Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:00:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Taking a knee  (Read 9051 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Taking a knee
« on August 01, 2020, 12:37:41 pm by EasyforDennis »
Just watching the start of the Scottish Premier League. How long is the taking a knee going to continue?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Taking a knee
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2020, 12:43:19 pm by selby »
Till they get a crowd back at Leeds and Millwall.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2020, 01:12:58 pm by IDM »
Till they get a crowd back at Leeds and Millwall.

Meaning what exactly.?

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2020, 02:00:37 pm by mjg »
I will take one knee for the queen and the wife and nothing else

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2020, 02:49:02 pm by IDM »
Kneel for the Queen.?  Are you expecting to be knighted.?  Otherwise that’s a ridiculous thing to say.

If you’re in the forces you stand to attention and/or salute.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2020, 02:56:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
For as long as people feel the need to do it?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2020, 02:57:16 pm by scunny rover »
Not as ridiculous as kneeling for blm

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2020, 02:59:46 pm by IDM »

Explain.?

Kneeling for BLM is a done thing, whether you agree with it or not..  kneeling for the Queen isn’t.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2020, 03:02:32 pm by scunny rover »
oh dear haha

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2020, 03:03:16 pm by Magicman »

Explain.?

Kneeling for BLM is a done thing, whether you agree with it or not..  kneeling for the Queen isn’t.
its not the taking to a knee that bothered me it's the one black glove salute that gets to me

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 01, 2020, 03:06:44 pm by scunny rover »
After taking the oath to serve my queen and Country I would take the knee for the queen if its a done thing or not , and will never take the knee for blm or any other such organisation

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 01, 2020, 03:12:10 pm by IDM »
If you have served Queen and country then you know how paying of respect is done.  It isn’t by kneeling.

By implying it is, in a counter argument to taking a knee for BLM, then that makes me question your motives..

I’m anti racist but I am not on the public eye so there is no need for me to take a knee to send out a message.

But these counter arguments, like “white lives matter”, are disturbing.

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 01, 2020, 03:12:45 pm by Magicman »
After taking the oath to serve my queen and Country I would take the knee for the queen if its a done thing or not , and will never take the knee for blm or any other such organisation
and you have the right to do what you want it is or was a free country

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 01, 2020, 03:15:26 pm by Magicman »
If you have served Queen and country then you know how paying of respect is done.  It isn’t by kneeling.

By implying it is, in a counter argument to taking a knee for BLM, then that makes me question your motives..

I’m anti racist but I am not on the public eye so there is no need for me to take a knee to send out a message.

so in reality IDM saying all lives matter bothers you

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 01, 2020, 03:16:09 pm by IDM »
and you have the right to do what you want it is or was a free country

Her Majesty’s forced have protocols and traditions for the paying of compliments to superiors and ultimately to the Sovereign.  Service men and women are not free to vary those practices.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 01, 2020, 03:18:17 pm by IDM »

so in reality IDM saying all lives matter bothers you

In the context of it being said to counter BLM then yes.

Anyway, unless the mods want to move this to off topic, I’m out. 

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 01, 2020, 03:21:36 pm by scunny rover »
Never said I had knelt for the queen ,I said I would  kneel for the queen rather than blm  if it was the done thing or not .
Yes I do know how to pay my respects not just Google it like yourself

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 01, 2020, 03:22:50 pm by scunny rover »
yes I'm off aswell bye

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 01, 2020, 03:25:38 pm by IDM »
Never said I had knelt for the queen ,I said I would  kneel for the queen rather than blm  if it was the done thing or not .
Yes I do know how to pay my respects not just Google it like yourself

I said I was out but I will respond to this.  You know nothing of my background so assuming I googled it makes my piss boil.  I’ve done my time, in service.  Where and when etc is none of your business but I do know what I was talking about.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 01, 2020, 03:29:10 pm by scunny rover »
And you still can't take banter
Bye google

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 01, 2020, 03:42:38 pm by wilts rover »

#blacklivesdontmatter

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 01, 2020, 03:48:41 pm by scunny rover »
Here we go ,,,,,
And that means

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 01, 2020, 03:48:48 pm by IDM »
And you still can't take banter
Bye google

Just shy of 20 years service doesn’t equal google.

Your “banter” is hiding borderline racism.  Banter my arse. You’d use that as a defence in your orderly room would you.?

If you’re still in the forces, concentrate on doing what you’re good at, and be the best you can.  Sometimes our private thoughts and views are best kept like that.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 01, 2020, 03:54:02 pm by scunny rover »
why border line racism????
I've not mention colour  ,I've just said i won't kneel for blm or any such organisation .
Who ever puts a colour in front of lives matter is a racist in my opinion

Magicman

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 01, 2020, 04:26:03 pm by Magicman »
IDM it is only against BLM if you say white lives matter, but if you are saying ALL lives matter then it is not and as I said earlier the only thing I have against the whole matter is the wearing of a black glove and the one arm fist salute

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 01, 2020, 04:47:14 pm by MachoMadness »
There's a lot of misunderstanding about what taking the knee means. It doesn't mean you're kneeling, like you kneel for the Queen. It's about showing solidarity with the civil rights movement because kneeling has been part of three major civil rights incidents over the decades.

1. MLK kneeling in prayer after hundreds of peaceful demonstators, who were out trying to get black people registered to vote, were arrested. It's a very famous image, give it a Google and I bet you'll have seen it before.
2. Colin Kaepernick, NFL player, who knelt on the field in protest when the American national anthem was played before a game. This was a huge deal in the states and has basically ended his football career.
3. George Floyd being murdered by a cop kneeling on his neck for nearly 9 minutes.

So, for one reason or another, kneeling is now synonymous with civil rights. THAT is what it's about. If you choose to get the arse on about that, it says a lot about you, frankly.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 01, 2020, 04:58:22 pm by scunny rover »
My problem is not with civil rights movement (which I have researched).its with taking the knee for the blm organisation  which I my opinion are very dangerous  with little to do with civil rights and again this is just my opinion.
Ps you don't take the knee for the queen as a certain person will no doubt  tell you lol

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 01, 2020, 05:22:54 pm by wilts rover »
I've not mention colour  ,I've just said i won't kneel for blm or any such organisation .

The people kneeling for BLM are not kneeling for an organisation. They are kneeling in support of a movement for political change.

There is an organisation BLM (who have organised many of the actual protests) but taking the knee does not equate to support for them. Just like going to a football match - you can wear a replica shirt or not wear a replica shirt - you are still supporting the team.

I doubt that you are a racist but I have noticed that it is the racists who don't like a colour being put in front of lives matter. Not a team you would wish to support I suggest.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 01, 2020, 06:11:03 pm by EasyforDennis »
 Sorry for causing such an argument between one and other guys. For what it's worth my opinion is: The point has been made and maybe now is the time to stop the knee bending before every game.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 01, 2020, 06:23:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

It's not hard Scunny. There's no need to talk about white lives mattering because society is set up in a way that white lives DO matter. The point is that black.people  HAVE been systematically discriminated against for decades and centuries. Which is why the "black" in BLM matters.

Using the All Lives Matter meme, deliberately or not, waters down that message.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012