Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 04:29:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Safe return of spectators  (Read 7730 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Safe return of spectators
« Reply #30 on July 18, 2020, 11:14:13 am by Alan Southstand »
Everyone has to take responsibility for their own behaviour.

Agreed. That’s ok for the majority of us, but some people don’t know what responsibility means! Just go to a supermarket!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 18, 2020, 12:13:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Maybe, but you can't allow that to dictate how you lead your life. They cannot be allowed to win!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 18, 2020, 02:16:37 pm by roversdude »
Add in face coverings and I think it’s doable

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 18, 2020, 03:00:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
Agreed DBR, if life was anything approaching ‘normal’, which it isn’t.....yet. It may well be by the time we have to make the choice whether we risk it, or not!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 18, 2020, 03:01:26 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Common sense isn't it.

I think we're lucky to have a big ground we only really half fill. It'll work in our favour! (If all goes to plan)

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 18, 2020, 06:46:35 pm by Cbrover24 »
If the current situation continues, been one of the lucky ones to have been picked for a reduced price season ticket for next season, would the club be willing to give those people the option to delay there season ticket for next season and carry it forward to the season after, and still pay for next seasons games, ie buy 10 game packages or game by game etc.. this would help the club out this season getting extra revenue into the club, plus because my season ticket for next season has already been paid for, it’s not as if I will miss the money! Now I appreciate that will not be the case for everyone, but it does give those supporters who have already paid for next season the opportunity to put more money in this season and help the club out in these difficult times! Maybe one for SM to ask the board if this is possible or could be looked at! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 18, 2020, 06:51:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I'm not buying one this season. Could be 4 or 5 games gone by at home we're not allowed in for.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 18, 2020, 07:11:38 pm by roversdude »
Everyone has their own set of circumstances and knows what is best for them.
Purchased our season tickets way back in the first week of sale. I’d be happy to go to a game next week providing thought has been given to COVID, if the first few are behind closed doors then the club can just keep the pro rota money. I’m itching to watch us though it has to be said

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 18, 2020, 09:44:16 pm by scawsby steve »
In recent years I've been getting Bronze and DNA memberships, but I've decided to purchase a season ticket next week.

The Rovers need as much money as possible at the moment, and if we have to miss the first few games, so be it.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 19, 2020, 11:56:19 am by sheffield exile1 »
In recent years I've been getting Bronze and DNA memberships, but I've decided to purchase a season ticket next week.

The Rovers need as much money as possible at the moment, and if we have to miss the first few games, so be it.

Are we saying miss games or miss watching at the KM? Not my first preference, but given safety concerns, i would be ok with watching an empty stadium via a free I-Follow link, as part of my ST package.....

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 19, 2020, 01:15:09 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
did anyone see the clips from the Nice v Rangers tie yesterday in France  unless my eyes deceived me i thought i saw about 50 Rangers fans in the stadium -----  maybe they had come from other parts of France who knows

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 19, 2020, 01:47:59 pm by silent majority »

That's exactly right Steve.

I see a lot of people on here discussing signings and how we can assemble a squad good enough for promotion. But our key revenues comes from season tickets, without that money, and the opportunity to plot our way forward, the club don't stand a cat in hells chance of being able to acquire players to match that expectation.

We need a start date confirming, that allows the club to plan to take players off of furlough and into training. If the government are talking about October before fans are allowed to return that means the club start the season with little, or no, revenue.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:17:28 am by silent majority »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 19, 2020, 01:51:41 pm by Retdon1 »

I see a lot of people on here discussing signings and how we can assemble a squad good enough for promotion. But our key revenues comes from season tickets, without that money, and the opportunity to plot our way forward, the club stand a cat in hells chance of being able to acquire players to match that expectation.

We need a start date confirming, that allows the club to plan to take players off of furlough and into training. If the government are talking about October before fans are allowed to return that means the club start the season with little, or no, revenue.

