Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 24801 times)

redrover10

• Forum Member
Sadlier
« on August 10, 2020, 12:36:59 pm by redrover10 »
Looks like sadlier going down road to rotherham just cant agree wages at the moment

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #1 on August 10, 2020, 12:45:14 pm by bobbymax »
Looks like sadlier going down road to rotherham just cant agree wages at the moment
Frankly, he's better than that! From what I saw last season, very little hope that the Merry Millers will be hanging around the Championship scene much beyond one season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 10, 2020, 01:08:24 pm by Campsall rover »
Frankly, he's better than that! From what I saw last season, very little hope that the Merry Millers will be hanging around the Championship scene much beyond one season.
Hope your right but if they sign players of the caliber of Sadlier they could well stay up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 10, 2020, 01:11:09 pm by Filo »

New Donny poured scorn on that suggestion a couple of weeks ago

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 10, 2020, 01:31:39 pm by steve@dcfd »
So apart from Championship don’t see why he’d go to Rotherham. He lives in Cambridge he might get slightly more in wages so we will see.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 10, 2020, 02:00:32 pm by phil old leake »
I would have thought he could do better

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 10, 2020, 02:01:25 pm by selby »
  The misgivings I have about that move is will he fit in with their style of play?.
  It is not that technical, based on getting the ball forward quickly and pressurising the opposition when not in possession, which with the best will in the world I don't see as Sadliers main strengths, especially the physical aspect.
  He is better than that, a touch and go player with a bit of flair and an eye for an opening who can finish, the sort of player a manager wants to produce the unpredictable when nothing looks to be on.
  If he goes there I wish him all the best and really hope he does well for himself, but would question the motive and reasons why an agent or advisor would channel him towards a team that has the potential not to suit his style of play and progress in the game.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 10, 2020, 02:27:07 pm by Metalmicky »
  The misgivings I have about that move is will he fit in with their style of play?.
  It is not that technical, based on getting the ball forward quickly and pressurising the opposition when not in possession, which with the best will in the world I don't see as Sadliers main strengths, especially the physical aspect.
  He is better than that, a touch and go player with a bit of flair and an eye for an opening who can finish, the sort of player a manager wants to produce the unpredictable when nothing looks to be on.
  If he goes there I wish him all the best and really hope he does well for himself, but would question the motive and reasons why an agent or advisor would channel him towards a team that has the potential not to suit his style of play and progress in the game.

TBF, his agent will channel him where the most cash is.......  If I had an agent, that is what I would expect him to do for me..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 10, 2020, 02:27:16 pm by RoversAlias »
Andy Giddings said wages were the sticking point, which suggests to me he might be going elsewhere.

So long as he goes to a Championship club who will give him a run in the team I'm sure he'll do well and it'll be a good move for him.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 10, 2020, 02:40:26 pm by Metalmicky »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 10, 2020, 02:51:32 pm by selby »
MM, if I had an agent who looked after himself at my expense, he wouldn't be around very long mate. If money is the only driving force they have it is no good for the player, and any player with any intelligence at all would  make sure their well being was the main issue on the agenda.
  And that game at our level and Rotherhams has just got a whole lot harder for any agent.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 10, 2020, 03:26:34 pm by Metalmicky »
MM, if I had an agent who looked after himself at my expense, he wouldn't be around very long mate. If money is the only driving force they have it is no good for the player, and any player with any intelligence at all would  make sure their well being was the main issue on the agenda.
  And that game at our level and Rotherhams has just got a whole lot harder for any agent.

I didn't mention anything about an agent was looking after himself - I'm not sure what your talking about....??  However, If I was a player in today's game - especially given the current wage pressures - then I would be seeking the best deal for me - and money would play a huge part in that.  Any agent is obviously going to work to get the best deal for his players... in terms of monetary gain and length of contract.
I'm not sure that 'well being' comes into many deals.... if one club offered £2k a month more than another, I'm sure the first questions a player would ask wouldn't be 'are you a family club?' or 'is there a local creche...?'  These days all clubs are geared to looking after their assets (players), so provided the interested team isn't at one end of the country to the players family, I don't think that it even comes into it.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 10, 2020, 04:19:22 pm by adamtherover »
Prem players have the luxury of choosing footballing reasons for their next move. L1 players have to absolutely maximise their earning potential, as there no way they can earn enough to retire.. After retiring..

