Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:53:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Recruitment to start next week  (Read 19049 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Recruitment to start next week
« on July 03, 2020, 10:48:55 am by Alan Southstand »
According to DM, things will start to happen in earnest from Monday onwards.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: Recruitment to start next week
« Reply #1 on July 03, 2020, 11:03:04 am by Danmckay456 »
With the recruitment manager I feel that gives us an advantage as I’m sure targets would of been drawn up from January onwards

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 03, 2020, 02:07:17 pm by afro goal machine »
Makes a change from September 🤪

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 03, 2020, 04:34:34 pm by karldew »
Hopefully we sign players and it doesn’t go on for weeks and weeks to give supporters something to moan about again.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 03, 2020, 04:38:11 pm by DRNaith »
I'm surprised that we're looking at recruitment when we haven't had a date set for the start of the next season.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 03, 2020, 05:28:06 pm by northern soul »
I'm surprised that we're looking at recruitment when we haven't had a date set for the start of the next season.

Or any info re squad size and budgets

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 03, 2020, 05:28:34 pm by IDM »

I’m not.. we probably have a minimum budget for the manager based on a worst case scenario of playing behind closed doors until January at the earliest.

Also, if we don’t start recruiting now, we may end up behind the curve and look how this forum goes into meltdown when it looks like we haven’t signed enough players, or missed out.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 03, 2020, 05:35:22 pm by drfchound »
It will be interesting to see how quickly or otherwise we sign any players.
Last summer when DM seemed to take an age to confirm his signings lots of posters excused him by saying he hadn’t been with us long and had to weigh things up (or words to that effect).

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 03, 2020, 05:48:36 pm by ravenrover »
Just read Gavins statement regarding next season to see what are the options we are exploring regarding budget

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 03, 2020, 06:47:47 pm by idler »
I think Gavin said and it was reported by SM that the contracts would have scope to rise with circumstances improving.
I could be wrong but that's the way that I interpreted it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 03, 2020, 06:48:24 pm by selby »
  Hopefully the first signings will be the ones we have offered  contracts to, then we can build on what we know is a decent base that is already here.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 03, 2020, 06:52:44 pm by phil old leake »
Knowing our luck DM will be offered a job he can’t turn down and the start of the season will be a disaster again
I’m hoping that there will be some good standard players available that have been released
I can’t see Sadlier signing even if he is keeping in touch with DM

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 03, 2020, 08:05:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
Is it worth recapping what we have got, at this stage. Apparently, we have 12 signed on contracts:

First team squad

Lawlor
Usual back 4
Whiteman
Gomez
Taylor
Okenabirhie

Others:

Greaves
Horton
Hasani

Offered terms:

Copps
Blair

Jones
Amos

So, a possible 11 first team squad players, as we know them, plus Amos (if he signs).
The others have had very few appearances, if any, between them.

It’s a base, but there is quite a lot of work to do to get us back ‘competitive’ again. Comments, from GB lately, lead us to think we are going to see a few loanees this coming season, similar to previous ones. Ultimately, imho, these lads, whoever they are, will make or break our season. I hope/would like to see 3 or 4 permanents join us this summer, including the likes of Lokilo and (fingers crossed) Flanagan, both ex Palace.

Who knows how it will all pan out in the end, though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2020, 08:08:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anything that does happen is a bonus and I hope DM is not put under undue pressure with repetitive questions from fans via the press and the press themselves.

We should know by now he is a man of integrity and when he says 'You'll be the first to know" when contracts are signed, then we should allow him to get on with it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2020, 08:15:36 pm by dknward2 »
Half decent base to start with add a good mix of experience and youth plus the odd loan player that we maybe able to sign in the future.

The best thing would be to keep all players we have plus the ones offered new terms and we must keep hold of Darren Moore

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 03, 2020, 08:18:08 pm by godlike1 »
I think we need to offer those with just one year left an extension now as well, need to be building for a few years and not just year on year.

