Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:08:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Books  (Read 5466 times)

Superspy

• VSC Member
Season Ticket Books
« on August 06, 2020, 07:52:06 am by Superspy »
Obviously we're not going to be back in the ground for another couple of months, but has anything been said about when ST Books will be ready to collect, or have I just completely missed that one?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Books
« Reply #1 on August 06, 2020, 07:55:21 am by EasyforDennis »
Spoke to the office earlier this week. They havent been printed yet.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 06, 2020, 09:35:45 am by Janso »
Wonder if anyone else has thought about the safety of the bloke on the turnstile? I mean he's going to be handling Christ knows how many pieces of paper even with reduced capacity crowds - even if it's not actually in the turnstile.

How's the checking and ripping of the tickets/ripping out from the book going to work?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 06, 2020, 09:41:00 am by silent majority »
Wonder if anyone else has thought about the safety of the bloke on the turnstile? I mean he's going to be handling Christ knows how many pieces of paper even with reduced capacity crowds - even if it's not actually in the turnstile.

How's the checking and ripping of the tickets/ripping out from the book going to work?

All the answers are here;

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/SG02-Planning-for-social-distancing-at-sports-grounds.pdf

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 06, 2020, 10:32:16 am by roversdude »
Have we ever considered a card system SM

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 06, 2020, 11:00:10 am by silent majority »

We have, currently it would cost too much to change over, but its still a discussion point.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 06, 2020, 11:08:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
I heard when Sheffield United changed to the card system there was a sudden drop in adult season ticket sales and an increase in concessionary ones!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 06, 2020, 11:11:38 am by Bentley Bullet »
Mind you, having someone on the turnstile can be bloody annoying. I often get asked for proof of age when I produce my senior ticket.  :whistle:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 06, 2020, 03:31:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Mind you, having someone on the turnstile can be bloody annoying. I often get asked for proof of age when I produce my senior ticket.  :whistle:

So do I BB. Although in my case it's with me trying to pass as a junior.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 06, 2020, 04:40:39 pm by the vicar »
How can you get asked Steve you are a smudging off 95 aren’t you mate 😂

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 06, 2020, 06:17:39 pm by silent majority »
Obviously we're not going to be back in the ground for another couple of months, but has anything been said about when ST Books will be ready to collect, or have I just completely missed that one?

We might not be printing any for a while yet.

Several reasons, we don't know anything about the fixtures or what attendance we can accommodate, or when we'll be allowed in, and who would want to attend anyway. We probably won't be allowed into our normal seats either, so we need to be a little more patient.

It's a subject we touched on earlier today, but we need to discuss much more before we know how we stand. The club, as we speak, are looking at all the details for the start of the season right now. The plan is to communicate a bit more in the next few days.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 06, 2020, 06:47:06 pm by EasyforDennis »

Several reasons, we don't know anything about the fixtures or what attendance we can accommodate, or when we'll be allowed in, and who would want to attend anyway. We probably won't be allowed into our normal seats either, so we need to be a little more patient.

It's a subject we touched on earlier today, but we need to discuss much more before we know how we stand. The club, as we speak, are looking at all the details for the start of the season right now. The plan is to communicate a bit more in the next few days.

Will season ticket holders be involved in any of the decisions taken which will affect where we sit etc etc?

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 06, 2020, 07:48:39 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Personally I think we need a system of access to viewing games as the paramount factor at the moment. As I see it we will not be in the ground for a considerable period. So Rovers play without a crowd. However as a ST holder I am entitled to see all home games. Therefore I see the logic of some deal with a streaming provider, I assume I-Follow is logical but if not surely in today's age we can scope out some alternative. So ST holders free, casual supporters/non-ST holders £10 or similar? Same applies to away matches, as in all away fans pay a fee to watch their team, so effectively we pay £X to watch Rovers at Portsmouth, and they pay similar to watch their team at the Keepmoat. At least that gives the clubs a much needed revenue stream. What are peoples thoughts?

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 06, 2020, 07:51:17 pm by Superspy »

Thank you :)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 06, 2020, 08:01:52 pm by drfchound »
Personally I think we need a system of access to viewing games as the paramount factor at the moment. As I see it we will not be in the ground for a considerable period. So Rovers play without a crowd. However as a ST holder I am entitled to see all home games. Therefore I see the logic of some deal with a streaming provider, I assume I-Follow is logical but if not surely in today's age we can scope out some alternative. So ST holders free, casual supporters/non-ST holders £10 or similar? Same applies to away matches, as in all away fans pay a fee to watch their team, so effectively we pay £X to watch Rovers at Portsmouth, and they pay similar to watch their team at the Keepmoat. At least that gives the clubs a much needed revenue stream. What are peoples thoughts?

