Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:40:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dawn Butler  (Read 3360 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Dawn Butler
« on August 12, 2020, 12:20:49 am by belton rover »
It seems that her recording has been heavily edited and she refuses to show the whole recording.
So are the police institutionalised racists or not?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Dawn Butler
« Reply #1 on August 12, 2020, 06:20:24 am by Herbert Anchovy »
It seems that her recording has been heavily edited and she refuses to show the whole recording.
So are the police institutionalised racists or not?

No, they are not.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 12, 2020, 08:50:37 am by phil old leake »
The police federation are asking for the whole body cam footage to be released so the public can view it

This was just a routine vehicle stop check under the road traffic act

A routine duty carried out by the police on numerous cars on a daily basis

Helton how do you know her footage has been edited

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 12, 2020, 08:51:42 am by phil old leake »
Sorry belton typo calling you Helton

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 12, 2020, 08:56:07 am by IDM »
Routine to stop an expensive car driven by Black people..

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 12, 2020, 09:02:03 am by phil old leake »
What kind of car was it ?????? Do you actually know

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 12, 2020, 09:06:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

If I saw a car come up with a North Yorkshire plate driven in London by two black people in that part of London I'd probably ask a question.  Had they not have checked the reg wrongly they may not have asked the question.

I got stopped once because I didn't look like someone who should have the car I had (a 6 month old Audi registered nowhere near where I was).  I understood that bit if not the lies and attitude by said police officer but that's a different matter.

But it can happen to anyone.  Having said that the stats don't lie particularly in London. Id like to see that compared to the crimes committed by black people in London, is it proportionate and actually is skin colour the wrong way of identifying potential criminals? Is that any worse than age, appearance etc? That's a very difficult question to answer.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 12, 2020, 09:49:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Exactly.

It CAN happen to anyone.

It DOES happen disproportionately to black people.

Just like police brutality CAN and DOES happen to people of all creeds, colours, sexes and ages. But it just happens to occur disproportionately if you are young, male and black.

Back in June, around the time there was that video if the woman calling the police to report that she was being attacked by a black man in Central Park, New York, I read an interview.

It was a young, professional black man who lived in an affluent suburb. He said he goes out jogging regularly and sees white people crossing the street (and that comes from pre-COVID) to avoid him. Then one of his (black) friends who was out was jumped by the police who tasered him, handcuffed him and arrested him. Turned out someone had seen a black guy running on the street and phoned the police, assuming he was a criminal. The man being interviewed said that ever since then, he takes his 8 year old daughter out with him when he jogs as a "I am a normal person, not a danger to you" sign.

THAT is what the whole BLM issue means. It's about asking for blacks to be treated by the same standards as whites. That THAT is why people who aggressively pushback with the All Lives Matter line are part of the problem. Because few of us white people ever have to live our lives like that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 12, 2020, 10:02:04 am by Filo »
BFYP

Exactly.

It CAN happen to anyone.

It DOES happen disproportionately to black people.

Just like police brutality CAN and DOES happen to people of all creeds, colours, sexes and ages. But it just happens to occur disproportionately if you are young, male and black.

Back in June, around the time there was that video if the woman calling the police to report that she was being attacked by a black man in Central Park, New York, I read an interview.

It was a young, professional black man who lived in an affluent suburb. He said he goes out jogging regularly and sees white people crossing the street (and that comes from pre-COVID) to avoid him. Then one of his (black) friends who was out was jumped by the police who tasered him, handcuffed him and arrested him. Turned out someone had seen a black guy running on the street and phoned the police, assuming he was a criminal. The man being interviewed said that ever since then, he takes his 8 year old daughter out with him when he jogs as a "I am a normal person, not a danger to you" sign.

THAT is what the whole BLM issue means. It's about asking for blacks to be treated by the same standards as whites. That THAT is why people who aggressively pushback with the All Lives Matter line are part of the problem. Because few of us white people ever have to live our lives like that.

Unless you lived in a Yorkshire pit village in 84 🤔

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 12, 2020, 10:15:10 am by phil old leake »
I reiterate my point from other threads. We don’t live in the USA

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 12, 2020, 11:41:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo. Yep. Absolutely. But I'm talking about white people in general, not those on whom class war was declared.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 12, 2020, 11:42:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Phil.

No we don't. But you should have a look at the stats for the UK.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 12, 2020, 12:54:29 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
But my point is whether the police are racist (some will be no doubt) or if actually it's justifiable given the stats show certain crimes are committed largely by black people in some areas.  I don't know if that's justifiable to be honest it's an open question.

I'm probably not the best person to think about it. When I was a kid living on a military estate we had armed police patrols and the estate police would often have a word with us youngsters being a bit mischevious (or just for a chat) so I've kind of seen it a little differently to some.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 12, 2020, 12:57:30 pm by belton rover »
The police federation are asking for the whole body cam footage to be released so the public can view it

This was just a routine vehicle stop check under the road traffic act

A routine duty carried out by the police on numerous cars on a daily basis

Helton how do you know her footage has been edited

From listening to a discussion on the radio about the incident. I haven’t heard it from her directly, hence my use of the word ‘seems’.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 12, 2020, 01:46:12 pm by selby »
  According to Talk Radio report she has refused to release the full footage of the recordings and what was released were heavily edited, since then the officers body cam footage has been viewed by the police authorities and has been deemed to have not in any way convened normal police procedure to protect the public.
  It is a fact that a disproportionate number of crimes in the London area are  committed by a coloured minority of the local population, and when stop and search was stopped the crime figures increased it was then reintroduced with the backing of most of the public.
   Corbyns nodding donkey has been found out using the media as a political tool,  perhaps she should buy an old banger.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 12, 2020, 01:51:42 pm by Metalmicky »
  According to Talk Radio report she has refused to release the full footage of the recordings and what was released were heavily edited, since then the officers body cam footage has been viewed by the police authorities and has been deemed to have not in any way convened normal police procedure to protect the public.
  It is a fact that a disproportionate number of crimes in the London area are  committed by a coloured minority of the local population, and when stop and search was stopped the crime figures increased it was then reintroduced with the backing of most of the public.
   Corbyns nodding donkey has been found out using the media as a political tool,  perhaps she should buy an old banger.

