Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50420 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Hull City
« on June 20, 2020, 03:11:31 pm by Campsall rover »
A lot of their players refusing to sign short term contracts.
What do we read into that?
Can see them in League 1 next season.  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #1 on June 20, 2020, 03:26:19 pm by Campsall rover »
1-0 down to Charlton in a 6 pointer. Oh dear
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 03:29:09 pm by Campsall rover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 20, 2020, 03:37:31 pm by IDM »
It’s because they don’t want to risk injury when they are about to go out of contract.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 20, 2020, 03:48:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Couldn’t happen to a better person he’ll be a league one manager again next season if they don’t sack him

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 20, 2020, 03:57:13 pm by eastender »
There just trying out the 3 relegation birth for size as it stands at HT. :laugh:

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 20, 2020, 04:24:29 pm by ian1980 »
Just looking at the bottom of the championship table. It’s quite possible we could get Barnsley, Hull and Huddersfield relegated into league 1 for next season.

That would be quite good from our point of view. Even better if fans are allowed back in

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 20, 2020, 04:35:00 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Couldn’t happen to a better person he’ll be a league one manager again next season if they don’t sack him

If they sack him he will be lucky to get a league 1 job but probably will do at some point.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 20, 2020, 04:38:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Just looking at the bottom of the championship table. It’s quite possible we could get Barnsley, Hull and Huddersfield relegated into league 1 for next season.

That would be quite good from our point of view. Even better if fans are allowed back in
It would be good but can’t see Luton staying up. But what do i know. Any way you could definitely throw Middlesbrough into the hat also as a relegation possible.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 20, 2020, 04:50:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Only takes one word from me condemning Luton to relegation and they score.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 04:59:35 pm by Campsall rover »

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 20, 2020, 05:07:51 pm by Prez »
Taxi for the snake. Is that something like 2 points from their last 11 games?

Decent form that Grant.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 20, 2020, 05:20:30 pm by adamtherover »
He was on sky the other night moaning about players refusing to play who were out of contract in 2 weeks etc, and goes " I couldn't not play, I was brought up to finish what I'd started?"  really?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 20, 2020, 05:40:40 pm by tyke1962 »
Certainly all to play for at the bottom of the championship and we've given ourselves a huge lift with that win today .

Real game changer is this resumption , no spectators and using the five subs .

Some teams are going to enhance the opportunity and some could totally collapse .

Hull look dead in the water with the player situation and their results since Christmas .

Boro too look to be in trouble .

We've given ourselves a sniff today and we have no issues with players contracts other than the back up keeper Radlinger .

The chance to reset and playing in unfamiliar circumstances is a real game changer .

Noose still firmly around our necks but the hangman hasn't clocked on yet .

We live in hope .

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 20, 2020, 06:06:53 pm by elmsallrover »
Got good friends that are Barnsley fans love playing them always a good day out win or lose can't believe you won at Queens Park rangers must be the first time in years and I mean years

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 20, 2020, 06:22:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Got good friends that are Barnsley fans love playing them always a good day out win or lose can't believe you won at Queens Park rangers must be the first time in years and I mean years
First win since 1950 away at QPR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2020, 06:24:01 pm by drfchound »
Just looked that up mate.
Last time Barnsley won at QPR was in 1950......and it was 5-0.
Today is only their second win at QPR.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2020, 06:41:25 pm by tyke1962 »
Tactically the 5 sub rule is hugely significant , Struber had 3 players on the bench initially who would start all day long before the shut down .

They were brought on very early in the second half and he still had the two in hand .

A smart coach can utilise this very well so in a sense this is a very different game now to the one we all know .

The championship is crazy at the best of times but I can see it becoming even more crazy , Elland Road is not the same stadium under these circumstances as it was before the shutdown for instance .

Game on but it's the hope that kills you .

:rolleyes:

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 21, 2020, 06:37:34 am by Alan Southstand »
Well Tyke, I for one, hope Barnsley survive, at the expense of Dull. Looking at Dull’s fixtures, they have quite a few ‘6pointers’ coming up and, if they couldn’t win that one yesterday, it doesn’t look good for them!

