Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:43:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Refunds Letter from Gavin Baldwin  (Read 8401 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Refunds Letter from Gavin Baldwin
« Reply #60 on June 23, 2020, 04:10:25 pm by graingrover »
The club can never be accused of not giving Doncaster community the fullest value for their occupation of the stadium and it’s surrounds for sure .We compare very favourably with some big city clubs who sweat the stadium asset for their own benefit with the inevitable hotel facilities .We have a college and many community activities on site .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 23, 2020, 04:51:57 pm by Donnywolf »
We should be proud and h-e-l-l I am proud to be a supporter of (for me) my great hometown Club

I have a Wolves fan to thank who decamped from Staffs to here but instantly became a Rovers Fan (and tried to infiltrate Yorks CCC but I never let him go that far) and he indoctrinated me into being a Rovers fan

Thanks Dad wherever you are you too would be proud of Rovers to this day and might be pleased with whats going on at Molineux too

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 23, 2020, 05:45:01 pm by Muttley »
Is the club contacting supporters individually about this?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 23, 2020, 08:15:16 pm by silent majority »
Can I just say, then, Martin, just what is the EFL doing about it? Do you think they are going to let most of the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2 go to the wall? If that is truly the case, then it kind of underlines where the EFL’s loyalties lie. Or am I missing something fundamental?

Everyone knows there’s plenty of money in the EPL ( Chelsea have already made a huge signing for next season, the value of which could have eased The 46 teams problems in leagues 1 and 2). But there is quite a chunk to be had in the Championship, as we’ve experienced ourselves in recent times. But the single most damaging fact of the matter is there is this totally lob-sided reward for Clubs getting relegated from the Premiership. Until something is done about that, I can’t see much changing at lower league level.

Just what are the EFL doing about the knock-on effects of this pandemic on (especially) the Clubs in leagues 1 and 2? These are unprecedented times and it calls for unprecedented measures. Where and what are they?

Alan, we do know they are under review currently with regard to governance, and we know because they have taken the FSA document as part of that review.

We also know that they have said that they will work even harder to ensure that the Bury situation doesn't happen again, although details on what they will do are in short supply. But since Shaun Harvey was put on gardening it could be said that there is a less dogmatic approach to the EFL.

But there is talk about wage caps, smaller squad sizes, promotion of academy players etc which will form a basis of changes required to ensure clubs stay within their means and operate as sustainably as possible. The disappointment is that they have so far failed to provide any detail or dates or anything which shows them working towards that. I'm assuming they want the season out of the way beforehand.

The good thing though, is that I'm hearing extremely strong evidence that all that I've mentioned above is already happening at club level. Report after report is showing that clubs are releasing players on large contracts, that wage levels are tumbling along with budget sizes, and that Covid-19 measures forced on clubs are happening. Clubs know full well that they have to balance the books like never before, and that is happening, or at least appears to be.

But I'd forget the EPL as the saviour, they don't care. The government have told them they need to do more, something that they acknowledge, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 23, 2020, 08:25:21 pm by silent majority »
But aren’t the keepmoat and cantley park classed as community assets so it’s not like someone can buy rovers and knock down keepmoat or bulldoze cantley park and build homes.

So what I’m saying is it’s not easy to make a quick buck on our club

The Keepmoat is classed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) which is held by us, the VSC. We've looked at Cantley Park but it is a bit more complex and less important.

But it's no coincidence that a Hedge Fund stepped in to buy DRFC when we had the long lease issued, suddenly DRFC were in control of their home and were not renting any longer. That had a value.

So why did they wish to buy the club? They certainly weren't interested in the club itself, what they wanted was the land, and there's plenty of it around the Keepmoat without having to demolish anything.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 23, 2020, 09:07:43 pm by Filo »
But aren’t the keepmoat and cantley park classed as community assets so it’s not like someone can buy rovers and knock down keepmoat or bulldoze cantley park and build homes.

The Keepmoat is classed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) which is held by us, the VSC. We've looked at Cantley Park but it is a bit more complex and less important.

But it's no coincidence that a Hedge Fund stepped in to buy DRFC when we had the long lease issued, suddenly DRFC were in control of their home and were not renting any longer. That had a value.

So why did they wish to buy the club? They certainly weren't interested in the club itself, what they wanted was the land, and there's plenty of it around the Keepmoat without having to demolish anything.

Did n’t they go out of business not long after?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 23, 2020, 10:03:43 pm by Muttley »

There's plenty of land available in Doncaster and across the country without going to the hassle of buying/running a football club to get hold of a piece of land where there would be substantial local opposition to developing it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 23, 2020, 10:21:06 pm by silent majority »

There's plenty of land available in Doncaster and across the country without going to the hassle of buying/running a football club to get hold of a piece of land where there would be substantial local opposition to developing it.

You’re assuming they had some money!!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 23, 2020, 11:34:40 pm by dknward2 »
Thank you Martin

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 24, 2020, 08:54:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
And assuming it was a ligit business!

