Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:50:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bye bye BBC  (Read 5977 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Bye bye BBC
« on September 26, 2020, 08:46:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus f**king wept.

Charles Moore who, as editor of the Telegraph,campaigned for years against the BBC is to be made head of the BBC.

Paul Dacre, who, as Editor of The Mail turned it into the disgusting, truth-perverting shitrag it is today is to be made head of the broadcasting standards watchdog.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1309903624374546433

God al-f**king-mighty.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Bye bye BBC
« Reply #1 on September 26, 2020, 08:51:22 pm by idler »
Blatant cronyism and possible future news manipulation.
Why should anybody be surprised?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 26, 2020, 11:18:40 pm by MachoMadness »
Couple that with Andrew Neil's new Fox News-like news channel and there are some worrying times ahead.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 26, 2020, 11:42:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
How on earth Neil was able to be the BBC's chief political interviewer, when he is chairman of the Tory party Spectator magazine, and has been associated for years with the far-right Institute for Economic Affairs is beyond me. The IEA link in particular should have been grounds for debarring him from any senior BBC role. They are a massively partisan lobbying organisation who have refused for 60 years to reveal who funds them, but who are believed to be connected to major American companies wanting free access to UK markets.

And then there was that incident when he worked with Arron Banks to cause a massive misogynistic pile-on of an award-winning female journalist who was investigating Russian interference in our elections. That alone should have got him sacked from any BBC job. But he was allowed to continue without ever apologising for it.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 27, 2020, 12:27:13 am by MachoMadness »
Not to mention his ties to climate change deniers. I suspect, BST, with our own Fox News on the horizon, you ain't seen nothing yet from him. I really think that will be the thing that tips us past the point of no return as a country, culturally.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 27, 2020, 09:17:54 am by SydneyRover »
The demise of the bbc at the hands of the tories is dancing to the tune of murdoch and their own long term survival it's dispicable but not unexpected.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 27, 2020, 09:45:41 am by Bentley Bullet »
At least the new regime might get rid of extreme right-wing biased shows like Have I Got News For You and The Mash Report, and the Question time Brexit era! About time it restored the balance!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 27, 2020, 06:29:11 pm by wilts rover »
Question Time. The programme on which the politician who has made the most appearances has failed to win a Westminster seat three times and the woman who chooses the audience is literally a member of Britain First.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 27, 2020, 06:36:53 pm by idler »
I hope that you use the term politician loosely in this case Wilts.
Rabble rouser would be more appropriate.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 27, 2020, 06:41:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Question Time. The programme on which the politician who has made the most appearances has failed to win a Westminster seat three times and the woman who chooses the audience is literally a member of Britain First.
Caroline Flint? She served as an MP for 22 years!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 28, 2020, 12:02:47 am by RobTheRover »
Farage should have never been anywhere near it. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 28, 2020, 12:07:06 am by Bentley Bullet »
Farage should have never been anywhere near it. 
Why?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 28, 2020, 08:22:37 am by wilts rover »
Caroline Flint? She served as an MP for 22 years!

I thought you were taking about the Brexit era. Seeing as how you said the Brexit era. Or did the Brexit era begin when Caroline Flint became an MP, 15 years before the term Brexit was invented?

Then again after checking I see that even during the 22 years Caroline Flint was an MP, Mr Brexit was on Question Time nearly twice as many times as she was.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 08:27:41 am by wilts rover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 28, 2020, 09:58:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
I was talking about since the Tories got in power in 2010, right through to the Brexit era when the Question time panel would consist of One Brexiter, Four Remainers and a Remainer Chairperson in the name of balance!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 28, 2020, 10:17:42 am by SydneyRover »
Bias would have to be observed across the whole of programming tv, radio, and online for a period of time to be accurate I would have thought. If you are going to point to particular people and say whether they are left or right what would be the case for a single broadcaster in a program, would you say that 4R + 1L for an hour = 1 person say L for an hour or R? the 5 people can't all talk at once?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 28, 2020, 10:23:32 am by wilts rover »
I was talking about since the Tories got in power in 2010, right through to the Brexit era when the Question time panel would consist of One Brexiter, Four Remainers and a Remainer Chairperson in the name of balance!

That was clever of you. Working out how people voted in a referendum 6 years before it happened. None of the episodes of couse before 2016 would have anything to do with the outcome of that referendum. If they discussed a referendum before 2015 it would be whether or not to have one.

Still taking 2010 as the cut off point, Mr Brexit did have twice as many appreances as Caroline Flint.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 28, 2020, 10:32:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
....Of course, HIGNFY is not quite as unbalanced as QT. HIGNFY only has 3 left-wing biased panellists along with a left-wing biased guest presenter taking the piss out of 1 right-wing panellist!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 28, 2020, 10:39:06 am by wilts rover »
I see it as another massive own goal by Cummings/Johnson btw. And just another tabloid plant they have not properly thought through.

