Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:04:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season tickets  (Read 8880 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Season tickets
« Reply #30 on June 04, 2020, 03:00:00 pm by Copps is Magic »
Why should it fall on fans? For me, the players have to take a massive hit. Their wages are inflated at all levels. Agent fees have to take a hit also.

The game for me has completely lost perspective. I still get news articles popping on my social media about Manu, Chelsea et al. 'planning' to spend 80 million on this and that player. 80 million on ONE player at THIS time? I can't align with that. Thats probably enough money to keep all clubs in the lower two leagues in business for forseeable future. I am falling out of love with the sport very quickly.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 04, 2020, 03:18:55 pm by Pancho Regan »
Why should it fall on fans? For me, the players have to take a massive hit. Their wages are inflated at all levels. Agent fees have to take a hit also.

The game for me has completely lost perspective. I still get news articles popping on my social media about Manu, Chelsea et al. 'planning' to spend 80 million on this and that player. 80 million on ONE player at THIS time? I can't align with that. Thats probably enough money to keep all clubs in the lower two leagues in business for forseeable future. I am falling out of love with the sport very quickly.

Falling out of love with the game at the top level due to the obscene levels of players' wages and transfer fees is something I can totally empathise with Copps.

But I can't ever imagine falling out of love with DRFC.

Your legendary namesake excepted, Rovers players are transitory and won't be at the club for two minutes in comparison to the fans.
Hoping or expecting them to do much more than defer their wages, which I believe they have, will only lead to disappointment.

The fans are the permanent feature, and the club matters more to us than to any other stakeholder.

So I hope we will all do whatever we can in order to help secure the future survival of our club.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 04, 2020, 04:45:02 pm by Jenny »

This.

We only paid £140 for this season as part of the Black Friday deal so I am not going to lose sleep over losing 3 games this season and I wouldnt be hounding the club for my money back HOWEVER there will be plenty of fans who are suffering real financial hardship right now and given the games arent going to go ahead, they should be refunded and they defo shouldnt be made to feel guilty about doing so.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 04, 2020, 05:34:56 pm by roversdude »
To be fair the players have taken hit

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 04, 2020, 06:12:11 pm by Copps is Magic »

Have they? Genuine question because I don't know. I know the playing staff were put on furlough, but I also remember reading they were recieving a 100% of their wage. Here, infact. Did this change?

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/april/chief-executive-thanks-supporters-clubs-for-donation/

In any case, I am obviously not really refering to right now, or really our players specifically. Its the game as a whole. Players are overpaid, agents are overpaid, transfer fees are stupid, clubs are spending too much money.

I won't give money to the club if this is whats going to continue in the future.

If there were some gurantees about a more sustainable system going forward, I would happily help. But it seems to me some clubs are just eager, waiting to start pissing money up the wall again.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 04, 2020, 06:12:50 pm by Draytonian III »
What about the club crediting those who’ve already paid off the next available season ticket or if next season we are only able to watch say 60% of fixtures live ( 60% is just a figure so don’t jump on that ) credit the remaining 40%

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 04, 2020, 06:21:36 pm by roversdude »

Have they? Genuine question because I don't know. I know the playing staff were put on furlough, but I also remember reading they were recieving a 100% of their wage. Here, infact. Did this change?

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/april/chief-executive-thanks-supporters-clubs-for-donation/

In any case, I am obviously not really refering to right now, or really our players specifically. Its the game as a whole. Players are overpaid, agents are overpaid, transfer fees are stupid, clubs are spending too much money.

I won't give money to the club if this is whats going to continue in the future.

If there were some gurantees about a more sustainable system going forward, I would happily help. But it seems to me some clubs are just eager, waiting to start pissing money up the wall again.

I agree football has fast become unsustainable, however it was good to read this https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/senior-pros-agree-to-wage-deferral-to-help-club-through-difficult-times/

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 04, 2020, 06:36:54 pm by silent majority »

I'm only talking about our club, nobody else's and certainly no Premiership clubs.

They'll survive, that's for sure, but lower league clubs won't, or certainly not as we are used to.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 04, 2020, 06:40:57 pm by silent majority »

This.

