Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:48:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Recruitment to start next week  (Read 18979 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Recruitment to start next week
« Reply #60 on July 07, 2020, 04:50:58 pm by IDM »
Clearly not, otherwise it would have been on DROS and in the DFP etc..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 07, 2020, 04:57:34 pm by drfchound »
Mmmmm, so does that mean that technically they aren’t our players then.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 07, 2020, 05:12:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Mmmmm, so does that mean that technically they aren’t our players then.
Well if they are on furlough and haven’t signed then they won’t be getting paid this month presumably.
Sure they will be signing any time soon.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 07, 2020, 05:26:24 pm by IDM »
I thought that even where contracts ended on 30 June there was a payment in July to tide players over.?

But yes, if the contracts have expired then in theory they won’t be our players until they sign new ones.?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 07, 2020, 09:12:49 pm by since-1969 »
There’s ifollow revenue too if we play behind closed doors..  ST revenue (free access to ifollow streaming would be a must) as well.

And what since 69 seems to forget, all clubs will be in the same situation apart from the handful of so-called bigger teams.
YES all clubs are in the same boat but some clubs see opportunities where others see only doom and gloom. Some clubs will prepare for their stadiums for supporters to watch by offering practical solutions. Others want hand outs and gifts of cash from bottomless pits . I’ve yet to hear that football isn’t viable only that it will need time before it returns to normal . If players and clubs aren’t to just disappear off the planet then it’s the duty of every club to examine its own situation and circumstances and work with what it has . DRFC have stated they will fight on but will require supporters to dig deep in the short term with a promise to continue investing when supporters are back in our seats .

Do you have any examples of those clubs who have seen opportunities? Or ones with practical solutions?
There will those who see and those who can not , as there are those who prepare and do not ! Only time will show who is who ! Yoda !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 09, 2020, 05:32:00 pm by roversdude »
Talk that Scotland May have grounds open for the start of their new season

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 09, 2020, 05:42:55 pm by silent majority »
As I've stated elsewhere, the SGSA will be in control of whether supporters will be allowed back into stadiums at the start of next season. So far the figure being bandied around is that an initial allocation will be 30% of capacity.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 09, 2020, 08:26:17 pm by dknward2 »
As I've stated elsewhere, the SGSA will be in control of whether supporters will be allowed back into stadiums at the start of next season. So far the figure being bandied around is that an initial allocation will be 30% of capacity.

Think that would be ok for our season ticket holders approx 4500 maximum

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 09, 2020, 09:48:45 pm by RoversAlias »
As long as ST holders get some form of discount on being able to watch live on iFollow, which I think would be reasonable, I'd have no problem making my spot available for someone else to attend live if there is a certain amount allowed in.

I just can't see myself feeling comfortable with sharing the space in an enclosed football stadium by the time next season starts.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 09, 2020, 10:21:36 pm by Alan Southstand »
Can’t see there being any away fans allowed next season.

4,500 is way below our ‘normal’ break even figure, but with all the upheaval and job losses, who knows what the new normal break even figure will be. In a stadium built for over 15000 people, 4,500 does seem very low.

I think that will probably be the lowest, or worst case, figure. The reality may well end up a little higher than that.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 10, 2020, 08:38:08 am by northern soul »
As long as ST holders get some form of discount on being able to watch live on iFollow, which I think would be reasonable, I'd have no problem making my spot available for someone else to attend live if there is a certain amount allowed in.

I just can't see myself feeling comfortable with sharing the space in an enclosed football stadium by the time next season starts.

I'm in this boat too. I go to games with my old man, who been shielding, and I'd prefer for him to not take a risk unnecessarily. Online would allow us to watch but remain safe.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 10, 2020, 09:07:03 am by silent majority »

I'm in this boat too. I go to games with my old man, who been shielding, and I'd prefer for him to not take a risk unnecessarily. Online would allow us to watch but remain safe.

I would suggest that IFollow will be available as a minimum, it's been a part of EFL discussions from day one.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 10, 2020, 09:11:18 am by phil old leake »
So DM says things will start to happen. This week coming
Fingers crossed

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 10, 2020, 09:22:15 am by Metalmicky »
If no away fans are permitted then that would mean Rovers fans could use all areas in the ground and effectively spread the fan base over a wider area.  Rather than trying to fit say 6000-7500 'home' fans into 12000 seats - I don't know the exactly figures...; could we fit 3000 to 5000 'home' fans into into 15000 seats?

