Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:51:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50767 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #120 on July 07, 2020, 10:02:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Think that was a must win game for both Luton & Barnsley tonight and a point each is unlikely to be enough. Could still be a twist yet but I think we will be playing you next season Tyke.
It ain’t over yet but the Fat Lady is getting warmed up i fear.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on July 07, 2020, 11:25:46 pm by tyke1962 »
Think that was a must win game for both Luton & Barnsley tonight and a point each is unlikely to be enough. Could still be a twist yet but I think we will be playing you next season Tyke.
It ain’t over yet but the Fat Lady is getting warmed up i fear.

Every team in the Championship apart from us of course would have comfortably beaten Luton Town tonight .

There was nothing to beat .

Everything you see regarding having a team full of young and inexperienced players was on show tonight .

Lack of composure , bad decision making and playing with fear .

No it's over for us , the young lads aren't up to it and are going to fall short .

You can't turn water in to wine with four games left I'm afraid .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 08, 2020, 08:05:25 am by IDM »
Leeds will probably get promoted if not win the league, for what it’s worth they only drew with Luton last week too..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 08, 2020, 09:17:23 am by drfchound »
A good point IDM  (if you see what I mean).

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on July 08, 2020, 09:36:20 am by tyke1962 »
I'll say here and now that this group isn't as good as the last crop who were relegated from the Championship but returned at the first time of asking .

Physically nothing like as suited to the demands of legaue one , last season's team was huge but could play , if teams wanted a fight then good luck with that , if teams wanted to play then even better , apart from Rovers that is .

Mentally there's a question mark too , when the pressure dial gets turned up they freeze , last Saturday at Stoke was a classic example and last night too to a lesser degree .

Well the pressure ain't going away next season , you could argue it's greater because the expectation is to win a huge amount of league one games , we don't care too much for scratching around in league one .

That's not arrogance but the bar has to be set somewhere and the top 6 minimum is where it's placed .

Everything is set up at that level , fanbase , facilities and budget .

The club , HC and players get an awful lot of slack cut in the Championship , sometimes a tad too much in my opinion , it disappears in league one and there's no place to hide .

Having said all that , even kicking off in league one next season will be a bonus with what's going on right now but at the same time it is for every club at that level .

Upper mid table next season for us .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on July 08, 2020, 01:21:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hard to predict how the owners might review things post Covid and relegation to boot. Been speculation for sometime, even before Covid that some owners/regimes were looking for a way out.

Wigan maybe one of the first but who's next?

The last thing I'll be doing is predicting anything for next season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on July 08, 2020, 02:15:49 pm by selby »
  Tyke, I can understand your apprehension, but the years and time have taught me never to underestimate Rotherham and Barnsley and the people and supporters of both clubs.
  Numerous times over my lifetime both sides seem to have hit hard times, and each time within a few seasons they have rose up to meet the challenge and do well again, backed by some of the most committed supporters any side could wish to have.
  Like you I think that this season is going to be a fleeting visit in the championship, and that in it's self could cause problems off the field temporally, but I would not discount you coming back stronger your young team performing reasonably well in the second half of the season, and your core support in the area will always pull the club through.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 08, 2020, 02:56:09 pm by tyke1962 »
  Tyke, I can understand your apprehension, but the years and time have taught me never to underestimate Rotherham and Barnsley and the people and supporters of both clubs.
  Numerous times over my lifetime both sides seem to have hit hard times, and each time within a few seasons they have rose up to meet the challenge and do well again, backed by some of the most committed supporters any side could wish to have.
  Like you I think that this season is going to be a fleeting visit in the championship, and that in it's self could cause problems off the field temporally, but I would not discount you coming back stronger your young team performing reasonably well in the second half of the season, and your core support in the area will always pull the club through.

Your very kind Selby and I appreciate your comments .

However none of us have lived through an event such as this and it's catastrophic consequences and my club hasn't ever been owned by a consortium of foreign  billionaires looking to earn a buck and not through love of the club or the town .

The club is set to run totally out of cash this month , 7k ST renewals for next season may keep us alive in the shorter term .

Nobody knows if League One will even begin next season and we have a wage bill approaching £12m to service .

Under normal circumstances we'd take the financial hit of relegation by selling two or three of our better players , cutting our cloth and simply knuckle down , the local owner and fan would fill in the financial gaps .

The club stands on it's own two feet financially or it goes , this is pure capitalism now , this is reality .

Unless the consortium finance the club using their own funds then we have to face that reality and likely administration .

This is business now , 133 years of history is neither here nor there to these people as it wasn't with Woolworths for example or Thomas Cook .

We are heading for the worst possible place , at the worst possible time with the worst kind of owners .

Our good fortunate maybe about to end .

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on July 08, 2020, 03:26:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Much as I see Barnsley as our biggest rivals, I also have a lot of sympathy for them - all in a way that doesn't apply to Rotherham and others. The bottom of the Championship is an intriguing battle, it directly relates to Rovers in that it's within the bounds of our level and will be deciding who we are up against next season.