We only paid £140 for this season as part of the Black Friday deal so I am not going to lose sleep over losing 3 games this season and I wouldnt be hounding the club for my money back HOWEVER there will be plenty of fans who are suffering real financial hardship right now and given the games arent going to go ahead, they should be refunded and they defo shouldnt be made to feel guilty about doing so.

I'm not sure anybody is making anybody feel guilty about anything. Where has this been said?

All I've mentioned so far is that we have to be prepared to help where we can, the club will need us to do our bit, just like the players have done, just like the owners have done, just like the commercial sponsors will do too.

But people should really wait, as I've mentioned before until we know what's happening we can only prepare, no more than that.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 04, 2020, 06:43:58 pm by silent majority »

Falling out of love with the game at the top level due to the obscene levels of players' wages and transfer fees is something I can totally empathise with Copps.

But I can't ever imagine falling out of love with DRFC.

Your legendary namesake excepted, Rovers players are transitory and won't be at the club for two minutes in comparison to the fans.
Hoping or expecting them to do much more than defer their wages, which I believe they have, will only lead to disappointment.

The fans are the permanent feature, and the club matters more to us than to any other stakeholder.

So I hope we will all do whatever we can in order to help secure the future survival of our club.

Agreed Pancho. It is our club, a community club, and if we don't step up when necessary who will?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 04, 2020, 07:00:31 pm by selby »
  Copps, people only buy what they want to buy, that is why I suggested a shares issue or bonds which would give an option of being redeemed at a future date in full when the club was on a more stable footing.
   It could be done in many ways, even put in a separate bank account that the club could use as collateral to be drawn against as a short term loan.
 Wimbledon have done a similar scheme for supporters to help fund the new stadium.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 04, 2020, 07:51:06 pm by the vicar »
Why should we want a refund for the 3 games it is gone now, we all want a team to support next year, and as they say it is our club

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 04, 2020, 07:59:08 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Ok this is how I see it. Approaching 64 I have reasonable financial security. I have written off this season price wise and if necessary my pre-paid next seasons ST if extremely necessary to keep my team afloat. I am not a family with one wage earner on the minimum wage with kids. So to me its almost a means tested decision.  Its not a question of if someone has a choice- its whether they need things. First comes family and security, whether a fiancial contribution to DRFC is appropriate is not whether someone is better or worse as a person, its how and if they can contribute. There is no simple right or wrong in this....

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 04, 2020, 08:33:01 pm by vaya »
Ok this is how I see it. Approaching 64 I have reasonable financial security. I have written off this season price wise and if necessary my pre-paid next seasons ST if extremely necessary to keep my team afloat. I am not a family with one wage earner on the minimum wage with kids. So to me its almost a means tested decision.  Its not a question of if someone has a choice- its whether they need things. First comes family and security, whether a fiancial contribution to DRFC is appropriate is not whether someone is better or worse as a person, its how and if they can contribute. There is no simple right or wrong in this....

I'm inclined to agree with this. There's probably a fair few supporters who might want to put money into the club but (especially at the minute) fundamentally can't afford to effectively write off several hundred quid.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 04, 2020, 08:55:12 pm by selby »
Nobody is trying to take the high ground. I am fully aware that some will find finances hard and have better things to spend their money on, and would also hope that the club, and think they will, find a way for long standing supporters to still see games at the Keepmoat who otherwise would not be able to go as they have been able to  in the past.
  Everyone of our supporters are important.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 06, 2020, 09:04:44 am by Padge_DRFC »
Discount on next seasons for existing season ticket holders or some sort of offer that doesn't lose Rovers 100s of thousands??

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 06, 2020, 05:02:45 pm by Metalmicky »
  Copps, people only buy what they want to buy, that is why I suggested a shares issue or bonds which would give an option of being redeemed at a future date in full when the club was on a more stable footing.
   It could be done in many ways, even put in a separate bank account that the club could use as collateral to be drawn against as a short term loan.
 Wimbledon have done a similar scheme for supporters to help fund the new stadium.

I'd be interested in something like this..... although I wouldn't be expecting much of a dividend on my share holdings.  It would give people an opportunity to support the club financially and invest in the future.  You could even do gift shares or similar, where people could buy a range of share bonds at £20, £50, £100.