I am with you all the way on this SE1.
Myself and one or two others have in the past few months mooted similar to what you are suggesting.
It seems fair and i hope it can be accommodated.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 06, 2020, 08:04:12 pm by Filo »

Can’t argue with that at all

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 06, 2020, 09:11:11 pm by silent majority »

Of course. The EFL have been talking to the clubs in recent days and are trying to establish the deals that they can offer, and of course Ifollow is a large part of that. Shaun and myself had a quick catch up this afternoon and we discussed this and other options.

But what you all have to remember is that at the moment nobody knows for certain when and how we are going to be attending matches. Deals will be worked out for those attending, and for those that can't or don't want to. But we are still in the early stages of working that out and what that will entail, we have a good idea of course, but its a little early in the day to be committing to any of the detail.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 06, 2020, 09:15:00 pm by silent majority »

Will season ticket holders be involved in any of the decisions taken which will affect where we sit etc etc?

Again its detail that we can't commit to just yet, but if we can find a way to satisfy everybody then we will. But in terms of social distancing inside the stadium it becomes obvious that we can't all sit in the seats we have done before. A season long suspension of that would make sense.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 06, 2020, 09:29:16 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Whilst I get that the detail is more crystal ball gazing than an exact science surely in the not too distant future we can look at a loose outline of what might be possible. I am of the opinion that come colder weather spike 2 will hit big style, not scaremongering, just on what the science bods tell us. Therefore I think its sensible to look at a longer term plan to accommodate people who have committed funds to the 20-21 season already. If I just lost all my ST money for all this season and I have a club to support still then I am in a position to take that hit but I appreciate I am in a more fortunate position than some. Its unprecedented times but surely there must be plans beyond the hallowed PL?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 06, 2020, 09:43:44 pm by drfchound »
Blooming James Coppinger has dropped a hand grenade into my thoughts on next season.
A month ago I was certain that I wouldn’t be attending games until I felt safe to do so, even if it meant watching a season on iFollow.
Now Copps has told us that he is finishing after this season I find myself wanting to watch him in the flesh, so to speak, as he honours us with his presence on the pitch for his final season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 06, 2020, 10:58:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Whilst I get that the detail is more crystal ball gazing than an exact science surely in the not too distant future we can look at a loose outline of what might be possible. I am of the opinion that come colder weather spike 2 will hit big style, not scaremongering, just on what the science bods tell us. Therefore I think its sensible to look at a longer term plan to accommodate people who have committed funds to the 20-21 season already. If I just lost all my ST money for all this season and I have a club to support still then I am in a position to take that hit but I appreciate I am in a more fortunate position than some. Its unprecedented times but surely there must be plans beyond the hallowed PL?

If a cold weather spike hits big style there won't be any football at all anywhere.

We all need to get our heads around the fact that if this virus doesn't f*ck off, we might not have a club left to support.

Barnsley Fan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 09, 2020, 08:33:42 pm by Barnsley Fan »
'' SEASON TICKET BOOK''

It's 2020 NOT 1970.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 09, 2020, 09:59:28 pm by vaya »
'' SEASON TICKET BOOK''

It's 2020 NOT 1970.

That's taken you three days. Still got dial up then.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 09, 2020, 10:12:10 pm by elmsallrover »

We have, currently it would cost too much to change over, but its still a discussion point.
should have been done when stadium was first built

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 09, 2020, 10:25:07 pm by Janso »
'' SEASON TICKET BOOK''

It's 2020 NOT 1970.

I dunno, I do wonder when I walk from your train station down to the ground what century I'm in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 09, 2020, 10:36:00 pm by Filo »
'' SEASON TICKET BOOK''

It's 2020 NOT 1970.

I dunno, I do wonder when I walk from your train station down to the ground what century I'm in.

Whenever I’m out that way Duelling Banjo’s tune comes into my head 😂😂

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 09, 2020, 11:43:05 pm by the vicar »

Myself and one or two others have in the past few months mooted similar to what you are suggesting.
hound, is it fare when I have a season ticket and pay to I follow then it makes it not fare if season ticket holders that don’t subscribe to I follow get the same benefits as an I follow subscriber

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2020, 09:28:43 am by silent majority »

hound, is it fare when I have a season ticket and pay to I follow then it makes it not fare if season ticket holders that don’t subscribe to I follow get the same benefits as an I follow subscriber

Everybody will be taken care of, no need to worry unnecessarily.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2020, 10:40:49 am by drfchound »

No vicar, it wouldn’t be totally fair if ST holders got the same benefits as a ST holder who is also an iFollow subscriber.
However the suggestion is to allow ST holders to stream home games but still pay to view away games.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 10, 2020, 10:59:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If they made it part of the package for a short time, just pause the subscriptions like Vicar's or the vicar could just end his at a click of a button?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012