Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:42:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Have we lost the pen?  (Read 13739 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Have we lost the pen?
« Reply #60 on August 25, 2020, 02:14:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Looks like we all got it wrong with Davies then, since that article says he's been training with Flint Town rather than Rovers.

Hoden's confirmed the names of the other lads, as in Thomas and Kuate in his piece this morning but didn't confirm the younger lads name. So it is possible we have been barking up the wrong tree the whole time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 25, 2020, 05:34:11 pm by scawsby steve »
So who was the number 17 who looked good in the second half at Derby?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 25, 2020, 10:25:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
We need some cover at right back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 26, 2020, 08:43:30 am by drfchound »
Maybe he got fed up of waiting for us to make a move.
Then got offered a two year deal at Wrexham which as others have said, isn’t bad in the current climate, so took the definite option.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 26, 2020, 09:01:37 am by Campsall rover »
Maybe he got fed up of waiting for us to make a move.
Then got offered a two year deal at Wrexham which as others have said, isn’t bad in the current climate, so took the definite option.
Wrexham were his old club. Probably from that area and preferred to go back home, or his wife/girlfriend might have.
There is often a lot more to these transfers than we see or know about.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 26, 2020, 09:13:02 am by godlike1 »
True so did he just use us then when we could have had another player on trial instead? Some of those things could be true but I do think the time we and DM takes to make a decision leads to us missing out on players

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 26, 2020, 09:26:09 am by Jonathan »
True so did he just use us then when we could have had another player on trial instead? Some of those things could be true but I do think the time we and DM takes to make a decision leads to us missing out on players

I don’t think that would be fair to say he used us. The lad was out of contract, out of work, he came here on a trial. By the sounds of it he impressed too but we all know that we don’t move quickly when it comes to contracts and transfers. In the end he had another offer that brought some security and certainty. You can’t blame him for taking that at all. I’m sure we’ll move on along the list of potential targets.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 26, 2020, 09:32:41 am by idler »
I'm sure that he if he had really impressed we would have moved quicker. We have also only missed out if he goes on to have a decent career at League One level or higher.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 26, 2020, 10:06:24 am by steve@dcfd »
He’s gone for a two year contract that GB and DB would not have given him. If you want players that really impress most of them would not be on trial. So DM has to try and pull diamonds when he can only offer them 1 year contracts and GB and DB can’t get them over the line.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 26, 2020, 11:08:26 am by since-1969 »
More like a vaccine  !!

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 26, 2020, 11:46:02 am by EasyforDennis »
I'm sure that he if he had really impressed we would have moved quicker. We have also only missed out if he goes on to have a decent career at League One level or higher.

If he hadn't impressed the Manager would we be seriously considering giving him a contract?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 26, 2020, 11:52:29 am by idler »
I did say really impressed. Look how quickly Lockilo was sorted. Maybe he was decent to take a punt on but not deemed worth pushing the boat out for. Factor in he may now be living with his parents rather than in digs or a flat here and little or no travel expenses. How much time and money for him to go to Wales and back once or twice a week? He also has a chance to shine for Wrexham and maybe have a shot at a bigger club when Covid is over.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 26, 2020, 11:59:55 am by Campsall rover »
Exactly. He has gone to a National league side.

Presumably League 1 or even League 2 clubs weren’t queuing up to sign him.

If he was that impressive we would have signed him, unless of course Wrexham offered more stability with 2 yrs and it was near to his home & he preferred that option?

Why some are getting their knickers in a twist because he hasn’t signed for us is crazy..  :zzz:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:18:03 pm by Campsall rover »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 26, 2020, 12:13:45 pm by EasyforDennis »

If he was that impressive we would have signed him, unless of course Wrexham offered more stability with 2 yrs and it was near to his home.

Why some are getting their knickers in a twist because he hasn’t signed for us is crazy..  :zzz:

I think you are missing what some fans are thinking. It's not the player it's the fact that we seem to need 3 meetings to decide on whether we make a decision or not.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 26, 2020, 12:20:33 pm by Campsall rover »

If he was that impressive we would have signed him, unless of course Wrexham offered more stability with 2 yrs and it was near to his home.

