Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:41:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cameron John  (Read 14295 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: Cameron John
« Reply #180 on August 28, 2020, 04:58:28 pm by Janso »
Well. That's tonight's w**k material sorted.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on August 28, 2020, 05:56:23 pm by john_donc857 »
What a great buy this kid is. Don’t know how we’ve pulled it off . A premiership player in the making I’m sure. Credit to the club we’ve done wonders for all the loan players over the last couple of years. Helped turn some of them into million pound players infact although obviously the potential was already there. Stands us in a good position moving forward with the loan market .

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on August 28, 2020, 05:58:16 pm by Metalmicky »
What a great buy this kid is. Don’t know how we’ve pulled it off .

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on August 28, 2020, 06:26:02 pm by Janso »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

I've not done it yet, check back in a few hours.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on August 28, 2020, 07:08:13 pm by leedshayter »
Now what was that song?
“Who’s the best defender in the football league, it’s you John John, it’s you John John”
how about defenders -it’s you John Tom John it’s you Tom John 😀

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on August 28, 2020, 07:20:49 pm by scawsby steve »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Just to help you, J, I'll send you a picture of Ann Widdicombe wearing nothing but football socks.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on August 28, 2020, 07:37:53 pm by phil o sophical »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Just to help you, J, I'll send you a picture of Ann Widdicombe wearing nothing but football socks.

on which part of her anatomy is she wearing the football socks ?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on August 28, 2020, 07:39:32 pm by Janso »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Well we all know what Steve does in his spare time. ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on August 28, 2020, 07:40:06 pm by Campsall rover »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Don’t put it on here. Many thanks.
Poor Ann she doesn’t half get some stick.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on August 28, 2020, 07:41:50 pm by scawsby steve »

Perhaps ask Janso...?

Well we all know what Steve does in his spare time. ;)

Shhh…..

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on August 28, 2020, 07:47:28 pm by adamtherover »
Told by a reliable source yesterday that this is true unhappy at Wolves and loves DM as a coach
I've said it before but DM seems to work magic in the dressing room, the harmony he creates among the team is unreal.  Considering some of the hot heads we have had in recent times as well., any time you see the players in interviews, behind the scenes stuff, it always looks like a happy camp. Which we all know, if you are happy in your work place, you perform better..

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on August 28, 2020, 07:48:22 pm by Al4475 »
A superb signing! Simple. Maybe, just maybe the blokes at the top of the DRFC tree actually do know what they're doing long term!

Well bugger me - fancy that eh? Weird concept!  :blink:

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on August 28, 2020, 08:03:43 pm by Al4475 »
Ffs! Leave you for a few hours while I play golf, getting drenched, and what chuffing happens!?

That's just bloody careless. How the hell did we let this one stick in our fingers, eh?

The last time I was excited as this with a signing was Matt Mills, just cos I thought we couldn't pull it off.

I think most have said above all we need to know about the obvious influence DM has with young players. Cameron John will be a better player... Not necessarily because he has all the attributes of a good intelligent footballing centre half, but because he was prepared to throw himself lock stock and barrel into everything DM asked him to do, cocking up at times , two great own goals in one match. That is carachter building of the highest order and I'm sure he'll be a better, more mature footballer because of that.

Brilliant for everyone concerned! A great lift for us all.

Good round bud?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on August 29, 2020, 07:48:31 am by roversdude »
Well a day has passed could I please ask for Since 1969’s view on this, maybe time to give the board some credit for once.....just a thought

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on August 29, 2020, 08:57:01 am by selby »
  I like the player, but cannot see the enthusiasm  that some show to put him straight in instead of Wright to play with Anderson.
  Wright is the better defender, a more solid and steady player, if we play with three at the back Ican see him in there on the left, but in a four prefer Wright.
  Playing in front of the back line however with his mobility and strength he could develop into a great asset giving us balance  being left footed.
  Let's not forget that Anderson and Wright together with two good full backs were the solid core that we were starting to build momentum on  when last season was curtailed, and today's game against a mobile quick Championship forward line will give us a pointer as to just how good they can be.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on August 29, 2020, 09:03:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
  I like the player, but cannot see the enthusiasm  that some show to put him straight in instead of Wright to play with Anderson.
  Wright is the better defender, a more solid and steady player, if we play with three at the back Ican see him in there on the left, but in a four prefer Wright.
  Playing in front of the back line however with his mobility and strength he could develop into a great asset giving us balance  being left footed.
  Let's not forget that Anderson and Wright together with two good full backs were the solid core that we were starting to build momentum on  when last season was curtailed, and today's game against a mobile quick Championship forward line will give us a pointer as to just how good they can be.