It's looking like Wigan are certs for the drop, and then especially with post covid break unpredictability anything can happen even with the nightmare fixtures Barnsley have left. Several teams still in the mix for the drop, and much as I'd look forward to playing them next season, and without any Donny games happening I'm finding myself being a Barnsley fan - right now cheering for Millwall  :thumbsup:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on July 08, 2020, 03:49:29 pm by roversdude »
I know off the field Wigan are in a mess but they had some good form, even with a points deduction they are still in with a shout of stopping up especially if they get a result tonight

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 08, 2020, 04:06:19 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I know off the field Wigan are in a mess but they had some good form, even with a points deduction they are still in with a shout of stopping up especially if they get a result tonight
True but a very slim chance. To play QPR, Barnsley, Hull, Charlton, Fulham. With 4 wins in that they'd end up with 50 points after deductions, any less and they're almost certainly down.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 08, 2020, 05:41:30 pm by tyke1962 »
Millwall 0-2 Boro

We are vastly running out of lifeboats and the ship is taking huge amounts of water .

The band will of course play on ........ hopefully .

:crying: :crying: :crying:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on July 08, 2020, 06:39:44 pm by roversdude »
Well Keiffer is still trying

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 08, 2020, 07:34:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
Hull 2 down to Bristol. Pressure is on, snake!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on July 08, 2020, 07:35:37 pm by Alan Southstand »
Correction 2-1 down!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 08, 2020, 08:08:21 pm by roversdude »
Interesting at the bottom now

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 08, 2020, 08:34:02 pm by tyke1962 »
We have Wigan at home on saturday , I suppose if you take the view third bottom is the new fourth bottom then victory on saturday would keep us pretty much alive .

Hull have Millwall at home which is a reasonably enough winnable game if such a thing exists in the Championship .

The conundrums just do your head in but at the same time how can you not do them ? , I'm sure Rovers fans are just the same .

To tell the truth if we weren't dealing with the financial affects of this pandemic across the whole game I wouldn't be that bothered .

This would be the fourth relegation from this level I've witnessed in since 2002 so its hardly anything new anymore .

Besides when you put it into context with the real affects of this disease it's almost shameful to moan really .

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on July 09, 2020, 05:47:41 am by Draytonian III »
Middlesbrough will stop up their last game of the season is away at Hillsborough, and everyone knows Warnock will work his magic there, he usually does crowd or no crowd

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on July 09, 2020, 07:57:56 am by selby »
The supporters at Hull do not hold McCann in very high regard by the looks of their forum.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 09, 2020, 08:08:45 am by roversdude »
Not sure they ever took to him Selby what they saying now

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on July 09, 2020, 08:23:31 am by Alan Southstand »
It would be exactly the same for us, Tyke, if we were in that position. Our fairly recent past has had us yo-yoing between the Championship, L1 and L2. If there’s one thing about this season’s decision to curtail the season, it put us out of our misery with regards to that issue! However, like you rightly say, does any of that really matter?

What we are witnessing now is the after effects of the impact that this virus is having on Clubs up and down the country. Just how many Clubs are going to be affected? I havn’t read of any other Clubd making redundancies yet, but I dare say it will be happening.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 09, 2020, 01:08:34 pm by selby »
  Alan, there was a list of quite a few teams in the paper the other day who have made redundancies even a couple in the championship and that was before we announced them.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on July 09, 2020, 01:58:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
OK. I hadn’t seen that.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on July 09, 2020, 04:18:36 pm by Draytonian III »
Add Plymouth to that list as of today

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on July 11, 2020, 05:36:28 pm by MachoMadness »
Lost 1-0 to Millwall today. Anyone who's having a bad day should get on their forums/Twitter and read what they have to say about McCann. Oof.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 11, 2020, 06:42:54 pm by Prez »
Next 2 games for them Wigan away and Luton at home.

Talk about huge games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on July 11, 2020, 07:09:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Some relegation battle this is.

Amazed Warnock is struggling to get Boro motoring. They just can’t score goals and if you concede, which they are doing then that’s a recipe for disaster, without stating the obvious.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:15:37 am by Campsall rover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on July 11, 2020, 07:21:27 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Has sky got all championship matches like they used to have midweek? Could go into the last game with all the bottom 8 involved. Don't forget Wigan are technically bottom and Sheffield Wednesday are rumoured to have 9 points deducted

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on July 11, 2020, 10:38:09 pm by northern soul »
Wilks trial outcome.
"The former Leeds United striker pleaded guilty to two charges after hearing that he would avoid jail"

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds-news/leeds-united-mallik-wilks-court-18571678.amp?__twitter_impression=true

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on July 11, 2020, 10:54:31 pm by dknward2 »
Has sky got all championship matches like they used to have midweek? Could go into the last game with all the bottom 8 involved. Don't forget Wigan are technically bottom and Sheffield Wednesday are rumoured to have 9 points deducted

Think that Wigan may get away with the points deduction due to covid especially if they use the same people that got Bolton off their issue with us

TinyPortal © 2005-2012