Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:21:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pursed Strings: ITEN analyses new Salary Cap  (Read 794 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Pursed Strings: ITEN analyses new Salary Cap
« on August 08, 2020, 05:41:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

In the wake of yesterday's vote to bring in a Salary Cap in League's One and Two, I've put together a piece looking at the implications of the new measures and speaking on the opposition to the plans by certain clubs. You can check it out at the link below:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/pursed-strings-salary-cap-shift-efl

Many thanks for reading as ever, please let me know your thoughts on the points raised in the article and do have a great weekend!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Pursed Strings: ITEN analyses new Salary Cap
« Reply #1 on August 09, 2020, 03:18:37 pm by Dutch Uncle »
As ever a really good read RA.

A have a question about loans though.

The EFL statement says players excluded from calculations include 'any under 21 player' and 'in season 2020-21 any player not included in the club's squad list'.

Surely that means that Lawlor's salary (or even any part we still have to pay if e.g. Oldham only pay 80% of his salary and we still pay 20%) will not count against our salary cap.

Presumably inversely, for any loan player we take, the part of his salary we pay will be included in our cap, unless he is Under 21 (Ramsey pretty please!)

Out of interest, I believe that, of our younger players, Jones and Horton are counted as over 21, and the rest (including Amos,Hasani, Greaves, Blythe) are under 21.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 09, 2020, 04:17:22 pm by RoversAlias »
I think all that is right Dutch, yeah. On the U21 players we've got, I wasn't sure on the cut-off point but I also doubt that Jones and Horton are on big wages comparatively either.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 09, 2020, 04:39:15 pm by northern soul »
Also I would assume Lawler's won't be included in our squad list for next year, so his salary will be discounted in full?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012