Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:50:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jason Lokilo  (Read 5234 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
Jason Lokilo
« on August 02, 2020, 05:44:38 pm by South East Rover »
Jason Lokilo has put pen to paper on a permanent one-year deal at Rovers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Jason Lokilo
« Reply #1 on August 02, 2020, 05:47:00 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wow. Has he? Where have you heard this news?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 02, 2020, 05:57:13 pm by graingrover »

SE Rover ..I feared he might stay down your end of the country but I think Darren will be able to attract players from all parts of the country .

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 02, 2020, 05:58:22 pm by Prez »
Liam Hoden announced it on twitter an hour ago.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 02, 2020, 05:59:28 pm by Michael Shaw »
DFP and DRFC Official have confirmed. A great first signing.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2020, 06:01:35 pm by South East Rover »
Through It needed to be headlined as a good signing for the Rovers

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2020, 06:06:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
His 90 minutes v Scunny u23’s is still very much in my mind. He was unplayable in that match. Get anywhere near that level of performance next season and I think we’ll enjoy watching him. Hope he’s got a 1 year extension option.

Now we need Kian Flanagan, his former colleague at CP. Pretty please.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2020, 06:22:04 pm by Retdon1 »
Could be another Ben Kemis or could be outstanding.... fingers crossed it’s the latter

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2020, 06:29:41 pm by ravenrover »
From the brief glimpse we saw last season he looks an exciting prospect

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2020, 07:06:59 pm by Filo »
We have two good wingers now in Taylor and Lokilo, plenty of crosses coming in 😀

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2020, 07:32:29 pm by NickDRFC »
We have two good wingers now in Taylor and Lokilo, plenty of crosses coming in 😀

I’m a big fan of Taylor’s - I know his end product can be lacking sometimes but he’s so direct and always looking to cause problems. Hopefully with Sadlier gone he can really put a marker down for a more consistent run in the team.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2020, 08:48:20 pm by karldew »
I’m hoping he’ll be getting called the League 1 Zaha.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2020, 09:14:14 pm by northern soul »
Chuffed with this.
Admittedly from a very small amount of time I'd seen him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2020, 12:05:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Chuffed with this.
Admittedly from a very small amount of time I'd seen him.

Agreed. only one cameo to base my opinion on but he looked to have something potentially very special.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2020, 10:13:42 am by selby »
One cameo appearance for us the supporters, but the coaches and players were very very impressed with him in training, and the word was he was some player well before he played that game.
  A different  bringing up from Ben Khemis, premiership class academy,is much faster, physical, and a higher standard.
  As Alan said in the u23s he stood out, and a comment I heard from a couple of the youngsters talking about him in training was wow just wow.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 03, 2020, 10:36:22 am by northern soul »
After seeing and hearing a few reports on training and u23 matches, if we were almost trying to keep him under wraps, using the 5 loan players as a cover, with the intention of signing him on a perm if palace released him.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 03, 2020, 12:28:07 pm by Metalmicky »
One cameo appearance for us the supporters, but the coaches and players were very very impressed with him in training, and the word was he was some player well before he played that game.
  A different  bringing up from Ben Khemis, premiership class academy,is much faster, physical, and a higher standard.
  As Alan said in the u23s he stood out, and a comment I heard from a couple of the youngsters talking about him in training was wow just wow.

Just a word of warning - apparently Lewis Guy was great in training....

Welcome to Jason - hope you set the place alight...  :thumbsup:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 03, 2020, 01:07:08 pm by since-1969 »

Just a word of warning - apparently Lewis Guy was great in training....

Welcome to Jason - hope you set the place alight...  :thumbsup:
And in keeping with Guy .. get the odd penalty or 7 .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 03, 2020, 01:08:53 pm by drfchound »
Funnily enough I watched a short highlights version of that Derby match last night.
Guy was very good in that game, could have had a hat trick but for Roy Carrol in goal and should definitely have won a pen in the first half when he was barged off the ball.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 03, 2020, 01:22:50 pm by WheatleyRover »
He scored in the following game in a 1-1 draw with Cardiff as well, don't think he did much after that, i remember him knocking over a referee at one game as well 😂

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 03, 2020, 04:44:03 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
well some of us have got our Christmas wish early including CLH amongst many many others

I forgot to say yesterday, after the third goal I loved the way that every player, including Dieng, made sure they joined in the celebration with Lokilo.
It must have really made the lad feel part of things.

and here my old post

have just looked at both teams "marmite" style odds to make the top 6
yes some bookmakers might have worrying liabilities of £3.50 and offer odds accordingly.

Rovers top 6 odds range from 13/2 (head in the sky odds) to 16/1 (over the hill odds)
Wycombe for "marmite lovers" they are 8/15  and 11/10 is also available for the "haters".

the best odds Rovers to win the match are 19/20 unbelievably offered by the same firm that offers the "screwge odds" of 13/2 top 6

make of that what you will :suicide:

update
on just finding out Lokilo is ready for the first team that 16/1 looks a bit tempting me thinks
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:48:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 03, 2020, 06:24:32 pm by drfchound »
But is that 16/1 available for 2020/21 CLH.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 03, 2020, 07:24:56 pm by PDX_Rover »

I’m a big fan of Taylor’s - I know his end product can be lacking sometimes but he’s so direct and always looking to cause problems. Hopefully with Sadlier gone he can really put a marker down for a more consistent run in the team.

Agree. I like Taylor too. One thing defenders hate is a player running at them at pace. Forces them to make a decision. He’s also not shy of shorting and has goals in him we know. Big fan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 03, 2020, 07:44:23 pm by drfchound »
Taylor is a very exciting player but he needs to improve his finishing.
He regularly snatches at scoring opportunities.
With some decent coaching he could be scoring plenty of goals next season.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 03, 2020, 08:32:33 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Hmm...how can a one-year deal be permanent?   :facepalm: :)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 03, 2020, 08:37:10 pm by RoversAlias »
Because that's what a full-time contract is called, both in and out of football?

It's the term for a contract that isn't temporary, i.e. short-term or in football a loan deal, so of course Lokilo has signed a permanent contract with Rovers.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 03, 2020, 08:45:47 pm by Janso »

Hmm...how can a one-year deal be permanent?   :facepalm: :)
I suppose it would have to be a lifetime contract to be truly permanent, and those obviously exist in football don't they.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 03, 2020, 08:53:13 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Because that's what a full-time contract is called, both in and out of football?

It's the term for a contract that isn't temporary, i.e. short-term or in football a loan deal, so of course Lokilo has signed a permanent contract with Rovers.

Thanks, RA! I was hoping that the two emojis might have signalled that my question wasn’t of the serious kind!...sorry!  :)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 03, 2020, 10:44:00 pm by RoversAlias »

Thanks, RA! I was hoping that the two emojis might have signalled that my question wasn’t of the serious kind!...sorry!  :)

I'll be honest Wilts, reading on mobile those emojis show up very small! So I didn't see them, but no harm done. I guess Copps at least has had a permanent deal with us over the last 16 years  :P

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 03, 2020, 11:31:32 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

I guess Copps at least has had a permanent deal with us over the last 16 years  :P

:laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012