Share holders could be 'rewarded' with free tickets or concessions based on their share holdings.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 06, 2020, 05:37:39 pm by selby »
  I like that Idea MM. and some could be set aside for supporters know from their records are long standing supporters who can no longer afford to purchase season tickets.
  That way we can help as many of the Rovers family and the club itself.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 07, 2020, 08:47:11 am by since-1969 »
There is no noises coming out from the club yet that they are seeking to alter the way the club is currently financed . But without a New vision of what football would look like under the. Present circumstances , it must be difficult for them to put ideas forward . IMO I believe we will see a full return sooner than we think with hygiene measures in place .Not starting a new season would effectively mean mothballing the entire industry which can’t realistically be possible as players -Manager's / Coaches all need to be involved on a day to day basis. Sports can’t be financially sustainable without fans and  sponsors backing and tv without the same is dead in the water as punters will loose interest . IMO .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 07, 2020, 05:49:56 pm by drfchound »
A friend of mine who is on the staff at a L2 club has said that they have been given the nod for a mid September start to the new season.
Of course things could change if the infection rate goes too high again.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 07, 2020, 06:30:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
We'll be fine London letting tens of thousands gather today.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 07, 2020, 07:39:13 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
A friend of mine who is on the staff at a L2 club has said that they have been given the nod for a mid September start to the new season.
Of course things could change if the infection rate goes too high again.

Interesting to see clubs like scunny talking of potentially they may be allowed a socially distanced crowd in. For clubs like us with a decent sized stadium we could achieve that probably.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 07, 2020, 07:44:58 pm by drfchound »
I see that Grimsby are thinking along the same lines too.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 07, 2020, 09:08:33 pm by roversdude »
Not sure how merchandise works but potentially will there be t shirts and kits that will be out of date - could these be offered to season ticket holders ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 07, 2020, 09:22:37 pm by drfchound »
Possibly but what if the ST holder didn’t want another shirt etc.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 08, 2020, 02:22:47 pm by silent majority »

Are you sure?

When Grimsby Town were setting out their budget for next season, the Sky Bet League Two club began with a chastening assumption. “Our starting point is that we don’t know when football will start,” Philip Day, the chairman, says. “And if we don’t know when it is going to start, we must budget that it isn’t.”

Some may raise an eyebrow at that assertion but here are the facts. Grimsby, Day says, have prepared for a reduction of between 60 and 70 per cent of the club’s £3.5 million annual turnover. Their match-day income, in last season’s accounts, represented £1.1 million. Yet season tickets for next season, which ordinarily bring in about £500,000 over the summer, have yet to go on sale. To make them available amid such uncertainty, Day believes, would be “disingenuous”.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 08, 2020, 04:06:09 pm by roversdude »
Martin when is the meeting, is it tomorrow. Does everything have to have a path to conclusion set at this meeting - sorry so many questions

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 08, 2020, 05:04:30 pm by drfchound »
The EFL meeting is scheduled for tomorrow.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 08, 2020, 05:08:37 pm by drfchound »

Are you sure?

When Grimsby Town were setting out their budget for next season, the Sky Bet League Two club began with a chastening assumption. “Our starting point is that we don’t know when football will start,” Philip Day, the chairman, says. “And if we don’t know when it is going to start, we must budget that it isn’t.”

Some may raise an eyebrow at that assertion but here are the facts. Grimsby, Day says, have prepared for a reduction of between 60 and 70 per cent of the club’s £3.5 million annual turnover. Their match-day income, in last season’s accounts, represented £1.1 million. Yet season tickets for next season, which ordinarily bring in about £500,000 over the summer, have yet to go on sale. To make them available amid such uncertainty, Day believes, would be “disingenuous”.

No, I am not sure.
I was reporting what it has said in the Grimsby Telegraph.
Mr Day has said that their club could socially distance crowds if needed.
That kind of indicates that Grimsby ARE thinking about it.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 08, 2020, 05:11:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very late to this but finally got round to reading in detail the Tranmere Rovers proposal. There are electoral districts in the Deep South of the USA that have been more credibly and honestly drawn than the Tranmere suggestion. This is the only model that could possibly save them from relegation and it looks just that. What a bunch of jokers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012