Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:49:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50576 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #30 on June 21, 2020, 03:44:50 pm by silent majority »
ND I know it doesn’t get stopped but it should. A payment in the first year from the premiership would be ok after that to ensure a level playing it should be stopped. No way should continue if you drop into league 1. The money should be shared Down the leagues. My opinion but it won’t change.

It's a level playing field as in its the same for every club that goes up to the EFL and is then relegated back down again, those are the rewards for getting there as well as playing in the EPL of course. The key of course is not spend money you don't have and then make those payments work for you, something a good number of clubs didn't and continue to do.

If anything these payments have made a good number of clubs stronger and better, just look at the number of clubs that have gone into and out of the EFL that have benefited from these payments, the list is very long.

I think you mean the EPL.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 22, 2020, 12:09:02 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So Hull put out a statement about an article in The Athletic which they responded to but tried redacting the figures and some names by highlighting it in black but when you paste the text in to Word it unredacts it. :lol: They've changed it now to blank out the redacted parts but the unredacted version is available online where you can see they are only offering max 5-7k this summer and their highest paid player is Kevin Stewart.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/club-statement-the-athletic/

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 22, 2020, 12:51:44 pm by RoversAlias »
The club have banned the local press and all now.

A complete shambles of a club only going one way it seems.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 22, 2020, 01:50:57 pm by roversdude »
I won’t lose only sleep over this can’t see how GM thought it was a move forward especially having being put in the picture by his mate/mentor Adkins

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 22, 2020, 02:47:20 pm by RoversAlias »
Personally I think it shows up McCann's nature and decision-making even more. He had to know what a mess Hull City were yet he couldn't wait to get out of here and jump on board their sinking ship. More fool him.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 22, 2020, 03:56:49 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Huddersfield will have parachute payments paid the season after this also! If you're in prem more than 1 season you get it for 3 seasons.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on June 22, 2020, 06:21:32 pm by silent majority »
I spent quite a bit of time chatting to my friend Geoff, the Supporters trust guy mentioned in the article, this morning.

As he says the whole thing is laughable, and he stands by everything mentioned in that as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 24, 2020, 05:13:05 pm by Campsall rover »
I won’t lose only sleep over this can’t see how GM thought it was a move forward especially having being put in the picture by his mate/mentor Adkins
Some people unfortunately can’t see what’s staring them in the face.
He had the opportunity to build on what he had achieved at a very stable club which would stand by him and give him time to do it.
But he decided to jump ship shouting about loyalty to the Rovers players & then go to one of the most unstable clubs in the EFL.
So what were his reasons for doing that. Personally i can only think of one and it begins with a £ sign.
Short term gain financially but probably a long term disaster for his management career. For someone of his age very foolish.
What goes round comes round.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 05:42:02 pm by Campsall rover »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 24, 2020, 05:18:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
I feel bad for McCann.

Not really.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 24, 2020, 06:28:54 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
So Hull put out a statement about an article in The Athletic which they responded to but tried redacting the figures and some names by highlighting it in black but when you paste the text in to Word it unredacts it. :lol: They've changed it now to blank out the redacted parts but the unredacted version is available online where you can see they are only offering max 5-7k this summer and their highest paid player is Kevin Stewart.

DO: How can I access the unredacted version online?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 24, 2020, 07:23:58 pm by Draytonian III »
Huddersfield will have parachute payments paid the season after this also! If you're in prem more than 1 season you get it for 3 seasons.

I think Huddersfield will need the parachute payments because the wonderful Cowley brother could be back in the classroom this time next season, they are getting found out

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 24, 2020, 07:31:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »

https://twitter.com/monkeys_show/status/1275030012337573888?s=19

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 24, 2020, 07:54:30 pm by drfchound »

I think Huddersfield will need the parachute payments because the wonderful Cowley brother could be back in the classroom this time next season, they are getting found out

What about the other Crowley brother, the one that isn’t wonderful?  (Writer begins emoji search).

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 24, 2020, 09:11:49 pm by NewDonny »

Getting found out, really?

They were putting together some much improved performances before the pandemic shut down, then one game back and lose and you want to write them off!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 24, 2020, 09:27:21 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

https://twitter.com/monkeys_show/status/1275030012337573888?s=19

Thanks, DO! 👍

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 24, 2020, 10:27:43 pm by Draytonian III »

Getting found out, really?

They were putting together some much improved performances before the pandemic shut down, then one game back and lose and you want to write them off!

They will get found out , that’s why they went to Huddersfield not Sheff Wed , that would have been a to bigger club for them

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 25, 2020, 11:33:19 am by Alan Southstand »
Looking at Huddersfield’s run-in, I would say they are definitely under pressure. Their one easy fixture left is Luton, at home, but that will not be a walk in the park!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 25, 2020, 11:45:31 am by Metalmicky »
Hull play away at Birmingham on Saturday and then take on Middlesbrough at home on next Thursday.

After that Hull have 4 away games (West Brom, Bristol, Wigan and Cardiff) and 2 at home to Luton and Millwall left.

I think that's a tough enough run in - all against teams who have something to play for.

Saying that, Huddersfield run-in isn't easy either...

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 25, 2020, 11:50:55 am by dknward2 »
Come on every team that plays Hull

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 25, 2020, 12:32:04 pm by wing commander »
  I had a quick look over at Hull and boy do they not like GM in fact he's getting more stick than their owners which i find odd seen as though they sold all their decent players and didn't replace with anything..Can see the tin tack heading his way very shortly

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 27, 2020, 04:58:16 pm by Campsall rover »
Looks like they have blown a 2-0 lead now 3-3 in injury time.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 27, 2020, 10:26:52 pm by LincsRover »
Yep, apparently (well, according to 5 live I was listening to on my way home today) went 3-2 up then he made 4 or 5 substitutions to defend lead & they conceded in last 2 mins. Pundit on there was slating his decision making. Shame! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 27, 2020, 10:45:40 pm by elmsallrover »
A great free kick from kane hit the ball low and hard as the wall all jumped right into corner of the net keeper no chance

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 27, 2020, 11:07:46 pm by IDM »
Like Stock did at Leeds.?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 28, 2020, 06:55:14 am by RobTheRover »

That was Jason Price ducking out of the way to make a hole in the wall. There was one we scored where we hit it under a jumping wall once at the Keepmoat. Can't remember the game but I think it was Gareth Roberts.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 28, 2020, 10:06:58 am by IDM »
The one at Elland Road went along the grass under the wall..

Whether or not it was under where Price had stood I can’t remember..

Edit:

Apologies RTR you are correct and I was wrong:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YLKfmERLPxc
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:14:35 am by IDM »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 28, 2020, 12:40:35 pm by DonnyNoel »

That was Jason Price ducking out of the way to make a hole in the wall. There was one we scored where we hit it under a jumping wall once at the Keepmoat. Can't remember the game but I think it was Gareth Roberts.

Yes, against Forest.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 28, 2020, 07:32:31 pm by adamtherover »
Just seen the goals, and seeing kane and malik on the same pitch took me back to sarfend away in the sunshine...  First game of last season,   doesn't seem that long ago..

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 30, 2020, 11:24:03 pm by tyke1962 »
Game on now at the bottom of the championship , a real dogfight .

We have Stoke and Luton away the next two games .

Bring it on .

:boxing:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 01, 2020, 09:16:09 am by Metalmicky »
Game on now at the bottom of the championship , a real dogfight .

We have Stoke and Luton away the next two games .

Bring it on .

:boxing:

I think you've got a great chance - the momentum is with you. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012