Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:26:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50423 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #60 on July 01, 2020, 10:40:43 am by Campsall rover »
Game on now at the bottom of the championship , a real dogfight .

We have Stoke and Luton away the next two games .

Bring it on .

:boxing:
From only a selfish point of view I hope we are playing you next season as I really enjoy our games.
On all other fronts I hope you survive and think you have every chance. Huddersfield, Hull & Stoke are in dire form. Yourselves, Luton & Charlton are picking up points and no way will Boro go down with Warnock, just can’t see it.
Lots of twists & turns no doubt. Very good watching from a neutral point of view.
Enjoy the ride Tyke.  :)  All the best.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:32:53 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 01, 2020, 10:53:18 am by tyke1962 »

Bring it on .

From only a selfish point of view I hope we are playing you next season as I really enjoy our games.
On all other fronts I hope you survive and think you have every chance. Huddersfield, Hull & Stoke are in dire form. Yourselves Luton & Charlton are picking up points and no way will Boro go down with Warnock, just can’t see it.
Lots of twists & turns no doubt. Very good watching from a neutral point of view.
Enjoy the ride Tyke.  :)  All the best.

We were second best last night in the first half and Rovers missed some decent chances ......... does that sound familiar against us  :headbang:

Struber made three subs , changed the formation at half time and we were suddenly all over them and got our reward .

The margins are unbelievably small .

I've said if we have an opportunity of staying up going in to the final game at Brentford I'd snatch your hands off right now .

It's the hope that kills you ..........  :crying:

Absolutely huge financial consequences going on here with the club and the need to remain in the Championship .

The pressure is monumental but we aren't alone either in that respect .

50-50 chance for me .

Thanks for all your kind words .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:08:35 am by tyke1962 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 01, 2020, 11:17:42 am by DonnyOsmond »
It shows how ridiculous deciding things on PPG was though. Charlton are now 4 points from the relegation places when PPG would have relegated them and Barnsley and Luton are both one win from being out of the relegation places.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 01, 2020, 12:46:32 pm by Campsall rover »
It shows how ridiculous deciding things on PPG was though. Charlton are now 4 points from the relegation places when PPG would have relegated them and Barnsley and Luton are both one win from being out of the relegation places.
Unfortunately there was no fair way of deciding everyone’s fate. Without actually playing the games, It was imo the fairest of all the unfair options, if that makes any sense.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 01, 2020, 12:50:53 pm by idler »
Surely you can only compare when the season ends.
You will have a final comparison then and the bottom three in PPG could be the same as the eventual bottom three.
There was no easy way to predict places and somebody was always going to be disappointed.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 01, 2020, 12:55:24 pm by roversdude »
Looks like admin may play a big part in final standings

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 01, 2020, 01:22:17 pm by drfchound »
It looks like Wigan are in it too now.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 01, 2020, 02:35:02 pm by selby »
  Re read the report I got the wrong end of the stick hound apologies. In the unlikely chance of them finishing in the bottom three this season the 12 points will be administered this season. so they need to be at least 13 points clear of the bottom three this season to avoid relegation when the fixtures this season are concluded. If they avoid relegation this season the points will be administered next season.
   I will watch with interest if no buyer  has surfaced and they are in administration when next season eventually has a start date.
 Whether they are treated like Leeds, Bolton Wanderers, Southampton, and Leicester City and are allowed to carry on or like Hereford and other clubs who have been chucked out of the league system as per the rules that were in place at the time when they were still in administration on the qualifying date before the seasons start.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:57:18 pm by selby »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 01, 2020, 02:38:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bring it on .

I think you've got a great chance - the momentum is with you. 

Agreed. If you survive at the expense of t**t & t**t on Humber, that'll be grand.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 01, 2020, 08:21:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Huddersfield 3-0 winners away at Birmingham this eve. It’s getting very interesting indeed in the Championship relegation scrap.
Unlike the premier league where Norwich & Bournemouth seem determined to get relegated as soon as possible.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 02, 2020, 12:40:46 pm by silent majority »

But it would have also been a lottery had we played on. Most clubs like us would have lost their loan players and those whose contracts were about to expire. Finishing a season in that way would have been just as ridiculous.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 02, 2020, 03:42:28 pm by selby »
  SM, that is why the only fair ways for all the clubs were to void the season or combine this season and next seasons points.   
  They were the lesser of evils as far as the playing side of things and the game itself.
  The outcome of any of the other system was to satisfy outside influences especially broadcasting and a few influential teams, I wonder what the outcome would have been if by some miracle Burnley and Preston North End had  been in Liverpools and Leeds places in the league standings.
  It is no longer a game, the clubs are now prostituted to the TV companies, and in many cases are owned and run by Spivs disinterested in the game and only interested in the money they can skim off the top, and the top is where the money to be skimmed off is.
   I posted on here months ago that only government intervention making the big clubs spread their wealth to the lower divisions would make it happen. The dithering ineptitude of the EFL has let that one moment when it could have happened most likely pass them by, and the result of the harvest of small clubs going out of business because of their idiocy is not far off fruition.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 03:51:37 pm by selby »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 02, 2020, 07:03:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's not the government's job to intervene and act like Robin Hood by taking from the rich and giving to the poor. It's footballs problem in terms of raising revenue and deciding how it is awarded.

