Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:07:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game  (Read 7920 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Crewe Alexandra game
« Reply #90 on October 25, 2020, 09:12:14 am by Chris Black come back »
It is probably unfair but him and Lawlor have the same trait, likely schooled in to them at the very top end of the EPL - they must spend an awful lot of time practicing being a footballer, rather than a goalkeeper. Their distribution out with their feet is light years ahead of what keepers were expected to do just 5-10 years ago. They are playing as a distributor from the back. But the core competency of a goalkeeper is well, goalkeeping. Personally would prefer a much more solid, boring and capable keeper on shots and especially crosses, leaving it to the defence and deep lying midfielders to worry about starting play from the back.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:44:31 am by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 25, 2020, 09:16:32 am by colincramb »
The first goal was very soft. Just watched it back now and there’s no way that shot from that angle should have gone in if he had his angles right.

Aside from criticising the keeper, terrible finishing also cost us.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 25, 2020, 09:37:57 am by drfc1951 »
If someone like Copps had scored that we would be saying it was a well placed shot into the corner

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 25, 2020, 10:15:42 am by elmsallrover »
I think the lad as been excellent this season and to be fair when he been called upon he's been up to the mark he's not going to save every shot

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 25, 2020, 12:02:07 pm by ravenrover »
Well I for one wouldn’t watch to watch a team like Crewe or Fleetwood on a regular basis.
Luckily ?  our “nice” football got us two very good wins in the previous two matches.
I bet that Rovers finish above both of those two clubs this season.
Come off it Hound  if they were your hometown club I'm sure you would watch them. Lets face it Rovers have had their moments over the years

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 25, 2020, 12:04:44 pm by ravenrover »
Do you know I never knew we had professional goalkeeping coaches in such numbers on this forum. People talking about half a yard in the wrong position getting his angles right by all means comment but leave the technicalities out

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on October 26, 2020, 06:53:06 pm by jmt23 »
Its all rubbish, this is down to missed chances, fej had two golden chances, Wrights header.

I think DM had it wrong to drop Fej, (as I have mentioned in a few responses) a guy in great form, and then bring in a loanee who had never played for us before. You do not do that to any player in form, and I can only imagine what was going through his mind - I realise, we do not know if there any reasons why this was done.

It does seem to be DM's way to chop and change, although not the back two, and it does seem to work, but as an ex striker - when your in form you have to keep playing. Fej is now snatching at chances, and you just get the feeling now is under more pressure than would be normal.

You cannot complain with how we are playing though, were looking good in most departments, and a few teams are in for thumpings. I still get the feeling we will win the league :scarf:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 26, 2020, 09:28:53 pm by RoversAlias »
How many more times are we going to discuss the whole "dropping Okenabirhie" thing? John-Jules came in and made an impact, he scored a wonder goal against Charlton and had a hand in several goals as we routed Bristol Rovers. Darren Moore picks the team to win the game in front of him and it seems to be working more often than not. He doesn't pick on form and Okenabirhie is far from the only player to experience that.

He didn't miss those chances on Saturday because he didn't play earlier games, since he was playing his fourth straight from the start and had scored a superb goal just four days earlier against Ipswich.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 26, 2020, 10:03:14 pm by selby »
  At least he was in a position in the box to miss those chances, and another day would have had a bit of luck to score. Apart from Williams and Marquis we have not had a player like that who got into those positions play him regularly he will get goals and with confidence bette.
  I see both JJ and Fej as big players for us this season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on October 26, 2020, 10:04:31 pm by drfchound »
What about Heffernan selby.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on October 26, 2020, 10:27:05 pm by selby »
  A senior moment

TinyPortal © 2005-2012