Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Storm Francis  (Read 1578 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Storm Francis
« on August 24, 2020, 11:41:54 pm by River Don »
Prepare for a deluge in the morning.

The signs are this is a big storm rolling in tonight.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Storm Francis
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2020, 03:56:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Prepare for a deluge in the morning.

The signs are this is a big storm rolling in tonight.
Be careful you might flood your banks.  :chair:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2020, 03:59:39 pm by Filo »
f**king wind! Blew my tripod satellite dish over and punched a small hole in side of Caravan 😡😡😡😡😡

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2020, 05:08:05 pm by knockers »
Surely you go away in the van to get away from the tv!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2020, 05:19:20 pm by Filo »
Surely you go away in the van to get away from the tv!

I’m not away yet till weekend, I was just checking everything worked while I have the van at home, the TV is for days like today when theres not much to do in crap weather, it’s also a smart tv so hopefully I’ll be able to get ifollow when I’m away on Saturday. Now I’ve calmed down I’ve decided to fill the hole with silkafrex and then stick a self adhesive reflecter over it

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2020, 05:27:20 pm by roversontheup »
Don't know what Silkafrex is Filo but hope its good stuff. We are in our van in Borrowdale and its absolutely lashing down🌧🌧😧

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2020, 05:58:55 pm by drfchound »
It often lashes it down in Borrowdale.
Great walking country though, just take waterproofs.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2020, 06:22:13 pm by knockers »
We left Leyburn in Wensleydale this morning and it was banging it down. We were lucky to have missed the worst of of it over the last few days in Leyburn and Grassington on Saturday. Yesterday was wall to wall ☀️

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2020, 06:27:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We travelled home from Scotland this morning, pre-storm. Rain all the way, often torrential, and occasional fog. We considered delaying the return home until tomorrow but the weather was expected to get worse there. Glad we're home and safe now! 

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2020, 06:31:48 pm by Janso »
Done that trip many a time. A66 is a nightmare when the weather is crap, especially if it's foggy.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2020, 06:36:18 pm by Filo »
Don't know what Silkafrex is Filo but hope its good stuff. We are in our van in Borrowdale and its absolutely lashing down🌧🌧😧

It’s a typo it’s Silkaflex 512, it’s used for sealing joints in caravans and awning rails, it’s flexible to allow movement in caravans without breaking a water tight seal

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2020, 06:40:03 pm by roversontheup »

Yes it is Hound. Its my favourite area. Always bring 4 seasons worth of clothing whatever time of year!

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2020, 07:11:05 pm by belton rover »
We’re on top of Oliver’s Mount in Scarborough. The rain is relentless, the wind is getting stronger by the hour, but we have plenty of booze, food and board games!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2020, 07:15:53 pm by Filo »
We’re on top of Oliver’s Mount in Scarborough. The rain is relentless, the wind is getting stronger by the hour, but we have plenty of booze, food and board games!

We’ll be at Crows Nest down the road at the weekend

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2020, 07:40:18 pm by drfchound »

Yes it is Hound. Its my favourite area. Always bring 4 seasons worth of clothing whatever time of year!

I think I am right in saying that Seathwaite, at the top end of Borrowdale, is the wettest place in England.
Mind you, we have taken the caravan there plenty of times and had some really good weather too.
As they say, if you don't like English weather....just hang on a minute.

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2020, 08:37:29 pm by thumper »
Currently halfway through a few days in Hornsea, has been lashing it down since last night so today has been a write off. Feeling sorry for those putting tents up on the site today

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2020, 08:51:37 pm by roversontheup »

Yes you are right about Seathwaite.  We are in the Caravan Club Site under Cat Bells.

I think I am right in saying that Seathwaite, at the top end of Borrowdale, is the wettest place in England.
Mind you, we have taken the caravan there plenty of times and had some really good weather too.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2020, 09:25:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Currently halfway through a few days in Hornsea, has been lashing it down since last night so today has been a write off. Feeling sorry for those putting tents up on the site today

Can't beat the sound of rain on the tent though, such a good sound.  We've camped in much worse than this. I remember one particular night near Filey right on the cliff tops, lightning for hours with instant thunder. Near enough everyone round us decamped to cars that night, it was probably the only scary night I've had in a tent.

Mrs wants a caravan at some point, I'm not sure yet.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2020, 09:53:26 pm by drfchound »

Yes you are right about Seathwaite.  We are in the Caravan Club Site under Cat Bells.

The site in Grange Village, very good spot and I have stayed there a few times.
The last time I was there the trees had grown so much that most of the pitches were in shade for most of the day.
Is it still the same?
Once when we were there, my niece and me got up early and went up Cat Bells.
We were at the top before 6am. A beautiful sunny morning and some hot air balloons went over us after coming from the Keswick side of the lake.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2020, 10:20:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Can't beat the sound of rain on the tent though, such a good sound.  We've camped in much worse than this. I remember one particular night near Filey right on the cliff tops, lightning for hours with instant thunder. Near enough everyone round us decamped to cars that night, it was probably the only scary night I've had in a tent.

Mrs wants a caravan at some point, I'm not sure yet.

We've progressed from a tent to a trailer tent to a tourer over the years but the tenting years hold the fondest memories. Oh to be young again!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 28, 2020, 03:54:40 pm by Filo »
Heading for the East Coast tomorrow Crows Nest near Filey, a relative has gone there today, right on the cliff top getting battered by high winds, apparently it’s going to be windier tomorrow 😩😩😩😩

TinyPortal © 2005-2012