Shame for Herbie, though, because he’s wasted there. I hope he’s on the phone to Darren, as I write this. :)

Can’t be long before he’s shown where the exit door is.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 21, 2020, 07:00:07 am by graingrover »
Hull fans not only show their ´disapproval’ of McCann but there are some very demotivating  criticisms of Herbie Kane which will do nothing to further his development at Hull in terms of self confidence .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 21, 2020, 09:46:58 am by steve@dcfd »
With four players not signing contract extensions and trying to keep Wilks, Barnsley should get him back why help Hull. Herbie and Liverpool made the wrong decision to go to Hull, as soon as there best two players left Hull we’re going into free fall. Let’s hope McCann and Crowley Brothers are relegated and Barnsley escape. Let’s not forget Huddersfield are in their position with £46m parachute payment which will be lower next season but should be stopped if they get relegated.

Also just a note to the EFL if Charlton and Barnsley do keep and get out of the relegation zone then it will show how ludicrous ppg decision was. Where teams have gained and suffered. Money should have filtered down from the top to allow league 1 and 2 teams to finish the season.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 09:56:11 am by steve@dcfd »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 21, 2020, 09:55:05 am by Metalmicky »
Certainly all to play for at the bottom of the championship and we've given ourselves a huge lift with that win today .

Some teams are going to enhance the opportunity and some could totally collapse .

Hull look dead in the water with the player situation and their results since Christmas .

We've given ourselves a sniff today and we have no issues with players contracts other than the back up keeper Radlinger .

The chance to reset and playing in unfamiliar circumstances is a real game changer .

We live in hope .

Would love you to take the points against Leeds in mid July..... ... it may be crucial game for both teams.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 21, 2020, 10:13:16 am by eastender »
Hull fans not only show their ´disapproval’ of McCann but there are some very demotivating  criticisms of Herbie Kane which will do nothing to further his development at Hull in terms of self confidence .

I watched the game and both Herbie and Wilks had poor games. To be fair to Herbie it was his first game back after being injured at the end of January.
   Lets face it if Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki and left in the summer window and not January , Hull would have been all but relegated by now.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 21, 2020, 10:17:39 am by IDM »
First game for everyone for over three months, you might expect many players to be off their best..

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 21, 2020, 10:26:18 am by tyke1962 »

We live in hope .

Would love you to take the points against Leeds in mid July..... ... it may be crucial game for both teams.

The last three games are extremely tough , Leeds away , Forest at home and we finish at Brentford .

The next five games we have Millwall at home , Blackburn home , Luton away , Stoke away and Wigan at home .

Those next five games are where we need to get the points if we are to survive .

In an ideal world you'd want Forest and Brentford with play off places secured and saving a bit back for the play off campaign , this thought probably wouldn't make any difference with fans in the stadiums but under these conditions it could potentially be a different matter I feel .

Mid table QPR struggled yesterday I felt with the motivation until the last half hour .

See how we go in with the next two home games , looking at the results yesterday in the Championship the home games seem to be a real issue for clubs under these conditions .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 21, 2020, 10:54:21 am by tyke1962 »
With four players not signing contract extensions and trying to keep Wilks, Barnsley should get him back why help Hull. Herbie and Liverpool made the wrong decision to go to Hull, as soon as there best two players left Hull we’re going into free fall. Let’s hope McCann and Crowley Brothers are relegated and Barnsley escape. Let’s not forget Huddersfield are in their position with £46m parachute payment which will be lower next season but should be stopped if they get relegated.

Also just a note to the EFL if Charlton and Barnsley do keep and get out of the relegation zone then it will show how ludicrous ppg decision was. Where teams have gained and suffered. Money should have filtered down from the top to allow league 1 and 2 teams to finish the season.

The other irony steve is that the re-start has produced a totally different game to the one we knew before the shutdown .

Clubs losing players due to contracts expiring on June 30th .

Five sub rule , you can bring on fresh legs that convert to half the team .

Drinks break on 22  and 65 minutes that takes the sting out of a situation if you are under the cosh or has you having to reset if you are on top .

No fans in the stadiums and nothing to feed off from the stands .

Travel arrangements to the longer away games are now totally different , Arsenal flew up to Manchester 3 hours before the game kicked off .

