Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:23:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loan signings!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10356 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: Loan signings!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on September 08, 2020, 06:59:02 pm by Michael Shaw »
I confess to being miffed last season when we saw Andy Butler, Danny Andrew, Marko Marosi, Tommy Rowe and John Marquis leave. Personally, I thought there was a lot of talent in there.
But this season I think Darren has got it spot on. The right players out and some great signings in, at a time when I thought we would financially struggle more. Well done Darren and co..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on September 08, 2020, 07:01:40 pm by Michael Gibson »
From the signings it all suggests Whiteman is staying which is again a great pat on the back to the owners

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 08, 2020, 08:21:13 pm by bpoolrover »
Another great bit of business from Darren, Adam and Gavin. Still not seen credit from certain posters
I would think they would give credit when they have seen them play no?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on September 08, 2020, 08:32:42 pm by Michael Gibson »
I’m the biggest critic but these lads look the business your not at arsenal or England youth if your a clown tbf ....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on September 08, 2020, 08:35:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm with Dickos. At least wait until you've seen them play especially when they've only played a handful games at our level.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on September 08, 2020, 08:36:08 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I’m the biggest critic but these lads look the business your not at arsenal or England youth if your a clown tbf ....

Because people didn't slag off Man City and Dutch youth international Rodney Kongolo, did they?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 08:39:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on September 08, 2020, 10:23:52 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If they adapt like Sheaf, Ennis & John then they'll be fine. It's important they're allowed to make mistakes early doors and it might be a blessing we have no crowds in for the time being.

I suspect the two new lads will be on the bench on Saturday and I'm guessing DM already knows his starting line up for Saturday.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 08, 2020, 10:25:20 pm by drfchound »
Gomes didn’t start well last season and got stick from some fans but he looks like a different player this season from what I have seen so far.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on September 08, 2020, 10:37:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
Maybe second half, hound, but he’s not a defensive midfielder. We just didn’t have a clinical edge to us, all night. Still, much more work to do yet.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 08, 2020, 10:47:58 pm by donny dave »
From the signings it all suggests Whiteman is staying which is again a great pat on the back to the owners
  that is why i love this club.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on September 08, 2020, 10:53:00 pm by drfchound »
Maybe second half, hound, but he’s not a defensive midfielder. We just didn’t have a clinical edge to us, all night. Still, much more work to do yet.

Yes there is mate but it is still early days and we haven’t seen the full squad members yet.
I thought Gomes was decent enough throughout both of our competitive  games so far.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on September 08, 2020, 10:57:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's difficult for midfielders as there's nowhere to hide. When you're given a job to do, sometimes you're not sure whether to stick or twist. With Sheaf and Gomes they both tried to be disciplined and only as they got more comfortable could you see the real footballer coming out. Now Gomes has got a season under his belt we will hopefully see more of the sublime and less of the other.

It could be the same with Richards taking time to find himself erring on the side of caution.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on September 09, 2020, 12:51:16 am by RoversAlias »
Cameron John, Tyreece John-Jules, Jon Taylor, Taylor Richards - it might get confusing for reporters and commentators at times!

Looks a cracking signing this, he was someone I looked at when he went to Lincoln and was a bit surprised we weren't in for him but here we are. Another striker was a must too.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 09, 2020, 06:54:38 am by sha66y »

Because people didn't slag off Man City and Dutch youth international Rodney Kongolo, did they?

It’s not always about who comes in, ...rather who’s going to manage them...I’m pretty sure that Kongolo wasn’t managed well enough to unleash his true potential...DM seems to understand how to bring the young players through ......and maybe if he fancied Kongolo, he would have been a better prospect...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on September 09, 2020, 03:15:42 pm by adamtherover »
Wba announced it on their own twitter page as a done deal?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 09, 2020, 03:32:05 pm by godlike1 »
Wba announced it on their own twitter page as a done deal?

Just checked their twitter feed and can't see anything

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on September 09, 2020, 03:35:30 pm by adamtherover »
On the rumours page, someone copied the text from what looked like the official wba twitter page?  Another hoax site?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on September 09, 2020, 03:59:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On the rumours page, someone copied the text from what looked like the official wba twitter page?  Another hoax site?

Wasn't it a WBA fan news page?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 09, 2020, 04:06:32 pm by MachoMadness »
I'd imagine this was a deal that's dependent on WBA signing a striker themselves. But it sounds like if he is going out on loan, he's coming here.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 09, 2020, 04:15:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on September 09, 2020, 04:23:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well West Brom have signed another striker!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54083908

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on September 09, 2020, 05:01:42 pm by Rovers91 »
I think he is coming here, the fact there have been reports from WBA end and DM has confirmed we have looked at him and it has potential to me says he is coming here. DM doesnt seem to normally confirm we have looked at someone unless there is something serious in it like when we got Bursik.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on September 09, 2020, 05:53:14 pm by scawsby steve »
The DFP just gets worse and f*cking worse.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on September 09, 2020, 05:59:36 pm by drfchound »
Tulloch deal not done and dusted just yet.....

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-discusses-doncaster-rovers-interest-west-broms-rayhaan-tulloch-2965915

Just as an aside, that report says that the trialists will get to know their fate today.
At first it was going to be Sunday then it was reported that it had been put back to Tuesday.
The report says that DM couldn’t get back to the trialists on Tuesday because of the Bradford game but you would have thought he knew on Sunday that we had a game on Tuesday.
As someone said on another thread yesterday, DM knows how to string things out.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:05:37 pm by drfchound »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on September 09, 2020, 06:28:22 pm by idler »
Maybe ongoing negotiations and wanting to release details of all trialists at the same time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on September 09, 2020, 06:38:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-discusses-doncaster-rovers-interest-west-broms-rayhaan-tulloch-2965915

Just as an aside, that report says that the trialists will get to know their fate today.
At first it was going to be Sunday then it was reported that it had been put back to Tuesday.
The report says that DM couldn’t get back to the trialists on a Tuesday because of the Bradford game but you would have thought he knew on Sunday that we had a game on Tuesday.

Once again though, it's the press and fans pushing for answers. DM dictates things not the DFP and not the fans. We should know DM is an honourable man and as long as he has been fair with the players, that's what matters!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 09, 2020, 06:46:55 pm by sha66y »

The report says that DM couldn’t get back to the trialists on a Tuesday because of the Bradford game but you would have thought he knew on Sunday that we had a game on Tuesday.

Sometimes stringing things out reaps rewards,

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on September 09, 2020, 07:08:30 pm by drfchound »

Once again though, it's the press and fans pushing for answers. DM dictates things not the DFP and not the fans. We should know DM is an honourable man and as long as he has been fair with the players, that's what matters!

Yep, I get that Baz.
I was posting mainly with regards to whether the players involved had been kept informed in a proper manner.
In reality I guess it would be better if he (DM) hadn’t publicly said when the trialists were going to be informed of his decision.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on September 09, 2020, 07:17:01 pm by PDX_Rover »
Judge Jules?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012