Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:13:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 50823 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #90 on July 05, 2020, 05:31:45 pm by tyke1962 »
Absolute horror show today , gifted Stoke all three first half goals , they didn't even need to break sweat to earn such a commanding lead .

The team could hardly string two passes together , it really was woeful .

No point dwelling on it , it's gone now and thats that .

We need a win on Tuesday night at Luton and three points at home to Wigan next saturday or we are done for .

Its down to three wins now from the five games remaining and a bit of luck .

I give us a 35% chance at best .

Yes, looking very tough now unless off the field matters with Wednesdays disciplinary yet to be finalised helps your cause.

If however relegation happens it's not the end of the world, as you can resume acquaintances with us once again! Get proper football and rivalry back on the pitch!

We need to get to third bottom as a minimum and hope Wigan have the points deducted that put them below us , that's not cut and dry by any means .

I'm not holding out too much hope of Wednesday getting penalised this season personally .

That said the league table doesn't lie , one win in the first 17 is what's done for us , just a couple of wins during that early part of the season would have made a massive difference .

2-0 up at WBA with 20 minutes left was a standout and in all honesty WBA pinched a point that night because of our lack of game management , we were much the better team on the night .

It's normally not the end of the world but with the way the games heading with the affects of the pandemic relegation could be a financial catastrophe for us .

I wouldn't rule out us being put put in administration if we are indeed relegated and the owners walking away .

Someone will have to fund the club with their own personal funds to sustain it and the owners aren't willing to do that .

We've sold 7k season tickets for next season but 2k of them are to kids and hardly raise any income so we are down by 4k on last season .

Sponsorship and advertising won't commit to anything because they don't know what's coming down the road or when a new season will even start .

Obviously there is no matchday income coming in .

The transfer market too looks set to collapse .

The £7m of tv revenue we are would get for remaining in the Championship could be the difference between just about keeping ourselves in business or entering administration .

Massive five games ahead for us on a number of levels .

If you do go down Tyke, you'll not be the only club in the sh*t. Not only do I think some clubs will go bust, I can also see some clubs having to go part-time.

I know I'm sounding like a doom and gloom monger, but with a virus that the experts don't seem to have a clue about, an EFL that definitely don't have a clue about anything, and a season coming up with empty and half empty stadiums, I can't see any favourable outcomes for anybody.

Inevitable steve isn't it .

The game will not ever be as we once knew it , some of that will be for the better but unfortunately that's going to come at a cost to others too .

The irony with ourselves is that we are run financially very well .

Unfortunately the ownership are businessmen first and foremost with no emotional connection to the club or the town .

They have three other clubs across europe as well as ourselves no doubt all in the same boat .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 05, 2020, 06:08:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Absolute horror show today , gifted Stoke all three first half goals , they didn't even need to break sweat to earn such a commanding lead .

The team could hardly string two passes together , it really was woeful .

No point dwelling on it , it's gone now and thats that .

We need a win on Tuesday night at Luton and three points at home to Wigan next saturday or we are done for .

Its down to three wins now from the five games remaining and a bit of luck .

I give us a 35% chance at best .

Yes, looking very tough now unless off the field matters with Wednesdays disciplinary yet to be finalised helps your cause.

If however relegation happens it's not the end of the world, as you can resume acquaintances with us once again! Get proper football and rivalry back on the pitch!

We need to get to third bottom as a minimum and hope Wigan have the points deducted that put them below us , that's not cut and dry by any means .

I'm not holding out too much hope of Wednesday getting penalised this season personally .

That said the league table doesn't lie , one win in the first 17 is what's done for us , just a couple of wins during that early part of the season would have made a massive difference .

2-0 up at WBA with 20 minutes left was a standout and in all honesty WBA pinched a point that night because of our lack of game management , we were much the better team on the night .

It's normally not the end of the world but with the way the games heading with the affects of the pandemic relegation could be a financial catastrophe for us .

I wouldn't rule out us being put put in administration if we are indeed relegated and the owners walking away .

Someone will have to fund the club with their own personal funds to sustain it and the owners aren't willing to do that .

We've sold 7k season tickets for next season but 2k of them are to kids and hardly raise any income so we are down by 4k on last season .

Sponsorship and advertising won't commit to anything because they don't know what's coming down the road or when a new season will even start .

Obviously there is no matchday income coming in .

The transfer market too looks set to collapse .

The £7m of tv revenue we are would get for remaining in the Championship could be the difference between just about keeping ourselves in business or entering administration .

Massive five games ahead for us on a number of levels .

If you do go down Tyke, you'll not be the only club in the sh*t. Not only do I think some clubs will go bust, I can also see some clubs having to go part-time.

I know I'm sounding like a doom and gloom monger, but with a virus that the experts don't seem to have a clue about, an EFL that definitely don't have a clue about anything, and a season coming up with empty and half empty stadiums, I can't see any favourable outcomes for anybody.

Inevitable steve isn't it .

The game will not ever be as we once knew it , some of that will be for the better but unfortunately that's going to come at a cost to others too .

The irony with ourselves is that we are run financially very well .

Unfortunately the ownership are businessmen first and foremost with no emotional connection to the club or the town .

