Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:19:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: National League Play-off Final  (Read 4700 times)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: National League Play-off Final
« Reply #30 on August 02, 2020, 09:10:28 pm by EasyforDennis »
They will have to rip up their 4g pitch

Sure I read somewhere that they will play somewhere else if promoted?
That’s news to me. Don’t know where you heard that. Don’t think so. Why should they. Just need to change the pitch. Other ground development plans are in place also.

I think they may have to play some of their early games away from their own ground until the new pitch is laid and some other changes made.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 02, 2020, 09:13:59 pm by TheFunk »
Diggers are booked for tomorrow morning according to the Town season ticket holder in Knaresborough this afternoon. How they'll survive without the income from the 3g pitch they don't know with the way things are.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 02, 2020, 10:20:23 pm by karldew »
They will have to rip up their 4g pitch

Sure I read somewhere that they will play somewhere else if promoted?
That’s news to me. Don’t know where you heard that. Don’t think so. Why should they. Just need to change the pitch. Other ground development plans are in place also.

I think they may have to play some of their early games away from their own ground until the new pitch is laid and some other changes made.

Harrogate chairman Irving Weaver stated in his programme notes ahead of Saturday's play-off semi-final against Boreham Wood: 'If we were promoted on August 2 we have a promotion-triggered contract to replace the 3G pitch with grass and a pre-requisite is that we have to have commenced work by August 4.

'It will take 10 weeks for the pitch to be ready and we have an agreement in principle with the EFL that we are able to groundshare for the first few matches.’

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 02, 2020, 10:34:42 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Well done Harrogate Town. I'll never hear the last of it from Harrogate Rover at the Keepmoat when we return.........That's providing he doesn't do a runner and turns his back on us in favour of the league newcomers!

I doubt it somehow though, he's Rovers mad!

Doncaster Rovers are my first and only true love. They put me through so much but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Harrogate Town are my less stressful 'bit on the side'.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 02, 2020, 11:52:21 pm by VivaRovers »
Wonder if their planned groundshare is at the Keepmoat? They've played home games there in the past.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 03, 2020, 07:08:59 am by Harrogate Rover »
Wonder if their planned groundshare is at the Keepmoat? They've played home games there in the past.

Funnily enough my lad works with someone 'in the know' at Town, and he'd heard that the Keepmoat had been muted as somewhere to play their first few league games should they be promoted. Valley Parade is probably the nearest EFL ground to Harrogate but Doncaster is just as quick and easy to get too. Plus I believe Irving Weaver is an acquaintance of Terry Bramhalls.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 03, 2020, 08:21:16 am by drfchound »
Well done Harrogate Town. I'll never hear the last of it from Harrogate Rover at the Keepmoat when we return.........That's providing he doesn't do a runner and turns his back on us in favour of the league newcomers!

I doubt it somehow though, he's Rovers mad!

Doncaster Rovers are my first and only true love. They put me through so much but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Harrogate Town are my less stressful 'bit on the side'.

Might not be less stressful if you get caught visiting them though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 03, 2020, 08:28:52 am by drfchound »

Funnily enough my lad works with someone 'in the know' at Town, and he'd heard that the Keepmoat had been muted as somewhere to play their first few league games should they be promoted. Valley Parade is probably the nearest EFL ground to Harrogate but Doncaster is just as quick and easy to get too. Plus I believe Irving Weaver is an acquaintance of Terry Bramhalls.

Perhaps Cub Doncaster could get some income if Harrogate were to play matches at the KM.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 03, 2020, 09:47:01 am by dknward2 »
Could also make an arrangement for rovers season ticket holders to get in even if it is only for a month or two just using the spare vouchers in the back

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 03, 2020, 01:22:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Hope they do play at Keepmoat, saves me the Journey to Harrogate.

Only when Rovers have no game or Gillingham away. ( not going there again )

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 03, 2020, 03:10:26 pm by scawsby steve »
Are you all forgetting? There won't be any crowds at the Keepmoat for the first 3 weeks of the season at least, and September 12th is still nearly 6 weeks away.

I don't think any of us will be seeing Harrogate play at the Keepmoat.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 03, 2020, 03:26:37 pm by Branton Rover »
Massive congratulations to Harrogate;

I might be a bit of a killjoy- but shouldn’t there be a minimum requirement of ground capacity to be allowed into the football league - remember when John Ryan had to pay the conference to accept Belle Vue into the Conference with a capacity of over 10,000 Just  seems a bit back to front

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 03, 2020, 05:04:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Confirmed. They'll be at KM for first 3 matches.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 03, 2020, 06:11:22 pm by IDM »
Massive congratulations to Harrogate;

I might be a bit of a killjoy- but shouldn’t there be a minimum requirement of ground capacity to be allowed into the football league - remember when John Ryan had to pay the conference to accept Belle Vue into the Conference with a capacity of over 10,000 Just  seems a bit back to front
There will be a minimum criteria and not just capacity - it won’t be 10k as there are plenty below that figure.

I’m sure Harrogate will know what they need to do and will have had to submit plans to the EFL in good time - such as relaying the pitch..

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 03, 2020, 07:07:01 pm by VivaRovers »
Capacity criteria for the Football League is 4,000, with a minimum of 500 covered seats on entry, and plans in place to make that 1,000

There are loads of other aspects too ranging from media facilities to size of changing rooms, and quality of floodlights, but the above is the basics on capacity.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 03, 2020, 07:18:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
That’s brilliant stuff.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 03, 2020, 07:58:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Capacity criteria for the Football League is 4,000, with a minimum of 500 covered seats on entry, and plans in place to make that 1,000

There are loads of other aspects too ranging from media facilities to size of changing rooms, and quality of floodlights, but the above is the basics on capacity.

Didn't it use to be 6,000 capacity required?

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 04, 2020, 09:26:54 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Since Irving Weaver took over around 9 years ago they have made steady ground improvements, but they've really stepped it up in the last couple of seasons as the dream of becoming a National League, never mind Football League, club became a reality. The required capacity for a Football League ground is around 5,000 which they now have, including 1,000 seats, and all four sides are now covered. Going full time three years ago has also made a difference, 10 players in the Play off squad where part of the Conference North squad and I don't think any of them will look out of place in League 2. They have a tremendous spirit and are incredibly fit and I reckon they'll do OK next season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 05, 2020, 03:04:51 pm by scawsby steve »
Since Irving Weaver took over around 9 years ago they have made steady ground improvements, but they've really stepped it up in the last couple of seasons as the dream of becoming a National League, never mind Football League, club became a reality. The required capacity for a Football League ground is around 5,000 which they now have, including 1,000 seats, and all four sides are now covered. Going full time three years ago has also made a difference, 10 players in the Play off squad where part of the Conference North squad and I don't think any of them will look out of place in League 2. They have a tremendous spirit and are incredibly fit and I reckon they'll do OK next season.

The required capacity can't be around 5000, as Barrow's ground holds only 4000. Unless of course they intend to increase it, but I've not heard of any plans to do so.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 05, 2020, 05:11:00 pm by VivaRovers »
If only someone could answer the question about capacity requirements for the Football League.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 06, 2020, 10:02:44 am by VivaRovers »
Is this thing on?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 06, 2020, 11:04:34 am by drfchound »
https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-1---membership-criteria-regulation-8

That link makes interesting reading IDM.
Quite a few of the required standards give quite a lot of leeway time wise to reach them.
I was wondering whether anyone knows whether any club has come close to expulsion for not reaching the standards in time?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012