This would distribute fans to a wider seating area and lessen the Covid impact and risk to fans/stewards etc.  If you added the requirement for all attendees to wear face masks, distancing whilst entering/exiting the ground and applied sensible pathways through the stadium and within the catering & toilet areas, it could be feasible to have a reasonable amount of fans inside the stadium...  It just needs people to be sensible, responsible and to adhere to the rules............. which might be where the plan might fail..... :ermm: 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 09:24:22 am by Metalmicky »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 10, 2020, 11:23:49 am by roversdude »
I’m all for it the only problem I foresee is the numpties in front of me who have the whole row stood up to let them in and out 3 or 4 times per half

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 10, 2020, 02:18:26 pm by CottyRover »
I’m all for it the only problem I foresee is the numpties in front of me who have the whole row stood up to let them in and out 3 or 4 times per half

Not much social distancing when that happens  :lol:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 10, 2020, 02:43:45 pm by selby »
  RA, does that mean that you would notify the club beforehand that you would not be attending in person to allow them to sell that seat if there was a demand? while you could watch on line for free.
  If so I think it is a good idea, and a magnanimous gesture to the club making it possible for the club to generate income from that same seat, without you missing out watching your team too much.
  As a regular away attendee I would be very interested in an away game season ticket on ifollow if away travel is banned, and possibly if there was a big enough take up could generate more income for the club than the percentage they receive for selling away tickets to fans.
  The only adverse repercussion would be the team playing in an entirely hostile environment, although I expect it to be so all next season with away supporters not allowed to attend.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 10, 2020, 02:51:42 pm by roversdude »
There have got to be ways to get fans (safely) back.
I know there is a thread on redundancies which are never good, however I’ve often thought that turnstile operators were not needed - tickets or membership cards merely scanned thus cutting down on one area of social distancing

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 10, 2020, 02:53:53 pm by RoversAlias »
Aye Selby that's right, I have a ST for next season that I won't be asking for a refund on so if there is something in place and my seat can go to someone else for those games where I'm not comfortable attending then I'd like to facilitate that happening.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on July 10, 2020, 04:07:39 pm by scawsby steve »
So we can all forget about wanting Barnsley, Hull, and Huddersfield to come down for 6 great derby games next season.

Without away fans, there'll be no such thing as a derby game. The games against the above mentioned teams will have no more meaning than those against all the other teams.

Let's stop deluding ourselves. Next season's going to be a non-event; that is if there is a season.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 10, 2020, 04:13:10 pm by roversdude »
I think we may start off without (at least away) fans but introduce more as the season goes on

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 10, 2020, 04:32:13 pm by scawsby steve »
I think we may start off without (at least away) fans but introduce more as the season goes on

Good point Dude, but the lack of, or reduction of, fans in the stadiums, could seriously damage the revenue streams of a lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs.

Unless this virus f*cks off, I just can't see a full season of fixtures being completed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 10, 2020, 04:41:26 pm by selby »
  Steve, I would hope that all those fixtures (if they come to fruition) would be arranged for the back end of any season to give the clubs  at least a chance of more revenue even if they are arranged for successive games at home and away.
   But any chance of a crowd at matches has to be explored, and with outside theatres being given the go ahead, then we have a chance of seeing any repercussions with attendances at open air venues.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on July 13, 2020, 02:43:39 pm by phil old leake »
3rd of July recruitment starts next week.  Maybe I’ve missed the reports of players that have signed

Could this be same old same old

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 13, 2020, 02:53:55 pm by drfchound »
I reckon that the announcement of Copps re signing will be the best news.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 13, 2020, 02:55:12 pm by IDM »
3rd of July recruitment starts next week.  Maybe I’ve missed the reports of players that have signed

What do you think “recruitment” starting actually means.?

Do you think it means announcement of actual signings, or the start of the formal process of talking with the staff involved with recruitment and with potential signings’ agents.?

I suggest the latter. 

There can’t be “same old”’ this close season as this is a close season like no other.

I suppose there has to be someone who starts the “where’s the signings yet” discussion.

We will have to be patient, and trust in DM.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 13, 2020, 03:12:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Do you think it means announcement of actual signings, or the start of the formal process of talking with the staff involved with recruitment and with potential signings’ agents.?

I suggest the latter. 

There can’t be “same old”’ this close season as this is a close season like no other.

I suppose there has to be someone who starts the “where’s the signings yet” discussion.

That’s all well and good but have we got a pen yet?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on July 13, 2020, 03:29:51 pm by wilts rover »

I suggest the latter. 

That’s all well and good but have we got a pen yet?

Nah mate. New covid restrictions - its all contactless now...

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on July 13, 2020, 04:00:03 pm by Cameron Rowe »
Recruitment starts means we'll be talking to players and trying to make up the best contract package we can offer. Wouldn't surprise if we don't announce any signings this month.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 13, 2020, 04:18:08 pm by BradwellRover »
Bloody rubbish...sack Darren, sack Gavin, sack the Board, sack the fans...no ambition at all!!!

Seriously though, 7 signings in the whole division so far, excluding youngsters and loan returns, with only Coventry (that beacon of financial and owner stability) really paying fees. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2020&s_w=&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Almost every club is trying to work out how to survive, so hardly surprising that signings aren’t being made.

Patience...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012