Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:34:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dan Gardner signed  (Read 3966 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Dan Gardner signed
« Reply #30 on August 07, 2021, 09:06:54 am by adamtherover »
Can play tomorrow
just as well, I think we currently have 13 fit non academy players in the squad?

I've got 21 non Academy.

Dahlberg
Jones
Bottomley
Knoyle
Seaman
Rowe
Horton
Anderson
Williams
John
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Greaves
Close
Gardner
Smith
E. Williams
Barlow
Cukur
Bogle

Come on Donny,

There are quite a few on there that wouldn't make Chesterfield's starting 11.

But a quality signing all the same, after Tommy Rowe that is

The only thing I was responding to was that we have only 13 non Academy players at the club, we don't we have a fair few more. It doesn't matter if you don't like youngsters being given opportunities, the current squad size is a fact.
talk about twisting the narrative ffs,  first of all, I said 13 Fit players that wernt from our acedemy, I've excluded all the Injured ones which you don't seem to have.   secondly, where did I say I didn't like youngsters to be given a chance?, my point was, and still is, we have zero experience outside of the first 11, league one is a tough league. to expect young lads to compete is a big ask!!! 
hang on,  have I just confirmed my so called. agenda?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 07, 2021, 09:29:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
Can play tomorrow
just as well, I think we currently have 13 fit non academy players in the squad?

I've got 21 non Academy.

Dahlberg
Jones
Bottomley
Knoyle
Seaman
Rowe
Horton
Anderson
Williams
John
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Greaves
Close
Gardner
Smith
E. Williams
Barlow
Cukur
Bogle

Come on Donny,

There are quite a few on there that wouldn't make Chesterfield's starting 11.

But a quality signing all the same, after Tommy Rowe that is

The only thing I was responding to was that we have only 13 non Academy players at the club, we don't we have a fair few more. It doesn't matter if you don't like youngsters being given opportunities, the current squad size is a fact.
talk about twisting the narrative ffs,  first of all, I said 13 Fit players that wernt from our acedemy, I've excluded all the Injured ones which you don't seem to have.   secondly, where did I say I didn't like youngsters to be given a chance?, my point was, and still is, we have zero experience outside of the first 11, league one is a tough league. to expect young lads to compete is a big ask!!! 
hang on,  have I just confirmed my so called. agenda?

Who haven't I excluded who's injured? The only one that might be near that is Close and Wellens said he's fine during the week, so I'd expect him to be around the squad today.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 07, 2021, 09:48:56 am by Janso »
Can play tomorrow

I've got 21 non Academy.

Dahlberg
Jones
Bottomley
Knoyle
Seaman
Rowe
Horton
Anderson
Williams
John
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Greaves
Close
Gardner
Smith
E. Williams
Barlow
Cukur
Bogle
you know exactly what I mean,   our youth players are basically filling out the squad..

You can't just ignore the fact that they're actual professionals just to suit your agenda, you do realise that don't you?
lol, my agenda?, and what is that exactly,  please enlighten me? I'm basically  highlighting the fact that we are top heavy with youngsters that even as short a time period ago as the start of last season, wouldn't have even made the bench.  if that's some sort of agenda, then guilty as  charged..

They might be young, but they're not academy players anymore, they're professionals. To claim otherwise is talking shite.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 07, 2021, 10:11:58 am by roversdude »
There’s a surprise no comment from 1969
Really good signing IMHO and overall I think Richie and the board have recruited excellently, it’s just unfortunate that we have suffered the injuries

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 07, 2021, 11:26:46 am by adamtherover »
Can play tomorrow

I've got 21 non Academy.

Dahlberg
Jones
Bottomley
Knoyle
Seaman
Rowe
Horton
Anderson
Williams
John
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Greaves
Close
Gardner
Smith
E. Williams
Barlow
Cukur
Bogle
you know exactly what I mean,   our youth players are basically filling out the squad..

You can't just ignore the fact that they're actual professionals just to suit your agenda, you do realise that don't you?
lol, my agenda?, and what is that exactly,  please enlighten me? I'm basically  highlighting the fact that we are top heavy with youngsters that even as short a time period ago as the start of last season, wouldn't have even made the bench.  if that's some sort of agenda, then guilty as  charged..

They might be young, but they're not academy players anymore, they're professionals. To claim otherwise is talking shite.
got out of the wrong side of bed mate?,  so by your definition, we could promote all last seasons u18s into first year pros and we would. be fine at league one level?,  just cos they have been given a small pro contract doesn't mean they can survive league one.  you are right tho, somebody is talking shite!!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 07, 2021, 11:40:53 am by Campsall rover »
For crying out loud pack it in you two.

The season has not even started yet and it’s getting like the school playground.

Come on we are all supposed to be Rovers aren’t we?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 07, 2021, 11:41:09 am by Janso »
Can play tomorrow

I've got 21 non Academy.

Dahlberg
Jones
Bottomley
Knoyle
Seaman
Rowe
Horton
Anderson
Williams
John
Blythe
Hasani
Ravenhill
Greaves
Close
Gardner
Smith
E. Williams
Barlow
Cukur
Bogle

got out of the wrong side of bed mate?,  so by your definition, we could promote all last seasons u18s into first year pros and we would. be fine at league one level?,  just cos they have been given a small pro contract doesn't mean they can survive league one.  you are right tho, somebody is talking shite!!
I never once stated I thought they were good enough. But the fact of the matter is they are not academy players, regardless of their ability. So yes, you are talking shite.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 07, 2021, 06:28:37 pm by Branton Rover »
When it said we’d signed an experienced Gardner - I thought Alan Titchmarsh had joined

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 07, 2021, 07:09:03 pm by scawsby steve »
When it said we’d signed an experienced Gardner - I thought Alan Titchmarsh had joined

Or Monty Don?

Mind you, he'd have probably done better than that load of sh*te today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012