I think you are missing what some fans are thinking. It's not the player it's the fact that we seem to need 3 meetings to decide on whether we make a decision or not.
Not missing the point at all.
DM in all probability thinks there are better options.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 26, 2020, 12:27:52 pm by Donnybax »
The last news we heard was that Moore was meeting with the chairman on Tuesday to discuss giving deals for Williams and Davies. That shows that he did impress. We’ve had them on trial since our first game of pre season so with that being the case should this meeting not have happened a lot sooner?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 26, 2020, 12:35:13 pm by Campsall rover »
The last news we heard was that Moore was meeting with the chairman on Tuesday to discuss giving deals for Williams and Davies. That shows that he did impress. We’ve had them on trial since our first game of pre season so with that being the case should this meeting not have happened a lot sooner?
Better ask the CEO or Chairman or DM. We will never know will we. Send an E Mail & ask for clarification.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 26, 2020, 12:39:12 pm by EasyforDennis »

Correction. You are not missing the point. You cannot see what the point is!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 26, 2020, 12:50:34 pm by Campsall rover »

Correction. You are not missing the point. You cannot see what the point is!
I am not biting sorry. You have it your way if that makes you happy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 26, 2020, 12:59:37 pm by silent majority »
Initially we didn't plan to offer trials to anybody so our strategy was built around identifying who we wanted and then signing them up.

That hasn't changed. We took a few players on trial, deemed them not good enough, and moved on. I fail to see what the issue is.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 26, 2020, 01:15:06 pm by IDM »
But we get the same on here every summer and January - any player we get linked with who we don’t sign is clearly someone we missed and therefore “something wrong with the club”

And it’s usually the same people with those opinions too.!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 26, 2020, 01:26:13 pm by Campsall rover »
But we get the same on here every summer and January - any player we get linked with who we don’t sign is clearly someone we missed and therefore “something wrong with the club”

And it’s usually the same people with those opinions too.!
All those players we got last year and the year before were rubbish signings apparently. Until they started to play for us.

Strange isn’t it the same people are at it again now.

Kane, Wilks, Deing, John, Sheaf, Ennis. Every one of them was criticised on this forum before they had even kicked a ball.
 :headbang:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:28:48 pm by Campsall rover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 26, 2020, 01:28:25 pm by tyke1962 »
The window is open until October this season , much can change in hours never mind a number of weeks .

It's a long season , didn't Ipswich fly out of the traps early doors last season and fall away massively from xmas on .

It goes the other way too , sluggish starts can be overcome , highly likely with the effects of the pandemic and the salary cap the league will be a closely contested affair with not much between half of the league .

Personally I'd sooner wait for the right players than just simply players arriving and a drum roll that may not be warranted .

The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that eats the cheese .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 26, 2020, 01:29:44 pm by IDM »
Spot on Tyke, you’re not wrong there.!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 26, 2020, 01:30:46 pm by Donnybax »
Initially we didn't plan to offer trials to anybody so our strategy was built around identifying who we wanted and then signing them up.

That hasn't changed. We took a few players on trial, deemed them not good enough, and moved on. I fail to see what the issue is.

let’s be fair Davies was not deemed not good enough. If he was he’d have been let got when Thomas and kuate were.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 26, 2020, 01:37:49 pm by Campsall rover »
The window is open until October this season , much can change in hours never mind a number of weeks .

It's a long season , didn't Ipswich fly out of the traps early doors last season and fall away massively from xmas on .

It goes the other way too , sluggish starts can be overcome , highly likely with the effects of the pandemic and the salary cap the league will be a closely contested affair with not much between half of the league .

Personally I'd sooner wait for the right players than just simply players arriving and a drum roll that may not be warranted .

The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that eats the cheese .
The voice of common sense and reason. Got to get a ‘bl..dy Barnsley fan to give it.
Well said Tyke. Sorry about the bl..dy. but you are rivals. Friendly ones unlike that other lot in South Yorkshire who for some reason play in New York.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:41:39 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 26, 2020, 01:40:58 pm by Campsall rover »

let’s be fair Davies was not deemed not good enough. If he was he’d have been let got when Thomas and kuate were.
??? Ok you say so. You heard it from SM. Not enough eh?  Let’s move on shall we.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 26, 2020, 01:44:16 pm by drfchound »

The voice of common sense and reason. Got to get a ‘bl..dy Barnsley fan to give it.
Well said Tyke. Sorry about the bl..dy. but you are rivals. Friendly ones unlike that other lot in South Yorkshire who for some reason play in New York.

I believe that the New York reference is because that is what the area of town that the stadium is built in is known as.
A bit like Belle Vue used to be.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 26, 2020, 02:35:12 pm by Campsall rover »

I believe that the New York reference is because that is what the area of town that the stadium is built in is known as.
A bit like Belle Vue used to be.
I know hound. Was being sarky. :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012