Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:31:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50808 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #480 on August 05, 2020, 01:42:24 pm by steve@dcfd »
Allam has backed Grant to do well next season so looks like he’s staying as I expected it might have been part of the plan he mentioned.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #481 on August 05, 2020, 02:43:47 pm by scawsby steve »
Allam has backed Grant to do well next season so looks like he’s staying as I expected it might have been part of the plan he mentioned.

Let's get ready to give him a reception then.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #482 on August 05, 2020, 02:46:29 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, from an empty stadium eh Steve.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #483 on August 05, 2020, 03:12:11 pm by scawsby steve »

We know the EFL are useless mate, but surely they're not daft enough to put that fixture in the first few games.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #484 on August 05, 2020, 06:05:27 pm by Alan Southstand »
Hull are ‘hoping’ to make 8 new signings in the next week or so, according to their local rag.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #485 on August 05, 2020, 06:47:37 pm by northern soul »

We know the EFL are useless mate, but surely they're not daft enough to put that fixture in the first few games.

Maybe get one of the games or if the way before fans get involved?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #486 on August 05, 2020, 07:38:51 pm by scawsby steve »

For what reason?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #487 on August 05, 2020, 07:42:48 pm by scawsby steve »
Hull are ‘hoping’ to make 8 new signings in the next week or so, according to their local rag.

Some of them won't be on much money if the salary cap goes ahead before then.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #488 on August 05, 2020, 07:43:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
Vote delayed yet again!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #489 on August 05, 2020, 09:04:27 pm by silent majority »
Vote delayed yet again!

The votes this Friday, which was mentioned over a week ago I believe.

But the cut off for signings on higher pay counted as the squad average is also on Friday, so they need to sign pretty damn quick.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #490 on August 05, 2020, 09:10:50 pm by Alan Southstand »
Sorry Martin, I thought it had been set for the 6th, from the original of 29th July!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #491 on August 05, 2020, 09:18:11 pm by silent majority »
Sorry Martin, I thought it had been set for the 6th, from the original of 29th July!

Yes they've been moving it around. Quite annoying really, and more than a little underhand.

I also understand there's quite some resentment and opposition in certain quarters too. It may yet get ugly, but if it does then clubs will be even worse off.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #492 on August 05, 2020, 09:29:15 pm by drfchound »

Alan, I read an article this afternoon from the Sunderland Echo which said that Sunderland were trying to push through signing two free agent players before the salary cap vote which had been pushed back 24 hours to Friday.
The Portsmouth News also reports that the vote has been pushed back from tomorrow to Friday.
Sorry to bring that up SM, only reporting what I have read.
I just had another look to confirm what I read and found an article from last week in the East Anglia Times which says it was scheduled for 6th and they are complaining that the salary cap disadvantages Ipswich who had a £5-6m wage bill last season and that clubs like them, Portsmouth and Sunderland who both spent around £10m on wages last season, would be disadvantaged and as a result would likely vote against the Cap.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:35:52 pm by drfchound »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #493 on August 06, 2020, 09:14:41 am by silent majority »

Alan, I read an article this afternoon from the Sunderland Echo which said that Sunderland were trying to push through signing two free agent players before the salary cap vote which had been pushed back 24 hours to Friday.
The Portsmouth News also reports that the vote has been pushed back from tomorrow to Friday.
I just had another look to confirm what I read and found an article from last week in the East Anglia Times which says it was scheduled for 6th and they are complaining that the salary cap disadvantages Ipswich who had a £5-6m wage bill last season and that clubs like them, Portsmouth and Sunderland who both spent around £10m on wages last season, would be disadvantaged and as a result would likely vote against the Cap.

No need to apologise for bringing that up. I was aware of the date change because we had a meeting scheduled with the EFL for this Friday, but that has been moved now until the 20th August because of the date change for the vote. I'd only had that info from our office by email and I'd assumed that it had been communicated elsewhere. Apologies if it hadn't been.

