Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Recruitment to start next week  (Read 19103 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Re: Recruitment to start next week
« Reply #90 on July 13, 2020, 04:32:22 pm by donny dave »
I would take Armand Gnanduillet on a free 28 y o.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 13, 2020, 05:09:21 pm by redarmy82 »
Bloody rubbish...sack Darren, sack Gavin, sack the Board, sack the fans...no ambition at all!!!

Seriously though, 7 signings in the whole division so far, excluding youngsters and loan returns, with only Coventry (that beacon of financial and owner stability) really paying fees. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2020&s_w=&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

Almost every club is trying to work out how to survive, so hardly surprising that signings aren’t being made.

Patience...

Astounding that Coventry have just shelled out nearly £1.5million on one player. They don't even have a stadium FFS.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 13, 2020, 05:09:33 pm by Al4475 »
Me too - always liked him against rovers

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 13, 2020, 05:35:50 pm by BradwellRover »

Always looked good against us, but his overall goal record isn’t great until this season (19/20 - 1 goal every 2 games).  I’d be in favour though...and we’d certainly have the hardest to spell frontline in history with him and Feyi! (-:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 13, 2020, 05:38:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Always looked good against us, but his overall goal record isn’t great until this season (19/20 - 1 goal every 2 games).  I’d be in favour though...and we’d certainly have the hardest to spell frontline in history with him and Feyi! (-:
Gand & Feyi. Keep it simple.  :)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 13, 2020, 06:02:19 pm by eastender »

He didn't look good against us when he missed 3 sitters for Chesterfield a few years back in Our 3-2 win at the Keepmoat.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 13, 2020, 06:14:14 pm by BradwellRover »
You have a better memory than me Eastender!

Perhaps I should have specified whilst playing for Blackpool.  :)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 13, 2020, 07:01:32 pm by Chris Black come back »

His record ain’t great but he was off to Derby in January but it didn’t happen. He is out of contract so will be picked up by someone in Championship. He is out of our league, however modest his goal return.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 13, 2020, 07:58:34 pm by drfchound »
Chris Brown wasn’t a prolific scorer but I would have always had him in my team.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 13, 2020, 08:09:08 pm by Alan Southstand »
He’d be a handful at our level. I’m not sure DM would want him but he presents us with a ‘plan B’ if we were to get him. As for being out of our league; he was at Blackpool, not Blackburn!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on July 13, 2020, 10:06:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Why have Blackpool released him. There will be a reason.
Is it a football decision or a financial one?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 13, 2020, 10:09:04 pm by drfchound »
He might have just let his contract run down, his own decision.

Edit.. just checked,  it is his own decision.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:11:58 pm by drfchound »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 13, 2020, 10:14:10 pm by Campsall rover »

Thanks hound. He must be confident of getting a new club in at least league 1 or he has already been tapped up by someone.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 13, 2020, 10:15:53 pm by drfchound »
He has just had the best season of his career, a goal every other game.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 13, 2020, 10:28:32 pm by RoversAlias »
It will be like Sadlier with us, he's after a new challenge at a club with loftier ambitions than Blackpool.

I touted him as a suggested signing for us last summer, and he's had such a good season he's probably out of our reach now - although I'm happy with Okenabirhie anyway as our #9.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 13, 2020, 10:48:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
Agreed Alias, but, as you well know, we need more than one striker! (Injuries/suspensions, etc).

I’m guessing here, but I would imagine that we may well look for a loan player to compete for the striker berth. It will depend on finances, terms, etc.

I see someone like Fleetwood moving in for him, after all, they’re just down the road!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 13, 2020, 11:04:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Thanks hound. He must be confident of getting a new club in at least league 1 or he has already been tapped up by someone.