Where did this news come from?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 03, 2020, 08:44:28 pm by karldew »
I’ll guess Lokilo is the first signing

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 03, 2020, 08:49:52 pm by Alan Southstand »
DFP article, today:

Rovers currently have only 12 contracted players for the 2020/21 campaign, though have offered four renewals which are currently being discussed with those involved.
Moore’s initial focus was on those contract talks but he told the Free Press that his attention will now firmly be on adding players to his squad.
“All we have tried to do so far is try to get those new contracts sorted as quickly as possible,” he said.

Once they are sorted, we then move onto the next stage and looking at the possibility of bringing in new faces and what clubs we can speak to in the loan market.
“We can go on from there and build from there.

“Now it’s about looking at the prospects of what is available out there.”
The rumour mill has already begun generating speculation about potential targets for Rovers but Moore insists there has been no contact made with any players at this stage.

Rovers’ talent identification manager Adam Henshall was brought off furlough this week in order to begin the hunt for signings alongside Moore.
“There’s going to be loads of interest in lots of players and there’s going to be speculation,” Moore said.

“I can say now there has been nothing of any sort that I’ve spoken about at the moment. Anything additional will be discussed towards the end of this week and into next week definitely.

“That’s the next port of call. It’s a competitive market of players out there.
“There’s plenty to do, plenty to see, plenty of discussions to be had between myself, Adam and Gavin [Baldwin, CEO].

“It’s a transfer market that is going to be out there that is very different than normal. There’s going to be real opportunities for clubs to get their young players out on loan and there’s going to be a lot of experienced players out there.

“It’s going to be a different transfer market and one that is going to take every bit of experience in identifying the right people to come in.”

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 03, 2020, 09:25:11 pm by since-1969 »
No one wants to play for NOTHING because that’s what we’ll be offering So Dream on Gavin !!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 03, 2020, 09:30:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No one wants to play for NOTHING because that’s what we’ll be offering So Dream on Gavin !!

So what are you suggesting?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 03, 2020, 09:38:43 pm by bobbymax »
What twaddle! We'll be in the same situation as many and better placed than most to attract players.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 03, 2020, 09:51:01 pm by since-1969 »
Ok ..  if the budget was £2.5m or £3.5m say with support from the board what will it be with NO income ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 03, 2020, 09:58:48 pm by roversdude »
Spouting your usual budgetary drivel imho

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 03, 2020, 10:49:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ok ..  if the budget was £2.5m or £3.5m say with support from the board what will it be with NO income ?

We have income from Club Doncaster.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 04, 2020, 09:28:32 am by IDM »
There’s ifollow revenue too if we play behind closed doors..  ST revenue (free access to ifollow streaming would be a must) as well.

And what since 69 seems to forget, all clubs will be in the same situation apart from the handful of so-called bigger teams.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 04, 2020, 10:16:32 am by BradwellRover »
We’ll also have:
* advertising revenues (albeit probably reduced)
* prize money relating to finishing place in the league in 19/20

We will also have match day revenues at some point...I hope.  Plus, potentially player sales (we might need to) and cup income.

What’s clear is that the budget will be under pressure, but no one knows how much (until this plays out).  Like most businesses now we will have a number of scenarios, with a maximum subsidy commitment from the owners built in. To me, it's surviving thats important, and what division we end up in is secondary, as I expect a major reorganisation of the leagues anyway after several clubs ceasing.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 04, 2020, 10:33:44 am by Chris Black come back »
Solidarity payment (EPL guilt money) is a decent chunk as well I seem to remember.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 04, 2020, 10:51:32 am by aidanstu »
For me; and it’s easy for me to say; but an investor would always say invest during a slump. Play our cards right here we could really build something far better than what we have had and at a fraction of the cost.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 04, 2020, 11:22:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Well you said NOTHING. Is that fact or fiction?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 04, 2020, 08:01:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Solidarity payment (EPL guilt money) is a decent chunk as well I seem to remember.
Last week in front of a commons select committee the representative of  the EPL when asked a question from an MP about why they had not helped EFL financially when a number of Clubs could fold. His reply was they had never been asked by the EFL to help. When questioned again he insisted the EFL had never asked the EPL for help.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012