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 10, 2020, 05:13:32 pm by Janso »
Kitson

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 10, 2020, 05:31:52 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 10, 2020, 05:56:02 pm by NewDonny »

Rotherham or Wages?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 10, 2020, 05:56:28 pm by Janso »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 10, 2020, 05:57:15 pm by NewDonny »

TBF, his agent will channel him where the most cash is.......  If I had an agent, that is what I would expect him to do for me..

Absolute Rubbish.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 10, 2020, 06:16:45 pm by Filo »

Rotherham or Wages?

Rotherham

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 10, 2020, 06:35:52 pm by drfchound »
Kitson

Who is?
Sadlier.

No reason, just bitter really.  :laugh:

Why,  just because he wants to improve his circumstances.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 10, 2020, 06:49:22 pm by selby »
 Yes but when it can come down to the best deal for the agent, and not necessarily for the player, as has happened but I am not saying that it is money for the agent in this case, but a poor choice of a  clubs playing style, which is alien to the style he has just flourished in.
  It's like Kane and Sheaf going to Wycombe just because they are in the Championship, a complete change of style of play they might not fit in with.
  Sadlier to Rotherham smacks of the same thing to me, or that he has been lined up somewhere else and it has not come off., and the agent needs a deal.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 10, 2020, 07:37:20 pm by since-1969 »
What does it matter anyone now .. Stadlier played himself into a position where his value raised and Rovers didn’t see his  long term potential unlike Whiteman. Good luck to him as playing for a new team will either improve  him or like Marquis demonstrate his limitations.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 10, 2020, 07:40:43 pm by dknward2 »
Good luck to him hope he gets himself sorted out.

He is an ex player now let's move on.

Remember not many players have improved since leaving rovers I'd say Billy Sharp, George Friend and Sam Johnson who was only a loan

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 10, 2020, 07:42:17 pm by drfchound »
Matt Mills , Richie Wellens.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 10, 2020, 07:44:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Yes but when it can come down to the best deal for the agent, and not necessarily for the player, as has happened but I am not saying that it is money for the agent in this case, but a poor choice of a  clubs playing style, which is alien to the style he has just flourished in.
  It's like Kane and Sheaf going to Wycombe just because they are in the Championship, a complete change of style of play they might not fit in with.
  Sadlier to Rotherham smacks of the same thing to me, or that he has been lined up somewhere else and it has not come off., and the agent needs a deal.

There are quite a few assumptions and individual opinions there, which I don't personally agree with.  I'm not sure that you can assume (with any great knowledge) that whatever style Rotherham intend to play will not suit Sadlier...?
Whilst at Rovers he was asked to play in different positions and in varied formations imposed by Darren Moore; he started games on the bench or was also subbed off in several games also - and yet he still managed to excel.  So who is saying that he wouldn't be able to do the very same for Rotherham...?
I also maintain that Sadlier (or any player for that matter) would (and really should) be seeking the best deal for himself, and that the monetary benefits involved will play a very large part in deciding where he ends up playing.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 10, 2020, 07:46:54 pm by dknward2 »
Thanks hound knew mills went up but didn't realize he played so many games, so we are up to 5 players so far in recent times

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 10, 2020, 07:50:05 pm by selby »
  I still want the lad to do well wherever he goes 69, but as stated have my reservations on the playing side if he goes to Rotherham unless they change their style.
  The way they play goes nowhere at Championship level as they found out the last time they were there.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 10, 2020, 08:03:55 pm by drfchound »
Thanks hound knew mills went up but didn't realize he played so many games, so we are up to 5 players so far in recent times

Greenie had a reasonably good career after moving on too.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 10, 2020, 08:04:04 pm by IDM »
What does it matter anyone now .. Stadlier played himself into a position where his value raised and Rovers didn’t see his  long term potential unlike Whiteman. Good luck to him as playing for a new team will either improve  him or like Marquis demonstrate his limitations.

If we didn’t see his potential, why was he offered a new contract.?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 10, 2020, 08:14:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Championship increasingly like Premier League. Teams promoted from League One generally struggle. Wigan relegated twice in last four seasons. Same with Rotherham. This season all three of promoted clubs finished in bottom six. If Wigan had not had their points deduction then 2 of the 3 would have gone down.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012