They have three other clubs across europe as well as ourselves no doubt all in the same boat .
We are lucky in that respect as our owners are locals who definitely have an emotional attachment to Doncaster.
I think at this time that will be a huge advantage to the welfare of DRFC and the long term future of the club.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 05, 2020, 07:15:53 pm by arkseyrover »
Tyke - as much as I share your liking for football I don't share any of your interest in Barnsley FC and I come on here to read about my own club - which should be the main thrust of the forum. So can you please feck off and hi jack some other forum to whinge on and give us a break from counselling you through your problems, which in the great game of life, aren't as terminal as you would have us believe

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 05, 2020, 07:17:55 pm by drfchound »
If only the main thrust of this forum was football.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 09:38:41 pm by drfchound »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on July 05, 2020, 07:28:30 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Tyke - as much as I share your liking for football I don't share any of your interest in Barnsley FC and I come on here to read about my own club - which should be the main thrust of the forum. So can you please feck off and hi jack some other forum to whinge on and give us a break from counselling you through your problems, which in the great game of life, aren't as terminal as you would have us believe

Bit harsh.

Carry on, Tyke. You're sound.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 05, 2020, 07:29:56 pm by IDM »

Out of order..

The forum header says

“Viking Chat
The place to discuss all things red and white hooped and anything football related...”

..and anything football related - includes supporters of other teams and their opinions.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:33:53 pm by IDM »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 05, 2020, 07:32:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If you're wanting to read about Rovers, then what the feck are you reading a thread titled 'Hull City' for?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 05, 2020, 07:46:24 pm by roversdude »
Carry on Tyke it can affect Rovers anyway plus there’s not much else to talk about

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 05, 2020, 09:12:27 pm by northern soul »
Carry on for me too tyke.
There's a number of rovers fans hoping you pull it off and stay up. It's weird times..... :-)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 05, 2020, 09:15:01 pm by elmsallrover »
Me too pal

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 05, 2020, 09:20:40 pm by Draytonian III »
And me Tyke, I would rather read about a Barnsley football topic than some of the drivel that’s spouted on here time after time.
I could be even more interesting if we’re in the same division next season 👀

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 05, 2020, 09:24:38 pm by drfchound »
And me Tyke, I would rather read about a Barnsley football topic than some of the drivel that’s spouted on here time after time.
I could be even more interesting if we’re in the same division next season 👀

The above is my line of thought too.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 05, 2020, 09:33:15 pm by firestarter »
Always talk sense in your posts imho Tyke.. which some on here rarely achieve

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 05, 2020, 09:34:42 pm by afro goal machine »
I work with alot of barnsley folk so dont mind the input tyke more than welcome for me

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 05, 2020, 09:55:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Barnsley Lives Matter too!

Buggered if I'm taking a knee though!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 05, 2020, 10:09:42 pm by scawsby steve »

Brilliant that Baz.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 05, 2020, 10:13:19 pm by Filo »

You could grow a finger 😂😂

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 05, 2020, 10:44:04 pm by tyke1962 »

That's quality Baz , pmsl .

Thanks for your comments guys , much appreciated .

Darren

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 06, 2020, 09:40:02 am by Darren »
Carry on posting tyke, always welcome here.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on July 06, 2020, 09:47:00 am by ravenrover »

You could grow a finger 😂😂
🖕this one OK? 😁

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 06, 2020, 10:01:37 am by Campsall rover »
Way out of order.  :facepalm:
Tyke you are very welcome on this forum as far as i am concerned and am sure most people would agree.
You are one of the posters that talk a lot of common sense and it is good to hear from a supporter of another club and get their perspective on the game.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 10:59:42 pm by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 06, 2020, 12:12:55 pm by selby »
  Part of the furniture now mate we will never let you escape. anyway like most on here I enjoy your posts so come on anytime you want to, although take a month off if we play you and you win.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on July 06, 2020, 01:00:31 pm by Alickismyhero »
Tyke, it looks like you have been adopted, keep posting

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 06, 2020, 01:04:53 pm by idler »
There's room on here for all genuine supporters whoever they support in my opinion. I'm sure that some on here have more in common with some opposition supporters than fellow Rovers fans.
I know that there are times when I have.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 06, 2020, 01:36:35 pm by EasyforDennis »

That's quality Baz , pmsl .

Thanks for your comments guys , much appreciated .

I hope you get relegated Tyke. Purely for selfish reasons. I always enjoy my day at Oakwell when we play you.
Would prefer that we had got promoted and you stayed up mind.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on July 06, 2020, 02:42:11 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Yep much rather have 2 fixtures v your lot than Luton etc

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on July 06, 2020, 04:27:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Herbie out for the rest of the season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 06, 2020, 04:48:12 pm by roversdude »
Big loss to them, shame for Herbie but please he can’t help them

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 07, 2020, 08:34:01 pm by tyke1962 »
Look forward to seeing you at Oakwell next season , we are done for now .

:crying:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 07, 2020, 09:23:47 pm by Metalmicky »
Look forward to seeing you at Oakwell next season , we are done for now .

:crying:

With Hull losing Kane for the rest of the season, I don't think you should give up hope yet.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012