I agree in that the other two are ahead of him but he will still get a hell of a lot of games under his belt this season and with his age he'll develop into a decent Championship defender. We've not necessarily signed a first teamer, we've signed a guy who can compete at this level now who will potentially be worth over a million in the future.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on August 29, 2020, 09:15:34 am by Campsall rover »
Brian agree up to a point but as DonnyOsmond says in his post he will play plenty of games. Wright does have an injury record and suspensions are possible especially at CB position.
DM may revert on occasions to 3 centre backs with wing backs & as you say he can play on the left of the 3
He could also play the central position as a sweeper with Wright & Anderson marking twin strikers.

As has been suggested could he not play the holding midfield role? Personally i am sure he could as he is very comfortable on the ball and can tackle.
You know he could end up playing there permanently in the future. You can never tell.

I do think he will be a premier league player within the next 3 yrs. What is certain is he will be a massive asset to our squad this season providing no injury concerns.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:20:00 am by Campsall rover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on August 29, 2020, 10:44:53 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I love his infectious character, always smiling, great with the kids and you get the feeling the group will bond together very well.

As said in the other thread, we have a good mix of youth and experience. We're just hoping that Whiteman sees the potential here and stays for a little longer to help us glue it all together on the pitch.

You can forsee Cameron maturing as a footballer and who knows what he could adapt to.

However, there's a very good chance he'll be playing left back today with James only rated as 50/50 so let's not be moaning and groaning about DMs selection if that happens.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on August 29, 2020, 11:09:55 am by Campsall rover »
I love his infectious character, always smiling, great with the kids and you get the feeling the group will bond together very well.

As said in the other thread, we have a good mix of youth and experience. We're just hoping that Whiteman sees the potential here and stays for a little longer to help us glue it all together on the pitch.

You can forsee Cameron maturing as a footballer and who knows what he could adapt to.

However, there's a very good chance he'll be playing left back today with James only rated as 50/50 so let's not be moaning and groaning about DMs selection if that happens.
Why won’t he play Amos at left back? Or he might play a back 3 with John as one of those & Amos at wing back.
I think after last season, surely he won’t play CJ as a left back in a flat back 4
Don’t understand why if Amos is available.

Ah just realised as I am typing Amos maybe with N. Ireland U21’s 

Could play Horton though. We will see.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on August 29, 2020, 11:13:27 am by Alan Southstand »
Don’t forget, Sheaf signed and came as a centre back, but DM quickly had him in defensive midfield. I think there is definitely some mileage in CJ playing that role.

As for left back - what’s wrong with Amos all of a sudden?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on August 29, 2020, 11:17:11 am by DonnyOsmond »

Why won’t he play Amos at left back? Or he might play a back 3 with John as one of those & Amos at wing back.
I think after last season, surely he won’t play CJ as a left back in a flat back 4
Don’t understand why if Amos is available.

Ah just realised as I am typing Amos maybe with N. Ireland U21’s 

Could play Horton though. We will see.

I thought that but it was rescheduled so internationals could play, so surely he's available for this but not Bradford?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on August 29, 2020, 11:18:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don’t forget, Sheaf signed and came as a centre back, but DM quickly had him in defensive midfield. I think there is definitely some mileage in CJ playing that role.

I would be more than happy for Amos at left back. I'm just suggesting DM might consider John there today if James isn't fit enough.

As Campsall says, there is that option for a back 3 too.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on August 29, 2020, 01:42:07 pm by ravenrover »
So if all 3 CBs are fit who gets the starting places? I'll go with Tom and Cam

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on August 29, 2020, 01:53:58 pm by NewDonny »

I would be more than happy for Amos at left back. I'm just suggesting DM might consider John there today if James isn't fit enough.

As Campsall says, there is that option for a back 3 too.

CJ's final delivery was poor from LB last season, I think he is a little lost playing out wide there as well, so I would would be playing James as first choice LB with Amos next before John in that position.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on August 29, 2020, 02:05:52 pm by selby »
  RR, I go with Wright, not only do I think he is the better defender, but Andersons superb form last season was when he played alongside Wright whose game compliments that of Anderson.
  When last season ended as a pair in central defence they were as good as any in our division and better than a lot in the Championship.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on August 29, 2020, 02:11:05 pm by NewDonny »
  RR, I go with Wright, not only do I think he is the better defender, but Andersons superb form last season was when he played alongside Wright whose game compliments that of Anderson.
  When last season ended as a pair in central defence they were as good as any in our division and better than a lot in the Championship.

I don't agree, Anderson had an outstanding season and was consistently one of our best players every game irrespective of who was playing alongside him in that CH pairing and CJ was there for a good few games whilst Wright was out injured.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012