Either he wont appoint them - in which case his right-wing supporters will go mad.

Or he will appoint them and Moore will do what he always said he would do and slash funding and programme content. Bye/bye live sport (on tv & radio) local radio & tv full stop (lot of nice buildings there to flog off) expensive drama, world service, etc.

A new DG isn't just for Question Time - they are for the whole of the BBC.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 28, 2020, 10:40:11 am by wilts rover »
....Of course, HIGNFY is not quite as unbalanced as QT. HIGNFY only has 3 left-wing biased panellists along with a left-wing biased guest presenter taking the piss out of 1 right-wing panellist!

Dunno mate don't watch it. I am surprised you do if you don't like it - but there you go.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 28, 2020, 10:40:16 am by Axholme Lion »
BBC is Marxist BLM anti British crap. Brexit Bashing Corporation. The TV licence has to go NOW!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 28, 2020, 10:40:26 am by Bentley Bullet »

That was clever of you. Working out how people voted in a referendum 6 years before it happened. None of the episodes of couse before 2016 would have anything to do with the outcome of that referendum. If they discussed a referendum before 2015 it would be whether or not to have one.

Still taking 2010 as the cut off point, Mr Brexit did have twice as many appreances as Caroline Flint.

Where's the evidence that I was working out how people voted in a referendum 6 years before it happened? Do I detect you're talking b*llocks again Mr Wilks?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 28, 2020, 10:44:12 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Except it didn't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Question_Time_episodes

Might be worth checking this list BB. The memory tends to fade as you get older.

Just a quick browse and I see several QTs where there are,
Damian Green and Isabel Oakeshott
Jacob Rees Mogg and Julia Hartley Brewer
Arron Banks and Gisela Stewart
Chris Grayling and Lionel Shriver.
JRM and Tim Martin
Priti Patel and Charles Moore

Still. Never let the truth get in the way of a good old right wing moan, eh?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 28, 2020, 10:48:20 am by SydneyRover »
It's just not funny, a bit like right wing comedians I guess?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 28, 2020, 10:58:58 am by SydneyRover »

Didn't johnson learn his politics on HIGNFY?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 28, 2020, 11:05:45 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Something that can only have been said by someone who has obviously never read Private Eye.

PS: Were Boris, Charles Kennedy, Gyles Brandreth, Ann Widdecombe, William Hague and Jeremy Clarkson all left-wing when they were presenters?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 11:09:44 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 28, 2020, 11:08:51 am by Bentley Bullet »

Except it didn't.

Might be worth checking this list BB. The memory tends to fade as you get older.

JRM and Tim Martin

So, on half a dozen occasions the line-up was made 'fairer' by including TWO brexiters instead of the usual one - against THREE remainers and a remainer chairperson! That attempt by the BBC to demonstrate equality to the gullible certainly worked on you!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 28, 2020, 12:04:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Something that can only have been said by someone who has obviously never read Private Eye.

PS: Were Boris, Charles Kennedy, Gyles Brandreth, Ann Widdecombe, William Hague and Jeremy Clarkson all left-wing when they were presenters?

So, on half a dozen occasions they took the piss out of the presenter instead of a panellist.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 28, 2020, 12:26:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Except it didn't.

JRM and Tim Martin

So, on half a dozen occasions the line-up was made 'fairer' by including TWO brexiters instead of the usual one - against THREE remainers and a remainer chairperson! That attempt by the BBC to demonstrate equality to the gullible certainly worked on you!

1) It wasn't just half a dozen occasions. Those were all ones between late 2016 and early 2017. I got bored after that. Have a look yourself.

2) Out of interest, how do you know what David Dimbleby's vote on Brexit was?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 28, 2020, 12:36:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Plenty more by the way if you have a nosey BB.

These are just the names I recognise as Brexit supporters. and these are all from shows in the second half of 2017.

Henry Bolton and Sarah Baxter
Bernard Jenkin and Kate Andrews
Naddem Zahawi and Rod Liddle
Kwasi Kwarteng and Dia Chakravarty
Suzanne Evans and David Davies
Nick Ferrari and Liam Fox
Peter Hitchens and Richard Tice
Theresa Villiers and Simon Hamilton
Chris Grayling and Simon Wolfson
Damian Green and Fraser Nelson
Kirstie Allsopp and Charles Moore
Henry Bolton and Sarah Baxter
Daniel Hannan and Anne McElvoy
Jacob Rees-Mogg and Camila Tominey

Who'd have thought it? You making a daft claim that turns out to be b*llocks?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 12:39:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 28, 2020, 01:02:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So, on half a dozen occasions they took the piss out of the presenter instead of a panellist.

They always take the piss out of a presenter - regardless of their politics - if they can. They did it to Labour politicians who presented as well. Kinnock was completely taken apart by Linda Smith.

Try again.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012