Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:18:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS Test and Trace App  (Read 15133 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: NHS Test and Trace App
« Reply #60 on September 28, 2020, 09:46:59 pm by Filo »
Now this I can't defend.

https://twitter.com/doctor_oxford/status/1309756246321438721?s=19

How can an "NHS" app not validate an NHS test?

And on that note I’ve now uninstalled the app, totall useless if it only recognises serco tests

Hows that social conscience of yours shaping up?

Fine, thanks for asking

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 29, 2020, 11:08:55 am by silent majority »
Now this I can't defend.

And on that note I’ve now uninstalled the app, totall useless if it only recognises serco tests

Fine, thanks for asking

Such a cop out. Tell me, do you wake up every morning determined to find something to be indignant about?

The app is a part of the T&T system, its not just there to record tests and I would assume everybody with a desire to protect those nearest and dearest would install it. I certainly wouldn't expect responsible people to be determined to find a half baked reason to remove it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 29, 2020, 11:54:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
SM

I agree with you that we should be using this app. But I think you need to accept that some people are sick to the back teeth of being lied to and misled by this Govt. Labelling a Deloitte/Serco project an "NHS App" is insulting to people's intelligence, but sadly all too typical of the way this crisis has been managed.

I myself said loudly at the start of the crisis that we needed to get behind the Govt and we needed to be guided by them if we were going to minimise the scale of the crisis. On the very day I said that, we got the first lie from the Govt when Hancock said on QT that the Govt had been liaising with supermarkets over getting supplies to the vulnerable. They hadn't. That was the first of a torrent of lies and half-truths. On the very topic of the App, Hancock was pushing it vigorously in the Spring, then when the first trials were poor, played down the need to have an App, now pushes it as vital to the control of the virus. That is typical of the news agenda management that has been prioritised over a consistent and firm message. On top of all that, the Govt has given out hundreds of millions of pounds in uncontested contracts to companies with little track record in the tasks set for them, but in several cases, a long history of funding the Tory party.

You can't have a Govt act like that and then criticise people for not trusting them. And I shouldn't need to say this but I truly wish that this wasn't the case. I wish we'd had responsible, strong and correct leadership from the start and if that had buttressed Johnson's popularity, fine. But we haven't.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 29, 2020, 12:03:08 pm by Donnywolf »
Riddled with lies for years and here is the only truth Gove has told in years ... and to his credit he was proved 100% CORRECT. Watch it - it is worth it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677028

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on September 29, 2020, 12:17:33 pm by silent majority »
BST,

I'm not going to disagree with anything you've posted on this subject, apart from one issue which I'll come to. But that's not the point I was addressing. It's the politicizing of everything that annoys me. Are we going to let the good become a victim of the best? It might not be the ideal app, it might not have all the bells and whistles people would want to see, but it does serve a purpose and appears to do that reasonably well. It will add to the jigsaw of complex issues that will eventually contain this virus.

Its the flippancy and indignation that some people use as an excuse to not comply that worries me. Certain people from day one said they wouldn't use this app when it was up and running, yet surely in an environment we're all living in we should take the precautions that are offered? I fail to see that the dislike of the Tory party decides whether we should install an app or not. As a member of this society I'll do my best to keep those around me safe and its got bugger all to do with this government. That doesn't mean I like them, agree with them or whatever. What it means is we are faced with a shit show which will get worse if we adopt the attitude that whatever the government touches can't be trusted. We have to trust the scientific community, and I hope that they are driving these issues from behind the scenes.

The one issue I disagree with you though is that the NHS app isn't an NHS app. I work for a global manufacturer of products, we have 70 factories dotted around the world, yet even we can't produce everything we need. We will employ others to build and deliver products for us. The fact it isn't made by us is completely irrelevant, it has our name on the box and that's all that matters.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 29, 2020, 12:47:05 pm by ravenrover »
Can we really trust anything this shower does or says? As for downloading the NOT the NHS app that is purely a personal choice as for the NOT the NHS track and trace ............

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 29, 2020, 12:54:33 pm by Filo »
Now this I can't defend.

Fine, thanks for asking

Such a cop out. Tell me, do you wake up every morning determined to find something to be indignant about?

The app is a part of the T&T system, its not just there to record tests and I would assume everybody with a desire to protect those nearest and dearest would install it. I certainly wouldn't expect responsible people to be determined to find a half baked reason to remove it.