Massively different things going on now .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 21, 2020, 12:19:56 pm by roversdude »
To be fair the drinks break is not new to the Cowleys

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 21, 2020, 12:25:13 pm by Padge_DRFC »
From a selfish point of view and a full KM when allowed I hope Barnsley, Hull and Huddersfield go down.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 21, 2020, 01:10:40 pm by tyke1962 »
From a selfish point of view and a full KM when allowed I hope Barnsley, Hull and Huddersfield go down.

For all the so called glamour of the championship and the amount of big clubs I have to admit personally I prefer League One .

Visiting fans in the pub pre match are far more down to earth and knowledgeable and its a real pleasure to have a beer and a chat with fans from Accrington , Gillingham and Rochdale rather than the arrogant up their own ass tribes you get from Forest , Derby and Birmingham .

We'd only walked through the pub door on the opening day against Fulham to feel the difference , I said to my mate after 5 minutes you can tell we are back in the Championship alright .

Different breed of supporter and younger too and all that comes with it .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 21, 2020, 01:44:18 pm by Alan Southstand »
I can appreciate what you’re saying, Tyke, wrt level of supporter, but I would never trade that against watching, in the main, a higher level of football.

Even though we lost quite a few games (obviously) when we were last there, I still came away having enjoyed the game more often than not. The frustration of a defeat is always there, no matter what league you’re in, so that is a constant.

Interesting comments from Steve re Huddersfield and their parachute payments. It really does beggar belief that Clubs have this ongoing financial boost for years after they get relegated from the Premiership. I can understand 1 season’s assistance, but after that they should fend for themselves. All that money could be spread across all the EFL Clubs. It’s ludicrous and so very unfair - it’s just encouraging Championship Clubs to go and spend stupid money (that they havn’t got) to get to the PL, because they know they will get it all back, and then some! If there’s one good thing to come out of all this disruption, it’s for the parachute payment idea to be realigned and funds better distributed.

But it is the EFL we’re talking about here so I’ll not be holding my breath, waiting for it to happen.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:53:34 pm by Alan Southstand »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 21, 2020, 02:23:50 pm by steve@dcfd »
ND I know it doesn’t get stopped but it should. A payment in the first year from the premiership would be ok after that to ensure a level playing it should be stopped. No way should continue if you drop into league 1. The money should be shared Down the leagues. My opinion but it won’t change.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 21, 2020, 02:28:55 pm by tyke1962 »
I can appreciate what you’re saying, Tyke, wrt level of supporter, but I would never trade that against watching, in the main, a higher level of football.

Even though we lost quite a few games (obviously) when we were last there, I still came away having enjoyed the game more often than not. The frustration of a defeat is always there, no matter what league you’re in, so that is a constant.

Interesting comments from Steve re Huddersfield and their parachute payments. It really does beggar belief that Clubs have this ongoing financial boost for years after they get relegated from the Premiership. I can understand 1 season’s assistance, but after that they should fend for themselves. All that money could be spread across all the EFL Clubs. It’s ludicrous and so very unfair - it’s just encouraging Championship Clubs to go and spend stupid money (that they havn’t got) to get to the PL, because they know they will get it all bag, and then some! If there’s one good thing to come out of all this disruption, it’s for the parachute payment idea to be realigned and funds better distributed.

But it is the EFL we’re talking about here so I’ll not be holding my breath, waiting for it to happen.

I never feel we belong at this level these days , in fact I've felt this way for a good number of years .

Which is sad in a way because we've spent the majority of our history in the second tier , the stadium and facilities stack up and the attendances aren't the worst by any means , we are averaging more than Preston who are chasing the play offs and QPR to name but two even though we are having a dreadful season .

The club are almost bound by the above to achieve what is vast becoming the impossible dream , the reality is the club is in a fantasy league somewhere between league one and the Championship that does not exist .

Early last season I spent an hour in the beer garden on a beautiful hot saturday with three fans of AFC Wimbledon , they'd seen the club rise from non league to the FA cup win and the PL and then lose the club to Milton Keynes , they'd seen it reform and start the process all over again and back to league one , it was an incredible hour of conversation , far worse than you guys had it which is saying something .

These fans are the heart n soul of football and you just don't get that kind of humble conversation with fans of the big championship clubs of which they are plenty .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012