Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:23:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rossington Main  (Read 8347 times)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Rossington Main
« on July 04, 2020, 05:31:24 am by WheatleyRover »
Things seem to be going well over at Rosso at the minute, apart from Jan Butz leaving,
Think they have just spent £2500 on the pitch, have a new sponser and nice new Adidas home and away kit for 20/21, they're even doing merchandise and will have an online shop.
They have a new PA system for the ground from Club Doncaster.
Might get down to Oxford Street a bit more this season.

New kit
https://mobile.twitter.com/OutsideThe92_/status/1271390475367469067

Some Rosso Sliders 😄
https://mobile.twitter.com/RMFC1919/status/1276075300036771840
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 06:08:07 am by WheatleyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Rossington Main
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2020, 03:42:30 pm by roversdude »
I went to the friendly last summer and was blown away by the set up there - seems a great little club

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 06, 2020, 06:19:28 pm by number19 »
They need to get it right on the pitch, I went once last year to see them play Brigg.
Both were quite low in the league but I wasn't much impressed with Rosso, they had a centre half who was more interested in anything but playing football and was pulled off at half time by the manager.
Brigg won 2-0 I think from memory and it was pretty comfortable.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2020, 06:49:57 pm by roversdude »
That friendly that you get pulled off at half time by the manager

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2020, 07:41:49 pm by Draytonian III »
They need to get it right on the pitch, I went once last year to see them play Brigg.
Both were quite low in the league but I wasn't much impressed with Rosso, they had a centre half who was more interested in anything but playing football and was pulled off at half time by the manager.

11 posts in 9 years !!!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2020, 07:44:43 pm by drfchound »
Richie Wellens?

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 07, 2020, 04:17:32 am by WheatleyRover »
I think they get one of the best turn outs in the NCEL Div1

https://mobile.twitter.com/FcRossington/status/1238602731868348416
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 04:26:16 am by WheatleyRover »

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 07, 2020, 11:20:30 am by VivaRovers »
The NCEFL stats page says their average gate is down on last year, but they're still averaging over 100 per game, which is decent for that level these days... and better than they were getting a decade ago.

They'd be worth another visit, number19, as they've a different manager now in Ben Hunter who is a Rossington lad who played in the States for a while.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 07, 2020, 11:34:05 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Mate of mine was playing up top for them last season. Big horrible lump of a striker. 6'4 & probably about 18 stone.

Battering ram.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 07, 2020, 12:18:30 pm by elmsallrover »
Why can't rovers get a kit by Adidas kit

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2020, 03:39:25 am by WheatleyRover »
Mate of mine was playing up top for them last season. Big horrible lump of a striker. 6'4 & probably about 18 stone.

Battering ram.

Foltyn-Brown?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 08, 2020, 09:00:12 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

Battering ram.

Foltyn-Brown?

Yep! His younger brother plays in the middle of the park for them as well. Good little player. He was holding his own with us when he was 8/9 and we were 15/16.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 08, 2020, 10:02:16 am by WheatleyRover »

Battering ram.

Foltyn-Brown?

Yep! His younger brother plays in the middle of the park for them as well. Good little player. He was holding his own with us when he was 8/9 and we were 15/16.

Yeah, Tom was my team leader a few years ago lol, is he not playing for them now then? Noticed it says former player on player profiles

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 08, 2020, 12:12:47 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Battering ram.

Foltyn-Brown?

Yeah, Tom was my team leader a few years ago lol, is he not playing for them now then? Noticed it says former player on player profiles

Ha. I'd say small world but 80% of this forum is probably Doncaster based! Couldn't tell you! I know he was doing well at the start of the season but believe goals may have dropped off. Never usually a case of longer than 1 year deals at that level, are they.

Russell Sheppard

« Reply #14 on July 08, 2020, 02:06:14 pm by Russell Sheppard »
Hi guys. A big Donny mate pointed me in this direction. I’m the photographer/media guy at Rosso.

Great setup at the Main. We have Sky Sports/BT Sports running all day on a match day in the bar. Hot and cold food can be purchased as well as plenty of beer.

Our pitch is like a green carpet one of the best around for our level and levels above.

Hopefully upgrading the floodlights before we hopefully get our season underway in September.

Ben Hunter is our manager. Rosso lad and gaffer of Kixx which Coppinger is a part of now a days.