The crisis has served to magnify the inequalities in football however there's no pint pointing the finger at the wrong people. We haven't faced anything like this, there were no contingencies in the rules for this situation.

There maybe weaknesses in the structure and governance of the leagues which are likely to be addressed in the near future as S_M has already advised us.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 02, 2020, 09:16:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
Kane and Wilks both score tonight. You couldn’t script it could you.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 02, 2020, 09:28:12 pm by Campsall rover »
There doesn’t seem to be a script in the Championship at either end of the table.
I honestly expected Boro to win this one probably 1-0 
Pleased i am not a Barnsley fan, it’s bite your nails time for poor Tyke, while we sit back and enjoy watching the scrap going on.
Having said that I wish we were playing & fighting for that play off place, which would have been difficult but definitely achievable.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 02, 2020, 10:25:29 pm by tyke1962 »
There doesn’t seem to be a script in the Championship at either end of the table.
Pleased i am not a Barnsley fan, it’s bite your nails time for poor Tyke, while we sit back and enjoy watching the scrap going on.
Having said that I wish we were playing & fighting for that play off place, which would have been difficult but definitely achievable.

Our next three games are

Stoke Away on saturday

Luton Away on Tuesday evening .

Wigan at Home a week on saturday .

You couldn't write it could you ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 02, 2020, 10:30:46 pm by drfchound »

Our next three games are

Stoke Away on saturday

You just did.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 02, 2020, 10:36:16 pm by Campsall rover »

Our next three games are

Stoke Away on saturday

You just did.
But what will the outcome be in those matches. Anyone with a crystal ball.  Where are you BB

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 02, 2020, 10:59:11 pm by tyke1962 »

Our next three games are

Stoke Away on saturday

You just did.
But what will the outcome be in those matches. Anyone with a crystal ball.  Where are you BB

In all honesty I haven't a clue Campsall , all I can say is I'm looking for at least 7 points to keep us in the hunt because we end with .

Leeds Away

Forest Home

Brentford Away

It could be argued that Forest and Brentford maybe in play off mode and not quite as motivated as they could be .

Then again who can predict anything in this mental league ?

We could just as easily lose at Luton and win at Elland Road .

Just wish I was in the stadium doing my bit to help the lads .

Watching it on ifollow isn't that easy under this kind of pressure .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 04, 2020, 04:56:35 pm by Campsall rover »
Just got a feeling Hull will survive due to Wigan’s 12 point deduction.

Both Luton and Barnsley got smashed today by Reading and Stoke.
Not results you would have predicted.
What an unpredictable league the Championship is.

Highly unlikely now 3 more derbies next season.
The odds are now on only one.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:06:25 pm by Campsall rover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 04, 2020, 08:18:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
It just goes to show the gap from L1 to the Championship is getting wider and wider. Charlton are down there too, and just 1 season ago, those 3 were the best teams that L1 could throw up.

1 season and they’re almost all back with us.

I’d still rather we go up there and have another crack at it.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 04, 2020, 09:24:58 pm by scawsby steve »
Just got a feeling Hull will survive due to Wigan’s 12 point deduction.

Both Luton and Barnsley got smashed today by Reading and Stoke.
Not results you would have predicted.
What an unpredictable league the Championship is.

Highly unlikely now 3 more derbies next season.
The odds are now on only one.

Don't worry about derby games Campsall. If this virus doesn't f*ck off, and with talk of limited spectators in the stadiums, we won't be going to any away games next season, and maybe not that many home games.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 04, 2020, 10:45:49 pm by tyke1962 »
Absolute horror show today , gifted Stoke all three first half goals , they didn't even need to break sweat to earn such a commanding lead .

The team could hardly string two passes together , it really was woeful .

No point dwelling on it , it's gone now and thats that .

We need a win on Tuesday night at Luton and three points at home to Wigan next saturday or we are done for .

Its down to three wins now from the five games remaining and a bit of luck .

I give us a 35% chance at best .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 05, 2020, 10:32:38 am by Padge_DRFC »

Our next three games are

Stoke Away on saturday

You just did.

In all honesty I haven't a clue Campsall , all I can say is I'm looking for at least 7 points to keep us in the hunt because we end with .

Leeds Away

Forest Home

Brentford Away

It could be argued that Forest and Brentford maybe in play off mode and not quite as motivated as they could be .

Then again who can predict anything in this mental league ?

We could just as easily lose at Luton and win at Elland Road .

