Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:47:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Redundancies  (Read 4576 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Redundancies
« Reply #30 on July 09, 2020, 10:17:15 am by the vicar »
Sorry vicar but you did say the current situation could be worse than the Richardson era.

The rest of your concerns were genuine and logical under the worrying times we all face, however your reference to Richardson deflected the point in the perspective of other forum users.

I hope you can see that.?

The difference is that during the Richardson debacle we faced those challenges alone, whereas now many if not most league one and two clubs are in similar precarious positions.

IDM yes I did make reference to the Richardson era But it as I said was only a comparison and yes financially it is worse as in we have no money coming in to the club and it could still get a lot worse, that is the only reason I said about Richardson, I might have said it a bit wrong but it is all coming ro the fore as to what I said, but you can put war and peace on here and people will pick up on just one little thing you say

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 09, 2020, 10:25:41 am by roversdude »
Is there any sign of money coming from EPL etc

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 09, 2020, 10:29:47 am by IDM »
Sorry vicar but you did say the current situation could be worse than the Richardson era.

The rest of your concerns were genuine and logical under the worrying times we all face, however your reference to Richardson deflected the point in the perspective of other forum users.

The difference is that during the Richardson debacle we faced those challenges alone, whereas now many if not most league one and two clubs are in similar precarious positions.

IDM yes I did make reference to the Richardson era But it as I said was only a comparison and yes financially it is worse as in we have no money coming in to the club and it could still get a lot worse, that is the only reason I said about Richardson, I might have said it a bit wrong but it is all coming ro the fore as to what I said, but you can put war and peace on here and people will pick up on just one little thing you say

But you know damn well as soon as you compare to Richardson that would light the blue touch paper..

Anyway, the concern is now and the hardships faced by all.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 09, 2020, 10:32:31 am by the vicar »
I don’t think there is at the moment, but if I remember correctly the EFL the FA and the prem league are going to have a meeting at address the situation but that only came out last week

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 09, 2020, 10:33:01 am by Draytonian III »
If a person is made redundant that position can’t be filled by anyone else for 6 months, but the way around it is to employ temporary agency staff for a few weeks at a time

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 09, 2020, 10:35:01 am by the vicar »
Some times you just put things in a way it is not intended, everyone in the world are the same, as I’m sure you and everyone on here does sometimes

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 09, 2020, 10:36:53 am by Filo »
If a person is made redundant that position can’t be filled by anyone else for 6 months, but the way around it is to employ temporary agency staff for a few weeks at a time

What if that position was to be rebranded with a different job title?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 09, 2020, 10:37:59 am by the vicar »
I’m not sure you are correct with that, as if you make someone redundant you can employ someone to do the same job IF you change the title and description

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 09, 2020, 10:39:58 am by the vicar »
Sorry filo I was typing that as you posted yours lol

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 09, 2020, 11:35:33 am by roversdude »
Can't believe this when our owners are worth millions.

Aye, they haven't lost any money because of Covid, have they?  :facepalm:

Glyn some people will never appreciate what we have

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 09, 2020, 12:30:09 pm by Lifelong supporter »

IDM, The main difference between now and what happened at the end of the Richardson era is that those in charge then had no interest in what happened to the football side of the club.
The current owners do.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 09, 2020, 12:41:19 pm by IDM »
Precisely.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 09, 2020, 03:39:53 pm by wilts rover »
I’m not sure you are correct with that, as if you make someone redundant you can employ someone to do the same job IF you change the title and description

Not quite Vicar. If you make a post redundant then employ someone to do roughly the same job within a year, even if you change the job title, you are opening yourself up to a constructive dismissal claim.

The new job needs to be substantially different - or you can re-recruit the original person.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 09, 2020, 03:56:38 pm by since-1969 »
Seems a little odd how someone can post an article about Leeds spending £16m on a player when no fans are allowed to watch him and someone posts about Rovers are making redundancies because no fans can watch similarly     . Is there a sadistic element on here who felt that Leeds success would be a distraction from our own plight !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 09, 2020, 05:30:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Seems a little odd how someone can post an article about Leeds spending £16m on a player when no fans are allowed to watch him and someone posts about Rovers are making redundancies because no fans can watch similarly     . Is there a sadistic element on here who felt that Leeds success would be a distraction from our own plight !

???  ;)
Is it not reasonable that many of us are talking about Championship clubs and matches as there is no football being played in our division.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 09, 2020, 05:41:47 pm by since-1969 »

???  ;)
Is it not reasonable that many of us are talking about Championship clubs and matches as there is no football being played in our division.
  It fills a gap I suppose , as we never get any information about how Rovers are preparing for 20/21 . Let’s face it , if we can’t watch it so why would we be interested in anything DRFC ? 😂

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 09, 2020, 06:25:41 pm by idler »

???  ;)
  It fills a gap I suppose , as we never get any information about how Rovers are preparing for 20/21 . Let’s face it , if we can’t watch it so why would we be interested in anything DRFC ? 😂
Everything Rovers is of importance to me.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 09, 2020, 06:54:07 pm by wilts rover »

???  ;)

Have you really posted 'we never get any information about how Rovers are preparing for 20/21' on a thread about possible redundancies at Rovers for 20/21?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 09, 2020, 06:54:54 pm by silent majority »
I've been posting since the start of this crisis just how serious this situation is for a club like ours. Other clubs are in a much worse position, but that's no compensation when you see the devastation its causing to your own club.

I also said I thought we'd get through this, much changed no doubt, but we will get through. I also said that supporters would have to step up and do their bit and I stand by that as well.

The vicar did post some weeks ago about how difficult the situation would be, and I supported his opinion (although not the bit about Richardson). Having said that, at the time nobody knew quite how bad it was going to be, but club officials were extremely worried and worked hard to try and find some clarity in amongst all the confusion. We owe a big thanks to Richard, the Finance Director, who had to paint all the various pictures and scenarios for the other directors to be able to make what decisions they could.

To see redundancies being made amongst such a dedicated team is heartbreaking, we're going to lose some extremely talented and devoted people. This is a major shift in the direction this club was headed, but we have to be thankful that the club will still be here.

Hopefully we can get them all back at some point.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 09, 2020, 08:05:31 pm by dknward2 »
Ok I guess I jumped the gun im really sorry that people are losing their jobs but if it means the club can continue in some form even if it means we lose players so be it as long as drfc still exists in the long run then maybe in the future the club and grow and become bigger than now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012