As well as Denmark’s no 1 Jan Budtz we had Gary McSheffrey come down in pre season with us as well.

We struggled at the start of the season with a young team. But we added experience after Christmas and we’re starting to put some good results together. Ben has blooded a few good kids and we play football in the right way. We have a ex Sheff Utd academy player that is looking promising also.

Tom Foltyn-Brown was banging the goals in at the start of the season. Then struggled and lost his place and transferred to Athersley Rec.
His brother Harry Brown was with us for a short while as well and looked promising but also struggled to hold down a place and transferred to Armthorpe Welfare.

If you’d like anymore info just let me know.

Cheers
Russ

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2020, 02:21:36 pm by VivaRovers »
Hi Russ,

Any chance you could unblock the fanzine twitter account (@vivarovers) so we can follow Rossington Main again. Makes it easier for us to share news about the club with other Rovers fans like we used to.

We were blocked a few years ago when I suggested that whoever was running the twitter account then perhaps shouldn't use it to like racist and sexist third party posts.

Russell Sheppard

« Reply #16 on July 08, 2020, 02:43:58 pm by Russell Sheppard »
Glen? I’ve only been with them for the past two seasons mate.

Yeah no worries though mate.

Russ

number19

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 08, 2020, 03:00:47 pm by number19 »

11 posts in 9 years !!!!

Draytonian - I read the forum most days, but don't often agree with a lot of what's said so don't post much as it shows.

VivaRovers - I will probably head back again, I agree with what's been said. The club house was spot on, we had a couple of beers and being able to walk around the pitch is always great.

I used to do an insta post of each game/local ground I went to, I took a photo at Rosso but never got round to doing a report. I think I ended up a few games behind and then stopped. Anyway here's the photo I took of the team sheet, it was either number 4 or 5 that had a mare.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 08, 2020, 03:14:37 pm by WheatleyRover »
Nice post Russ,
Have the club managed to replace those seats that were damaged by the idiots that broke into the ground?
The mind boggles why someone would do that to there local side.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 08, 2020, 03:44:26 pm by VivaRovers »
Glen? I’ve only been with them for the past two seasons mate.

Yeah no worries though mate.

Russ

Yep. And sorry, I didn't want to give the suggestion that it was you using the RMFC twitter account that way, as I know it wasn't.

Thanks for fixing it an keep up the good work.

Russell Sheppard

« Reply #20 on July 08, 2020, 05:30:51 pm by Russell Sheppard »
No 4 and 5 are both decent players as well to be fair. Daz Winter has played at a good standard before and at the latter end of his footballing career.

I’m not 100% on the seat situation. As I’ve not been down to Oxford Street since the end of May.

We used to have kids breaking into the ground a lot vandalising the managers office and media part. Pretty pointless and causes quite a bit of damage to a club that’s run by a small committee.

Hopefully see Donny at Oxford Street soon for pre season.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 08, 2020, 07:22:29 pm by Draytonian III »
It totally amazes me that local people break into places and vandalise things , they should be held to account by the locals and publicly shown up and made to pay . If they don’t do as instructed their punishment doubles 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 08, 2020, 07:43:40 pm by drfchound »
Legalise the stocks again.

Russell Sheppard

« Reply #23 on July 08, 2020, 10:06:10 pm by Russell Sheppard »
The only thing we could do last time was publish the cctv of the lads that did it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 08, 2020, 10:21:04 pm by drfchound »
Did they get their collars felt?

Russell Sheppard

« Reply #25 on July 09, 2020, 09:05:52 am by Russell Sheppard »
I think a few quiet words were had with them haha.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 09, 2020, 09:30:10 am by drfchound »
Good, I know that can work better than going through official channels.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 09, 2020, 06:19:21 pm by idler »
Words?
I hope that there were a few good punch lines. 😉

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 09, 2020, 07:58:07 pm by drfchound »
Idler, I know someone who used to “have a few words” with lads like the ones that RS is on about.
It always had the desired effect.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 10, 2020, 12:28:15 pm by Al4475 »
Big project on at Thorne colliery fc too - new manager, good set of players, floodlights due to be installed and upgrades to the ground for when they get promoted, potentially a playing budget too - looks like the local Saturday non-league sides could begin to start to thrive a bit more again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012