Just wish I was in the stadium doing my bit to help the lads .

Watching it on ifollow isn't that easy under this kind of pressure .

That 97th minute Derby equaliser almost rules them out of the automatics for me. Brentford could however go into that game needing a win to overtake West Brom. Just be 0v0 on 90 minutes and concede a penalty. Easy as that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on July 05, 2020, 11:03:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Absolute horror show today , gifted Stoke all three first half goals , they didn't even need to break sweat to earn such a commanding lead .

We need a win on Tuesday night at Luton and three points at home to Wigan next saturday or we are done for .

Yes, looking very tough now unless off the field matters with Wednesdays disciplinary yet to be finalised helps your cause.

If however relegation happens it's not the end of the world, as you can resume acquaintances with us once again! Get proper football and rivalry back on the pitch!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 05, 2020, 11:48:39 am by tyke1962 »

Yes, looking very tough now unless off the field matters with Wednesdays disciplinary yet to be finalised helps your cause.

If however relegation happens it's not the end of the world, as you can resume acquaintances with us once again! Get proper football and rivalry back on the pitch!

We need to get to third bottom as a minimum and hope Wigan have the points deducted that put them below us , that's not cut and dry by any means .

I'm not holding out too much hope of Wednesday getting penalised this season personally .

That said the league table doesn't lie , one win in the first 17 is what's done for us , just a couple of wins during that early part of the season would have made a massive difference .

2-0 up at WBA with 20 minutes left was a standout and in all honesty WBA pinched a point that night because of our lack of game management , we were much the better team on the night .

It's normally not the end of the world but with the way the games heading with the affects of the pandemic relegation could be a financial catastrophe for us .

I wouldn't rule out us being put put in administration if we are indeed relegated and the owners walking away .

Someone will have to fund the club with their own personal funds to sustain it and the owners aren't willing to do that .

We've sold 7k season tickets for next season but 2k of them are to kids and hardly raise any income so we are down by 4k on last season .

Sponsorship and advertising won't commit to anything because they don't know what's coming down the road or when a new season will even start .

Obviously there is no matchday income coming in .

The transfer market too looks set to collapse .

The £7m of tv revenue we are would get for remaining in the Championship could be the difference between just about keeping ourselves in business or entering administration .

Massive five games ahead for us on a number of levels .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on July 05, 2020, 03:58:21 pm by scawsby steve »

We need to get to third bottom as a minimum and hope Wigan have the points deducted that put them below us , that's not cut and dry by any means .

I'm not holding out too much hope of Wednesday getting penalised this season personally .

That said the league table doesn't lie , one win in the first 17 is what's done for us , just a couple of wins during that early part of the season would have made a massive difference .

2-0 up at WBA with 20 minutes left was a standout and in all honesty WBA pinched a point that night because of our lack of game management , we were much the better team on the night .

It's normally not the end of the world but with the way the games heading with the affects of the pandemic relegation could be a financial catastrophe for us .

I wouldn't rule out us being put put in administration if we are indeed relegated and the owners walking away .

Someone will have to fund the club with their own personal funds to sustain it and the owners aren't willing to do that .

We've sold 7k season tickets for next season but 2k of them are to kids and hardly raise any income so we are down by 4k on last season .

Sponsorship and advertising won't commit to anything because they don't know what's coming down the road or when a new season will even start .

Obviously there is no matchday income coming in .

The transfer market too looks set to collapse .

The £7m of tv revenue we are would get for remaining in the Championship could be the difference between just about keeping ourselves in business or entering administration .

Massive five games ahead for us on a number of levels .

If you do go down Tyke, you'll not be the only club in the sh*t. Not only do I think some clubs will go bust, I can also see some clubs having to go part-time.

I know I'm sounding like a doom and gloom monger, but with a virus that the experts don't seem to have a clue about, an EFL that definitely don't have a clue about anything, and a season coming up with empty and half empty stadiums, I can't see any favourable outcomes for anybody.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 05, 2020, 05:01:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Hull beaten at WBA
Wilks scores again for Hull.

Boro lose at home to QPR 0-1 so their goal scoring problems continue.
Even Warnock has got his work cut out with this rescue job.
Today was a game i thought they would get 3 points.

Tyke your still swimming  :thumbsup:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 05, 2020, 05:15:54 pm by tyke1962 »
Hull beaten at WBA
Wilks scores again for Hull.

Boro lose at home to QPR 0-1 so their goal scoring problems continue.
Even Warnock has got his work cut out with this rescue job.
Today was a game i thought they would get 3 points.

Tyke your still swimming  :thumbsup:

Even if it is in shyte  :suicide:

Yeh good results for us today .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 05, 2020, 05:23:31 pm by tyke1962 »
Key midweek games

Brentford v Charlton
Luton v Barnsley
Reading v Huddersfield
Millwall v Boro