Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:16:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lee Johnson  (Read 2758 times)

donnyguy

• Forum Member
Lee Johnson
« on July 04, 2020, 06:25:06 pm by donnyguy »
Following defeat to Cardiff Lee Johnson has been sacked

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Re: Lee Johnson
« Reply #1 on July 04, 2020, 07:02:39 pm by phil old leake »
Another average manager who has achieved nothing and will just keep going round on the management roundabout

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 04, 2020, 07:17:08 pm by Draytonian III »
7 defeats and 2 draws in 9 matches .

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2020, 10:17:03 am by Retdon1 »
Spent close to £70 million and used over 100 players in 4 years

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2020, 10:30:08 am by Branton Rover »
Yes but he’ll get another job soon

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2020, 11:13:54 am by chrisd_123 »
He did well at Oldham and Barnsley on relatively low budgets (compared to Bristol anyway)

Sometimes managers are better suited to a job with less big names, big wages. Look at SoD.

He strikes be as a bit like Darren Moore in terms of being a good guy and a good man manager. Seems to have a knack of getting the best out of players, including those with limited ability with players wanting to play for him. But at a league two/league one level where you don't get as many of the big wages and big egos.

Issue with Bristol is they clearly want that next step with how much money they've thrown at it and if he's not done it in 4 years, they'll be getting restless.

He won't be out of work too long. A good League One club will snap him up.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 06, 2020, 01:07:13 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
at last it must have been  six years since i said he had no ability and should be sacked ( you should see my views on morinho and his lack of abilty in the current climate -- when he joined man u  -- and guess wot i was right )

i remember him losing 6 in a row at Barnsley then won a lot in a row and was pinched ( dingles were so pleased ) and the other bloke took over who i believe was pulling the strings all along

tyke can you fill in a few details please

i remember now Bristol gave him a stupid 4y ear contract and i used to go on and on about how they could not afford to sack him when they were near the bottom (i think near the bottom)

he signed a 4 year deal originally then in 2019 he signed another 4 year deal .. unbelievable the owner is into finance        ....    sadly " not very good"  with his football finances :suicide:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:18:52 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 06, 2020, 01:31:12 pm by phil old leake »
There are so many managers the same.  For some reason they just go round and round on the merry go round achieving nowt
The lust could be endless.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2020, 01:32:53 pm by EasyforDennis »
The law of averages says that most managers will achieve nowt.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2020, 03:24:56 pm by roversdude »
He did well at Oldham and Barnsley on relatively low budgets (compared to Bristol anyway)

Sometimes managers are better suited to a job with less big names, big wages. Look at SoD.

He strikes be as a bit like Darren Moore in terms of being a good guy and a good man manager. Seems to have a knack of getting the best out of players, including those with limited ability with players wanting to play for him. But at a league two/league one level where you don't get as many of the big wages and big egos.

Issue with Bristol is they clearly want that next step with how much money they've thrown at it and if he's not done it in 4 years, they'll be getting restless.

There will be a job going at Peterborough soonish and more than likely at Hull

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2020, 04:41:24 pm by idler »
There are so many managers the same.  For some reason they just go round and round on the merry go round achieving nowt
The lust could be endless.
That smacks of a sexist remark!😉

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2020, 04:45:01 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

as i said lets see what tyke thinks of him !!!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2020, 04:54:42 pm by phil old leake »
Easy. Does that make it right

If these people performed like they do in industry which football is (it’s about achieving and profit making) they would be out on their arse

Can you imagine a manager at a big department store talking the talk getting a job and then his / her department fails
I’m sure they’d just give them another job
No maybe not maybe they’d be fired with little chance of achieving something similar until they had been a success

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 07, 2020, 07:59:04 pm by EasyforDennis »
Easy. Does that make it right

If these people performed like they do in industry which football is (it’s about achieving and profit making) they would be out on their arse

Can you imagine a manager at a big department store talking the talk getting a job and then his / her department fails
I’m sure they’d just give them another job
No maybe not maybe they’d be fired with little chance of achieving something similar until they had been a success

Not really a fair comparison. There are 23 clubs in our division. Only 3 get promoted does that mean the other 20 managers are failures and should be fired?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 08, 2020, 12:18:47 am by phil old leake »
No it doesn’t but surely at some stage you have to achieve something

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2020, 08:45:29 am by EasyforDennis »
No it doesn’t but surely at some stage you have to achieve something

Maybe it depends on what you accept as achievement. Sheffield Utd will win nothing this year but for me Chris Wilder will be the Manager of the Year.
Many managers who keep their clubs up when they are favourites to go down are achievers. I just feel that in football people expect far too much of ALL managers. Its an old adage but a very true one. Being a football manager, the only thing you can guarantee is that one day you will get the sack. It seems to be as the years go by that sacking comes sooner rather than later. Too many club owners want instant success. Thankfully that isn't the case at DRFC.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 09, 2020, 08:19:53 am by phil old leake »
I agree with some of that
A manager keeps a team up that are guaranteed relegation. Great job.
He will then in all probabilities move on to something better.
Are you saying that it’s a success to float around keeping teams up with no chance of improvement or development. Surely there needs to be some success at some point
I agree with the comments about Chris Wilder. I hope he wins it but that awards going to Merseyside. Wilder has proven himself to be a great manager. He will however never get a look in at Spurs Liverpool Chelsea Man Utd Man C. That is an example of where it is wrong from the other side

TinyPortal © 2005-2012