Cardiff were interested.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 13, 2020, 11:30:38 pm by Jonathan »
It’s hard to know where to place expectation this summer. We’ve continued to reduce the wage bill but, in all honesty, that’s very much necessary in these circumstances. As a fan, normally there’s the sense of excitement at the prospect of making new signings and seeing them in action, but even that doesn’t really feel like it’s there at the moment as it’s hard to know when we’ll be able to get to a game. That makes it so difficult for the club not knowing where its income streams are going to come back, or how quickly they’ll return (allowing for consumer confidence) even when the gates are opened.

I guess at the moment I’m not expecting or anticipating any influx of new additions. The focus has to be on survival right now and making sure we still have a club to support when we all go back, so the hopes and demands just aren’t the same. I know DM has said in the press that he wants a squad together early, and you can see the logic from a football perspective, but there’s more to think about right now. I’m grateful to the owners for keeping the club going and football itself is secondary.

Realistically, I’d expect Whiteman to be off if we get a decent offer in.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on July 14, 2020, 12:20:18 am by dknward2 »
Just noticed that no one has mentioned that AJ Greaves has got a need contract and Moore hopes he will become part of the midfield

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 14, 2020, 07:24:39 am by Alan Southstand »
He’s not quite there yet, dknward2, but he’s going in the right direction. A combative lad, of that there’s no question, but he has been susceptible to the ‘red mist’ at times and it sees him yellow carded quite often. Ok at u23 level, but not in the first team; he’d soon be found out, wound up and, ultimately, red carded.

Not the tallest, but he’s a grafter all right and he’s deceptively strong, for one so slight. I would think a bench sitter this next season, if everything was back to normal, but who knows?

It’s worth mentioning Hasani as well, at this point. Had a disruptive season due to injuries, but one to watch out for this coming season, especially if he bulks up a bit through the summer. He was getting back to showing the promise when making his debut, under McCann, until the season was cut short. He still has a season left on his contract and he’ll be trying to prove he’s worth keeping (same with young Branden Horton).

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 14, 2020, 07:52:56 am by since-1969 »
I think we may start off without (at least away) fans but introduce more as the season goes on

Good point Dude, but the lack of, or reduction of, fans in the stadiums, could seriously damage the revenue streams of a lot of League 1 and League 2 clubs.

Unless this virus f*cks off, I just can't see a full season of fixtures being completed.
How do you complete a season then ?

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 14, 2020, 11:56:13 am by northern soul »
Next season is gonna be another weird one I suspect. It's prefer us to try to get a young hungry squad, and almost five them a year to bed in together with the aim of promotion the year after.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 27, 2020, 03:10:38 pm by Metalmicky »
According to DM, things will start to happen in earnest from Monday onwards.

Is it today that we can 'officially' sign new players or has the goal posts moved again?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 27, 2020, 03:25:49 pm by IDM »
Why would the goal posts have moved again.?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 27, 2020, 03:29:09 pm by Metalmicky »

Because occasionally things change....?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 27, 2020, 03:47:16 pm by eastender »
DM said he wanted the majority of new recruits reporting for training on the first day back, which i believe is next Monday.
So he had better get that pen out pretty soon.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on July 27, 2020, 04:13:16 pm by IDM »

I think that there will be all kinds of consultation etc behind the scenes leading to the decision on the season start date and the transfer window.  All sorts of other things depend upon those dates, so whilst it is still a struggle to envisage spectators getting back in yet, I really cannot see the dates changing.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 27, 2020, 04:17:42 pm by Metalmicky »

I think that there will be all kinds of consultation etc behind the scenes leading to the decision on the season start date and the transfer window.  All sorts of other things depend upon those dates, so whilst it is still a struggle to envisage spectators getting back in yet, I really cannot see the dates changing.

I greatly appreciate your insight...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 27, 2020, 05:28:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
According to DM, things will start to happen in earnest from Monday onwards.

Is it today that we can 'officially' sign new players or has the goal posts moved again?

Free agents could have been signed for a while now tbf.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 27, 2020, 06:16:22 pm by selby »
  Loved the one a day we used to have with John Ryan. Next week might be like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012