I downloaded the app on it’s release day, when it came to light that only private serco tests were able to be processed by it, that made my mind up to delete it, it’s not fit for purpose if it can’t process the vast majority of tests, if it were a Political decision by me I would n’t have downloaded it in the first place, I want it to work I want to get some normality back, and I want an app that would be inclusive of all tests not just private tests, at the moment we don’t have that from our “world beating” app

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 29, 2020, 01:12:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SM

When it was launched, the App didn't allow you to upload details of any non-Serco COVID test! And yet they call it an NHS app. THAT is what I mean by the half-truths that make people instinctively mistrust this Govt.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 29, 2020, 04:34:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Whether you trust them or not it's worth having. Some places I visited last week said one of the group had to use the app or you don't enter.  I tend to agree with that stance.

It's not perfect, neither is the government, but you can get the bloody app and still criticise it etc.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 29, 2020, 05:07:53 pm by MachoMadness »
I've got the app. If you have an Android or Apple phone (which 99% of people with smartphones will do) there's no additional security risk as it's based on their platforms anyway. And all your NHS data is in Cummings' little goblin hands anyway, so that ship has long since sailed.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 29, 2020, 06:21:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually, ALL your Govt data is in Cummings's hands. The Govt quietly announced on the day Parliament broke for the Summer that as of that day, the Cabinet Office which Cummings runs is now responsible for ALL Govt data.

So Cummings, who illegally used data mining to decide who to target lies to in the Brexit campaign, now knows what tax you pay, what car you drive, whether you have a TV licence and the last time you were tested for clap.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but anyone who isn't shit scared by that is either living in a hole in the ground or just not thinking about it.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 30, 2020, 06:54:39 pm by Not Now Kato »
The 'NHS' app is killing the battery on both mine and my wife's mobile phone!  It's clear that the app, like the book a test web site app, hasn't been tested properly!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 30, 2020, 07:18:34 pm by drfchound »
Just a thought on the running down on the phone batteries.
If I use my GPS tracking on my phone to Fitbit watch when I go out on my bike for three or four hours the phone battery always runs down more quickly than when I am not using the GPS facility.
Would this not be a reason why the NHS App runs phone batteries low quickly and if so, why is it such a surprise to people.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 30, 2020, 07:34:50 pm by Janso »
Correct, but there's ways you can optimise the app to have as little an effect as possible on your battery.

You'd imagine that the government would have had that seen to, until you look at their track record...

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 30, 2020, 09:56:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I agree it's a battery killer but I find everything Bluetooth is not just this app.  I tend to only switch it on in the car or syncing my Garmin watch.

I will have it on out and about now though, it's the right thing to do.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 01, 2020, 10:07:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
OK.

The Serco App has just sent a notification to my phone. It said on a banner at the top of my screen "Someone you were close to has repo..."

I click on the notification banner and it vanishes.

I open the App. Nothing.

So what do I do now?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 01, 2020, 10:12:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK.

The Serco App has just sent a notification to my phone. It said on a banner at the top of my screen "Someone you were close to has repo..."

I open the App. Nothing.

So what do I do now?
That happened to me today too!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 01, 2020, 10:20:37 pm by Janso »
Happened to me yesterday. You'd have thought at the very least that it'd tell you WHERE the notification was triggered.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 01, 2020, 10:35:21 pm by IDM »
So there’s no certainty that was a real notification or not.?

This is my concern over the app - how it works and if it doesn’t work properly..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 02, 2020, 08:26:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
OK.

I open the App. Nothing.

So what do I do now?

Just happened again. This is a right chuffing mess.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 03, 2020, 10:53:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »
OK.

I open the App. Nothing.

So what do I do now?

Just happened again. This is a right chuffing mess.

And again at 4am this morning.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 03, 2020, 11:53:37 pm by SydneyRover »
'technical' issues delayed the release of worse figures till 900pm Sat and will me

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 05, 2020, 09:08:58 am by EasyforDennis »
So I have downloaded the Serco track and trace app app and gone into my local cafe this morning. Scanned the code on the table to check in and guess what? Yep you got it. It doesn't register it.

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on October 05, 2020, 10:12:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
That's odd as every single one I've done has worked so far in all parts of the country.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on October 05, 2020, 10:14:09 am by EasyforDennis »
That's odd as every single one I've done has worked so far in all parts of the country.

lucky you

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 05, 2020, 11:40:41 am by SydneyRover »
Different phones, is there a list of phones that accept the app?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 06, 2020, 12:54:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I've had four of those erroneous "someone you were near..." messages today. What an utter bloody shambles. Why can't we get any of these systems to work properly?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 06, 2020, 12:55:56 am by MachoMadness »
I haven't had any. I feel left out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 06, 2020, 12:56:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just had another one while typing! Do you want mine?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012