Do the club make a decent margin on money spent in the club shop.... I want to support the club and although don’t usually buy a shirt, I will buy one this season if the club make some money out of it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 19, 2020, 01:53:06 pm by silent majority »
If the current situation continues, been one of the lucky ones to have been picked for a reduced price season ticket for next season, would the club be willing to give those people the option to delay there season ticket for next season and carry it forward to the season after, and still pay for next seasons games, ie buy 10 game packages or game by game etc.. this would help the club out this season getting extra revenue into the club, plus because my season ticket for next season has already been paid for, it’s not as if I will miss the money! Now I appreciate that will not be the case for everyone, but it does give those supporters who have already paid for next season the opportunity to put more money in this season and help the club out in these difficult times! Maybe one for SM to ask the board if this is possible or could be looked at! 🤷🏻‍♂️

So far we've focussed on keeping the revenue in the club that we'd already received, i.e. no refunds on match tickets and season tickets etc.

But we have to turn our attention to next season at some point. Without the revenue that we would normally have at the start of a season we can't plan anything. How can we acquire players and commit to starting the season strongly if no supporters are allowed in the stadium and nobody has bought season tickets?

All suggestions have merit Cbrover24, so thanks for that, I'm sure we'll consider that too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on July 19, 2020, 01:54:46 pm by silent majority »

I see a lot of people on here discussing signings and how we can assemble a squad good enough for promotion. But our key revenues comes from season tickets, without that money, and the opportunity to plot our way forward, the club stand a cat in hells chance of being able to acquire players to match that expectation.

Do the club make a decent margin on money spent in the club shop.... I want to support the club and although don’t usually buy a shirt, I will buy one this season if the club make some money out of it.

I'm not sure to be honest. The club will make some money, no doubt about that, but how much depends on the commercial agreement between them and Elite Pro Sports.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 19, 2020, 07:31:50 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/02/afc-wimbledon-football-club-mini-bond-offers-up-to-4-returns-should-you-invest/

perhaps a waterered down version ??

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 19, 2020, 07:59:06 pm by Metalmicky »

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/02/afc-wimbledon-football-club-mini-bond-offers-up-to-4-returns-should-you-invest/

I asked SM a while ago if a share issue was a possibility but didn't get an answer. If it was available, I would perhaps be interested in investing.....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 20, 2020, 10:15:47 am by silent majority »

I asked SM a while ago if a share issue was a possibility but didn't get an answer. If it was available, I would perhaps be interested in investing.....

Apologies, I didn't see the question.

The short answer is no. Even we stopped buying shares in the club some time ago as our shareholding continued to drop in percentage terms. That's the trouble with rich owners who keep converting their loans into shares!!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 20, 2020, 10:18:52 am by silent majority »

Different ball game I'm afraid. Wimbledon are a fan owned club, we're privately owned.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 20, 2020, 12:53:16 pm by EasyforDennis »
Do you know how many season tickets we have sold for next season? Presumably if we get the go ahead to allow supporters into the ground come October but with a 25% capacity limit that would mean season ticket holders only? I would imagine our capacity would be limited to 3750? If this is the case and we have sold less than this number, should we be pushing fans to get a season ticket to be guaranteed entry?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 20, 2020, 01:12:44 pm by silent majority »
Do you know how many season tickets we have sold for next season? Presumably if we get the go ahead to allow supporters into the ground come October but with a 25% capacity limit that would mean season ticket holders only? I would imagine our capacity would be limited to 3750? If this is the case and we have sold less than this number, should we be pushing fans to get a season ticket to be guaranteed entry?

I don't know the exact number so far, a lot less than normal though.

I'd suggested on here some weeks ago that the best guarantee of seeing DRFC this year would be to buy a ST. The limit on numbers will be down to the local SAG and the club meeting the requirements as laid down in the SGSA guidance document. There is no specific % mentioned in there, but best guess would be 40% as a max. And I think that's being generous too.

