Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:02:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any Good News?  (Read 6893 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Any Good News?
« Reply #60 on August 13, 2020, 04:08:09 pm by Campsall rover »
If DRFC can come out of the debacle that was 1997/98 and 10 seasons later become a mid table Championship club then we can survive the current crisis and come out the other side of this smiling.

There are dozens of clubs in a much worse predicament than DRFC thanks to prudent management of the club over the last 17 years since our return to the football League.

We should all be very proud to be supporters of DRFC. Unquestionably imo one of the best run clubs in the EFL

The future is bright the future is DRFC.

I will make a prediction now. You can all hold me to this one, and come back and laugh at me if you wish and tell me i was deluded in 2020.

If Darren Moore is still our Manager in August 2024 we will be about to embark on a season in the Championship ( probably our 2nd season at that level in his management ) so 2024/25 season, which will see us compete for a top 6 finish.
So NOT saying we WILL finish in top 6 but definitely top 10.

So I am predicting we will get promoted from League 1 in 2022/23 and finish top 17 In the Championship in 2023/24

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 04:21:04 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 13, 2020, 04:12:25 pm by scawsby steve »
If DRFC can come out of the debacle that was 1997/98 and 10 seasons later become a mid table Championship club then we can survive the current crisis and come out the other side of this smiling.
There are dozens of clubs in a mush worse predicament than DRFC thanks to prudent management of the club over the last 17 years since our return to the football League.
We are should all be very proud to be supporters of DRFC. Unquestionably imo one of the best run clubs in the EFL

I will make a prediction now. You can all hold me to this one, and come back and laugh at me if you wish and tell me i was deluded in 2020.

If Darren Moore is still our Manager in August 2024 we will be about to embark on a season in the Championship ( probably our 2nd season at that level in his management ) so 2024/25 season, which will see us compete for a top 6 finish.

So I am predicting we will get promoted from League 1 in 2022/23 and finish top 17 In the Championship in 2023/24

So you're not expecting DM to achieve in the next 2 seasons Campsall?

Personally, I find that a little negative.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 13, 2020, 04:17:04 pm by Campsall rover »
There are dozens of clubs in a mush worse predicament than DRFC thanks to prudent management of the club over the last 17 years since our return to the football League.
We are should all be very proud to be supporters of DRFC. Unquestionably imo one of the best run clubs in the EFL

Sorry to disappoint you Steve. I assume you are saying that with a hint of sarcasm.

I could of course be a bit negative as we might achieve it a year earlier than i said.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 13, 2020, 04:27:29 pm by scawsby steve »

Sorry to disappoint you Steve. I assume you are saying that with a hint of sarcasm.

I could of course be a bit negative as we might achieve it a year earlier than i said.

No sarcasm at all Campsall. Yes, we're badly affected by Covid, but so is every other club in League 1, and many of them are in debt, whereas we aren't. There's also the salary cap to even things up a bit more.

I'm just as grateful as everyone else that we've still got a club to support, but we've nevertheless got to remain positive that we'll be very competitive going forward from here with DM.

Otherwise, what's the point?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 13, 2020, 04:31:06 pm by Campsall rover »

No sarcasm at all Campsall. Yes, we're badly affected by Covid, but so is every other club in League 1, and many of them are in debt, whereas we aren't. There's also the salary cap to even things up a bit more.

I'm just as grateful as everyone else that we've still got a club to support, but we've nevertheless got to remain positive that we'll be very competitive going forward from here with DM.

Otherwise, what's the point?
Exactly. Nobody ever achieved anything with a negative mindset.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 17, 2020, 04:32:48 pm by Alan Southstand »
 I see Ipswich have been busy today, signing 3 and Gillingham have picked up a midfield player from Fleetwood, no less, who Sunderland were after.

The Gills have signed a few in the last few days, I think that makes 5 signed up to now.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 17, 2020, 04:42:03 pm by scawsby steve »
It sounds like we're close to signing Ed Williams and Josef Bursik.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 17, 2020, 06:59:30 pm by Alan Southstand »
Kyle Bennet has been told he’s not in Bristol Rovers squad this season!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 17, 2020, 07:17:20 pm by ravenrover »
Wycombe sign Karl Anthony Uchechukwu Mubiru Ikpeazu to play in Championship!😳
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 07:24:12 pm by ravenrover »

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 17, 2020, 07:18:06 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Where does that 'sound' come from?
I'd be surprised if we signed Williams.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 17, 2020, 07:21:53 pm by Metalmicky »
Stevenage Wycombe sign Karl Anthony Uchechukwu Mubiru Ikpeazu to play in Championship!😳

Fixed...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 17, 2020, 07:22:06 pm by NickDRFC »
Stevenage sign Karl Anthony Uchechukwu Mubiru Ikpeazu to play in Championship!😳

Wycombe? Not really set the SPL alight so cant see him excelling in the Championship. I imagine he’s been brought in to spend 6 months with free weights and then he’ll take the mantle from Akinfenwa.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 17, 2020, 07:23:58 pm by selby »
  I would rather sign MJ Williams.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on August 17, 2020, 07:25:12 pm by ravenrover »
thanks people now corrected 😳

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 17, 2020, 08:25:44 pm by scawsby steve »

Where does that 'sound' come from?
I'd be surprised if we signed Williams.

It was in Newsnow yesterday, from a rag called "Gloustershire Live".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012