Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oldham vs Rovers  (Read 6170 times)

danumdon

• Forum Member
Re: Oldham vs Rovers
« Reply #90 on October 06, 2020, 09:50:20 pm by danumdon »
Distinct lack of cutting edge again in front of goal, lots of build up with no end product.

I think Whiteman is struggling without a foil next to him, Gomez and especially Richards looking very much lost, i don't think this is his position and it shows more each game.

What would give for a Herbie type player  because any creativity just got up and left when Copps went off. Should of been Williams for Richards, but i can understand DM wanting to preserve Copps.

Very disappointing second half again, we overplayed it again after decent buildup and no one was willing to have a go.

The weekend game being off comes at a good time for DM to take stock and reset.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on October 06, 2020, 09:51:00 pm by Pancho Regan »
We’re playing a league two side who aren’t even playing their strongest side. They haven’t won a game yet this season, lost 3 out of 4.
We’ve played a very strong 11 and lost 2-0.
And you say the performance was good,

You’re being very critical tonight Dickos.

What did you think about the performances against Charlton and Bristol Rovers?
Haven’t heard from you for a while.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 06, 2020, 09:52:27 pm by drfchound »
dickos was commenting on tonights game though.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on October 06, 2020, 09:53:38 pm by dickos1 »
You don’t seem to be taking into account the standard of the opposition in your analysis IDM

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 06, 2020, 10:00:34 pm by dickos1 »
We’re playing a league two side who aren’t even playing their strongest side. They haven’t won a game yet this season, lost 3 out of 4.

99% of my posts aren’t negative,
I’ve been called a happy clapper dozens of times on here.
But we shouldn’t be saying we played well when we’ve just lost against a side at the bottom of the league below who played their reserve side.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 06, 2020, 10:07:16 pm by TheFunk »
It's definitely a blessing that we don't have a game this weekend. Hopefully the time will be spent with coming up with a plan B or judging by the last two second halves a plan A would be nice. We've just been beaten by two teams who have the ability to tweak what they're doing, whereas we just keep plugging away with what's not working. Now is the time for Darren to earn his money on the training ground. It's becoming more apparent that this season's loanees aren't at the level of last season's.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 06, 2020, 10:07:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
shit happens

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 06, 2020, 10:07:46 pm by Filo »

99% of my posts aren’t negative,
I’ve been called a happy clapper dozens of times on here.
But we shouldn’t be saying we played well when we’ve just lost against a side at the bottom of the league below who played their reserve side.

I’m with you on this, we were poor, plenty of possession first half, but never really troubled Lawlor, and second half for the second game on the trot we petered out and nevertested Lawlor at all. Copps usual close control deserted him first half, giving the ball away a few times, I’m not surprised he was subbed, he was making little impact in the game. Richards just looks lost at the minute and Madger has lost that energy he had in the early games. Fej looks really out of sorts

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on October 06, 2020, 10:21:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
You don’t seem to be taking into account the standard of the opposition in your analysis IDM

Aye and sometimes teams get to the semi final, final or win a cup but still end up a relegated.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 06, 2020, 11:14:56 pm by dickos1 »

Aye and sometimes teams get to the semi final, final or win a cup but still end up a relegated.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.
All I’m saying is in my opinion after you’ve lost to a side bottom of the league below who’ve played their reserves and you’ve played your first team you shouldn’t be defending the result by saying oh well it was a good performance

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 07, 2020, 08:34:49 am by DonnyOsmond »

All I’m saying is in my opinion after you’ve lost to a side bottom of the league below who’ve played their reserves and you’ve played your first team you shouldn’t be defending the result by saying oh well it was a good performance

To be fair, you can play well and still lose, it is a thing, you know?

My point has to do with everything as teams can unintentionally focus on one competition over another, which we may have done with the league and they may with the cups. Also, it's 4 f*cking games in, people were too positive when we were 3rd after 3 games but now we've had a small blip were shit. Let's judge how we are doing 15 games in at least and if we go out early in the Checkatrade and end up losing in the FA Cup to someone lower down, who cares as long as we're doing well in the league.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on October 07, 2020, 08:59:45 am by dickos1 »
We obviously haven’t done that though, look at the line up. No eyebrows would’ve been raised if that was a line up for a league game.
Of course we can play well and lose but if we played scawthorpe club and played well but lost would that be ok.
If Man City lost to barnsley do you think their fans would be saying oh it’s ok cause we played well.
We should be playing well against a league 2 reserve side but we should also be beating them comfortably

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on October 07, 2020, 09:27:43 am by EasyforDennis »

My point has to do with everything as teams can unintentionally focus on one competition over another, which we may have done with the league and they may with the cups. Also, it's 4 f*cking games in, people were too positive when we were 3rd after 3 games but now we've had a small blip were shit. Let's judge how we are doing 15 games in at least and if we go out early in the Checkatrade and end up losing in the FA Cup to someone lower down, who cares as long as we're doing well in the league.

I think you need to get a grip.

Nobody is saying we are shit. People who watched the game last are simply pointing out that we were poor in most departments. Are we not allowed to say we played badly last night against inferior opposition or would you prefer to gloss over it by saying we were unlucky?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 07, 2020, 09:33:06 am by DonnyOsmond »

Nobody is saying we are shit. People who watched the game last are simply pointing out that we were poor in most departments. Are we not allowed to say we played badly last night against inferior opposition or would you prefer to gloss over it by saying we were unlucky?

I don't think this post is aimed at me or you're reading between lines that aren't even there?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on October 07, 2020, 10:24:41 am by EasyforDennis »

I don't think this post is aimed at me or you're reading between lines that aren't even there?

Your post!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on October 07, 2020, 11:42:19 am by Alan Southstand »
At least some can call it how it is and not get accused of being negative. The last 2 games have been almost a carbon copy of one another and yet some want to just dust it under the carpet. Now, thankfully, the manager has seen fit to question the mental strength of the team, so maybe he believes there actually is something basically wrong.

Maybe DM is onto something there, but it would help if we had one or two additions to sort a few issues out on the pitch.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on October 07, 2020, 11:55:42 am by Filo »
At least some can call it how it is and not get accused of being negative. The last 2 games have been almost a carbon copy of one another and yet some want to just dust it under the carpet. Now, thankfully, the manager has seen fit to question the mental strength of the team, so maybe he believes there actually is something basically wrong.

Maybe DM is onto something there, but it would help if we had one or two additions to sort a few issues out on the pitch.

In both games DM has failed to react to changes the opposition has made at HT, he’s just let the game plod along, maybe he should look a little closer to home

TinyPortal © 2005-2012