Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:03:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New signing to be announced  (Read 3746 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: New signing to be announced
« Reply #30 on August 02, 2020, 04:24:10 pm by Jonathan »
A one year deal is right for a player like this. He's unproven but has promise, and in these Covid times it wouldn't be sensible to hand out two year deals to players with 20 minutes of League One football under their belt.

I'm happy with it.

Happy with the addition, but I do think one year deals are a little short sighted for our ‘permanent’ acquisitions. While he’s light on league experience, we’ve had a good look at him and we know what we’re getting. Bearing in mind we’re likely to go heavy on loan deals again, this doesn’t give us a great deal of continuity beyond the current campaign which is surely the club’s aim notwithstanding the current financial climate.

If he does as well as we hope then he’ll be in a position to command more money and / or sign elsewhere.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 02, 2020, 04:35:12 pm by roversdude »
Pleased with this well done everyone at Rovers

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 02, 2020, 04:53:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
A one year deal is right for a player like this. He's unproven but has promise, and in these Covid times it wouldn't be sensible to hand out two year deals to players with 20 minutes of League One football under their belt.

I'm happy with it.

Happy with the addition, but I do think one year deals are a little short sighted for our ‘permanent’ acquisitions. While he’s light on league experience, we’ve had a good look at him and we know what we’re getting. Bearing in mind we’re likely to go heavy on loan deals again, this doesn’t give us a great deal of continuity beyond the current campaign which is surely the club’s aim notwithstanding the current financial climate.

If he does as well as we hope then he’ll be in a position to command more money and / or sign elsewhere.

I think any club in League One and below handing out multiyear contracts in the current financial climate needs their head checking. I will be surprised if we sign anyone new on more than a 12 month deal.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 02, 2020, 07:39:09 pm by dknward2 »
If he does well up till January then we can start negotiations to extend for say another year at least

TinyPortal © 2005-2012