Awaits woke outrage.........  :whistle:

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 12, 2020, 02:16:31 pm by Axholme Lion »

Buy one or is one? :)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 12, 2020, 02:46:18 pm by phil old leake »
Very strange indeed. You would expect DB to be more than pleased to have the footage viewed especially after feeling she had to go to the media

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 12, 2020, 02:51:02 pm by phil old leake »
What I would say putting it on the other foot. Why don’t the met just say why the car was checked. By not doing so they are helping to fuel this distrust and bigotry against the police
The police check cars all the time

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 12, 2020, 03:07:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Awaits woke outrage.........  :whistle:

Not from me mate. I'm too busy laughing at more evidence of Selby living several decades in the past.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 12, 2020, 04:54:26 pm by wilts rover »

If I saw a car come up with a North Yorkshire plate driven in London by two black people in that part of London I'd probably ask a question.  Had they not have checked the reg wrongly they may not have asked the question.

I got stopped once because I didn't look like someone who should have the car I had (a 6 month old Audi registered nowhere near where I was).  I understood that bit if not the lies and attitude by said police officer but that's a different matter.

But it can happen to anyone.  Having said that the stats don't lie particularly in London. Id like to see that compared to the crimes committed by black people in London, is it proportionate and actually is skin colour the wrong way of identifying potential criminals? Is that any worse than age, appearance etc? That's a very difficult question to answer.

Car was a BMW

The car didn't have a North Yorkshire number plate. That error only came out after they began to run a check on it.

According to this report it wasn't a routine traffic stop. The officers were from the Violent Crime Task Force and were in the area "as part of our proactive work to protect communities from violence".

So why were they checking it in the first place - as the occupants of the car were clearly not engaged in any violent crime - that's not clear to me?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53748929

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 12, 2020, 05:05:15 pm by phil old leake »
So you were there were you

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 12, 2020, 05:13:25 pm by MachoMadness »
State of this thread, f**king hell. No sources, no evidence, just people DESPERATE to prove a black woman is lying. Really makes you think.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 12, 2020, 05:21:27 pm by selby »
  She is an Mp don't they all lie? or just the PM?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 12, 2020, 05:48:59 pm by belton rover »
State of this thread, f**king hell. No sources, no evidence, just people DESPERATE to prove a black woman is lying. Really makes you think.
What exactly is it really making you think, Macho?

This woman is a politician. She is serving the country and all people within it. She says that her video proves that the police are institutionally racist. Saying that is no better than saying that we don’t have any racists in this country.

It now appears that there may be parts of that video that she did not want the media/british people to see.

Do you really think the police are institutionally racist? And as you talk about evidence, do you really believe she has shown the footage to prove it?

Do you really think that when she claims such outrageous nonsense that she claims is proof, she can’t be questioned or discussed without sources and evidence BECAUSE she is black?

Again, what does it really make you think?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:45:33 pm by belton rover »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 12, 2020, 06:44:04 pm by MachoMadness »
It makes me think this thread is exactly why Black Lives Matter is so important.

The Met police have admitted they made a mistake. They haven't disputed her account of events and have apologised publicly to her. And yet we STILL have people on here spreading conspiracy theories that she edited the video (she didn't, apart from maybe blurring her friends face out which is understandable) and is refusing to share it. There is no source or evidence for any of this offered anywhere. But of course, it's a prominent black woman, so she must just be race baiting or at fault somehow.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 12, 2020, 06:48:56 pm by belton rover »
It makes me think this thread is exactly why Black Lives Matter is so important.

The Met police have admitted they made a mistake. They haven't disputed her account of events and have apologised publicly to her. And yet we STILL have people on here spreading conspiracy theories that she edited the video (she didn't, apart from maybe blurring her friends face out which is understandable) and is refusing to share it. There is no source or evidence for any of this offered anywhere. But of course, it's a prominent black woman, so she must just be race baiting or at fault somehow.
Macho, I added on to my initial response before seeing your reply. But please be honest, that’s not really what it really made you think, is it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 12, 2020, 06:50:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  She is an Mp don't they all lie? or just the PM?

No. They don't all lie.

Just some of them. And some people refuse to make that distinction.

Next question?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 12, 2020, 07:26:24 pm by phil old leake »
My point exactly selby
Why is she more credible than a police officer
MPs never lie they never exaggerate the truth. Never twist things never fiddle their expenses
I’ve not read anything on here from anyone calling her a liar
My point was around her credibility as an MP not about her being a woman of colour
What I would say to macho is if the first thing that entered your mind was her colour maybe you should examine your unconscious bias

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 12, 2020, 07:34:50 pm by i_ateallthepies »
My point exactly selby
Why is she more credible than a police officer
MPs never lie they never exaggerate the truth. Never twist things
never fiddle their expenses
I’ve not read anything on here from anyone calling her a liar
My point was around her credibility as an MP not about her being a woman of colour
What I would say to macho is if the first thing that entered your mind was her colour maybe you should examine your unconscious bias

She'd be a bit foolish to lie about it when the police have it all on camera.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012