I'm grateful for any clean money from local successful businessmen any day of the week.

As we've said all along, be careful what you wish for! Look at Charlton now.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 24, 2020, 11:52:10 am by mjg »
Just bought a DNA card and paid into the lottery, hope this helps a little 👍🏻

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 24, 2020, 01:35:26 pm by idler »
Every bit helps. If our 7,000 fans spent £15 each that's over £100k which is a sizeable amount. We just need to keep ticking over.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 24, 2020, 01:49:30 pm by Chris Black come back »

That is true, although the hard yards have been done by someone building all the infrastructure and attracting other businesses to the area. This is a well positioned site (near town, motorway) where there is good footfall and traffic already.

For 100k rent a year you are getting a stadium that you could exploit further financially (as we are) to strengthen this as a destination and then you can build further retail etc in the environs. If you look at Wembley the area as many will remember from 2008 is not the most attractive part of London but due to the infrastructure to support the stadium, you can see now with coverage of England games that there is loads of construction around the site.

I don’t know at all but imagine the attraction of the fantasy bid was to increase land value in the immediate area and profit from that, with the club and stadium exploitation a driver of that. Who knows though - only JR I guess.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 24, 2020, 02:35:03 pm by silent majority »
Fantasy and exploitation! The two key words there CBcb.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 24, 2020, 06:39:13 pm by scawsby steve »
We should be proud and h-e-l-l I am proud to be a supporter of (for me) my great hometown Club

I have a Wolves fan to thank who decamped from Staffs to here but instantly became a Rovers Fan (and tried to infiltrate Yorks CCC but I never let him go that far) and he indoctrinated me into being a Rovers fan

Thanks Dad wherever you are you too would be proud of Rovers to this day and might be pleased with whats going on at Molineux too

What a lovely post Wolfie.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 28, 2020, 10:12:52 am by Padge_DRFC »
Is everyone emailed or had something posted? Not had anything if so.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on June 28, 2020, 10:13:26 am by silent majority »
Not yet, no.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on June 28, 2020, 05:13:10 pm by Jimmydee »
Option 1, done.

winegums

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 07, 2020, 03:22:08 pm by winegums »
I've only bought kids season tickets. Does this apply to them as I've not heard anything from the club?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 07, 2020, 04:33:16 pm by silent majority »
I've only bought kids season tickets. Does this apply to them as I've not heard anything from the club?

Well it will apply to everybody.

There will be more communication soon.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 07, 2020, 05:25:38 pm by Spilsby Red »
I unfortunately had to ask for a refund. As hard as it was, with being a rovers supporter for 45 years. Lost my job. Struggling. Times are hard for me.  Wish I could have donated it to the club but every penny counts at the mo. So sorry to DRFC and my fellow supporters.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 07, 2020, 05:27:18 pm by IDM »
No need to apologise at all, you need the cash.

Hope you get back on your feet soon.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 07, 2020, 05:32:54 pm by Spilsby Red »
I love my club. Wish I could help but unfortunately I can’t. Having depression hasn’t helped with losing my job. I have worked all my life except for the last 3 months. It is quite soul destroying.
Thank you IDM

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 07, 2020, 05:39:05 pm by Spilsby Red »
I even apologised in my email to DRFC as I felt embarrassed asking for for my money back

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 07, 2020, 05:45:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
I love my club. Wish I could help but unfortunately I can’t. Having depression hasn’t helped with losing my job. I have worked all my life except for the last 3 months. It is quite soul destroying.
Thank you IDM

Well if there is one thing you will know from supporting this club is that one minute you’re playing Leek Town away but before too long you are back in the game winning the Division Three title. Am sure you will be back with some wins soon pal.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on July 07, 2020, 05:50:09 pm by Spilsby Red »
I have been all over the country following the mighty DRFC in all leagues. My son is now a supporter. Onwards and upwards

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 07, 2020, 06:17:18 pm by ravenrover »
I even apologised in my email to DRFC as I felt embarrassed asking for for my money back
No apology required nobody should feel embarrassed about asking for a refund we are all in different and sometimes difficult circumstances, good luck for the future

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 07, 2020, 06:27:01 pm by RoversAlias »
Spilsby, please never feel the need to apologise for putting yourself/family first! In an ideal world none of this would be happening, but it is and times are very hard for many of us. You love the club just as we all do and I'm sure have contributed plenty over the years (and will again once this difficult time passes and you are back on the up with us all) but for now you should feel in no way as if you've done wrong or are less for having to get that money back.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 07, 2020, 06:39:32 pm by Spilsby Red »
I have supported our club through thick and thin. I actually so feel embarrassed. DRFC ha e given me a purpose all my life esp the last few years. We have amazing supporters and since that fatal owner in 1998 we have have an incredible board.
I am sorry I can’t contribute at this moment. Love my club. Just feel heart broken I can’t help at this moment in time

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 07, 2020, 06:55:48 pm by Campsall rover »
You have nothing to apologise for.
Keep your pecker up & all the best for the future.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012