I also understand that away fans may have to be accommodated for as well, so that would mean less tickets available for DRFC supporters.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 20, 2020, 01:22:54 pm by Chris Black come back »

Different ball game I'm afraid. Wimbledon are a fan owned club, we're privately owned.

Perhaps that is the medium term aim for Terry / us? Get the club towards some form of self-sustainability in the next several years, then club gets gifted to us to run ourselves, with all debts written off. Nice exit point for Terry. After JR and then Watson/Terry, I think we have exhausted the sympathetic local multimillionaire market so only option is to do it ourselves after their hard work over all these years.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 20, 2020, 02:20:26 pm by steve@dcfd »

I'd suggested on here some weeks ago that the best guarantee of seeing DRFC this year would be to buy a ST. The limit on numbers will be down to the local SAG and the club meeting the requirements as laid down in the SGSA guidance document. There is no specific % mentioned in there, but best guess would be 40% as a max. And I think that's being generous too.

I also understand that away fans may have to be accommodated for as well, so that would mean less tickets available for DRFC supporters.

When fans are allowed back it should be home fans only they could be spread out in all four sides of the ground. Away fans can then be introduced as and when the number of home fans is saturated. Capacity 14000 x 25% = 3500 to start with. Has the percentage is increased then more home fans can be introduced. Season ticket sales will help but has you’ve said before our biggest percentage is the over 60s the group which is higher risk than others. So initially there should be no away fans.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 20, 2020, 02:28:38 pm by EasyforDennis »

When fans are allowed back it should be home fans only they could be spread out in all four sides of the ground. Away fans can then be introduced as and when the number of home fans is saturated. Capacity 14000 x 25% = 3500 to start with. Has the percentage is increased then more home fans can be introduced. Season ticket sales will help but has you’ve said before our biggest percentage is the over 60s the group which is higher risk than others. So initially there should be no away fans.

If we weren't to allow away fans in the ground the capacity could go up as there would be no need for any segregation?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 20, 2020, 03:09:36 pm by silent majority »

Nobody knows just yet Steve, the guidance so far is just a discussion document, which will seek feedback before its finalised.

Each stadium will be different though, its not just x amount of seats and a % of that, but factors such as entry and exit, concourse sizes, number of toilets, etc etc. Once that's been worked out between club and SAG then we'll have to see if we can accommodate any extra fans.

What is a definite though is that there'll be no tickets available on the day. All tickets will be bought in advance and a seating plan adhered to.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 20, 2020, 04:54:33 pm by scawsby steve »
Bought my season ticket today. Suzanne said that quite a lot of season ticket holders have asked for a refund, which is disappointing, but understandable given people's differing circumstances.

We're lucky that we have a 14/15000 capacity all seater stadium in which to work out social distancing. Just think about clubs like Burton. Their capacity is around 9000, and 3 of the sides are standing terracing. I know it's not our problem, but how the hell do they deal with that?

All I'm saying is that we're probably a lot better off than some.

Sorry, I've just checked, and it's 6912, not 9000. That makes it even worse.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:11:21 pm by scawsby steve »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 20, 2020, 05:00:34 pm by drfchound »

I feel sure that it had been reported that our ST sales for next season were the same or better than at the same stage last season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 20, 2020, 05:04:58 pm by scawsby steve »

I feel sure that it had been reported that our ST sales for next season were the same or better than at the same stage last season.

Not according to Suzanne, mate. Unfortunately.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 20, 2020, 05:06:54 pm by drfchound »

Not according to Suzanne, mate. Unfortunately.

I’m not suggesting that it is right Baz, just saying that I thought I had read it somewhere, maybe on here.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 20, 2020, 05:33:43 pm by redarmy82 »
The reduction of fans at games will have a huge knock on effect for future seasons on my opinion.

If we are limited to say 3000, the other 3000-4000 who usually attend will quickly become disousioned and out of the habit of attending (if that isn't the case already).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012