The salary cap date change hasn't disadvantaged any of the big clubs the way they are talking about it. If they had a big budget last season and intend to keep those players then it doesn't affect them at all, in fact it's to their advantage.
However having a salary cap does affect them in the same way it affects everybody else. The problem is the big spending clubs wish to carry on spending in the same fashion and bugger everybody else. The salary cap is not perfect by any means, a combination of salary cap and SCMP would be a fairer system even to DRFC, but at the moment its not on the table.
What is on the table is a straight choice between salary cap or carry on as we have done.

WhitstabubbleKen

• Forum Member
« Reply #494 on August 06, 2020, 10:58:31 am by WhitstabubbleKen »
Is the outcome of the vote based on a simple majority in agreement or some other criteria

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #495 on August 06, 2020, 11:01:55 am by silent majority »
Is the outcome of the vote based on a simple majority in agreement or some other criteria

It was originally 2/3rds but was brought down. I need to check but I believe its something like a 60/40 split currently.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #496 on August 06, 2020, 01:28:17 pm by northern soul »

For what reason?

Might be to stop any agro?
Might be cheaper to police?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #497 on August 06, 2020, 01:41:58 pm by steve@dcfd »

Hope Kieran Sadlier is not one of them as he wanted Championship football.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #498 on August 06, 2020, 03:10:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

No need to apologise for bringing that up. I was aware of the date change because we had a meeting scheduled with the EFL for this Friday, but that has been moved now until the 20th August because of the date change for the vote. I'd only had that info from our office by email and I'd assumed that it had been communicated elsewhere. Apologies if it hadn't been.

The salary cap date change hasn't disadvantaged any of the big clubs the way they are talking about it. If they had a big budget last season and intend to keep those players then it doesn't affect them at all, in fact it's to their advantage.
However having a salary cap does affect them in the same way it affects everybody else. The problem is the big spending clubs wish to carry on spending in the same fashion and bugger everybody else. The salary cap is not perfect by any means, a combination of salary cap and SCMP would be a fairer system even to DRFC, but at the moment its not on the table.
What is on the table is a straight choice between salary cap or carry on as we have done.

It's like they want to carry on taking the bigger risks. It's approaches like this that contribute to the mess we're in by supporting over inflated wages etc for average players, throwing away good money on the likes of Will Grigg for example.

When will they learn that there's an alternative to splashing the cash. Maybe its too hard for them to do the hard work, and the easy thing is to throw somebody else's money at it and hope.

Now is the time for financial prudence and if things improve further down the line, then there maybe scope for reviewing the caps etc.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #499 on August 06, 2020, 03:53:02 pm by scawsby steve »

For what reason?

Yes, valid points there mate, but as things are looking with reduced capacities, it's doubtful that there'll be any away fans to police.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #500 on August 06, 2020, 05:05:55 pm by drfchound »

It's like they want to carry on taking the bigger risks. It's approaches like this that contribute to the mess we're in by supporting over inflated wages etc for average players, throwing away good money on the likes of Will Grigg for example.

When will they learn that there's an alternative to splashing the cash. Maybe its too hard for them to do the hard work, and the easy thing is to throw somebody else's money at it and hope.

Now is the time for financial prudence and if things improve further down the line, then there maybe scope for reviewing the caps etc.

“The easy thing is to throw somebody else’s money at it and hope”

If the owners are daft enough to allow that policy then they are throwing their own money at it aren’t they?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #501 on August 06, 2020, 05:20:35 pm by Al4475 »
DBR:

A very good question baz!
However, very much a view and approach that so many rovers fans adhered to and wanted to see over the years eh?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #502 on August 06, 2020, 06:24:18 pm by since-1969 »
What should a salary cap be based  on . A %!of Turn over  or a fixed amount where every club has to pay the same .
The EFL got it wrong last season with Bolton and Bury . If clubs aren’t scrutinised correctly with some sort of safety bond which should be set up that prevents a clubs owners from abandoning its responsibilities like Wigan . Based on the greater the risk the bigger the bond .

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #503 on August 06, 2020, 07:59:41 pm by northern soul »

For what reason?

Yes, valid points there mate, but as things are looking with reduced capacities, it's doubtful that there'll be any away fans to police.

Fair point not really thought about that angle.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012