Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:38:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The John Taylor factor  (Read 3540 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
The John Taylor factor
« on October 24, 2020, 08:42:18 pm by Branton Rover »
By Christ we missed him when he went off, we missed his directness & pace / we missed him as a shield in front of Halliday - this is not a criticism of Lokilo who is only a young lad making his way & there’s improvement in him - as well as all the above we missed his experience

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: The John Taylor factor
« Reply #1 on October 24, 2020, 08:44:42 pm by graingrover »
I agree and I felt the team were expecting to use him a lot today down that flank  and looked disjointed for a good while when he left the field .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 24, 2020, 09:06:43 pm by selby »
  I thought Lokilo played well for much of the game, and ended up being doubled up on in the second half. Without disrespecting Taylor he would have had to play well to be much better as an attacker, we did however  miss his covering back.
 Chances missed were the main reason we lost, plus no luck with penalty decisions  which another day we may have been awarded.
  The last thing we want is to forget the good play and we need to build on it and get more consistent, we lost this game playing OK but not at our best., there is a lesson in there somewhere.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 24, 2020, 09:54:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
At times, we just don’t have that clinical edge over teams, especially when things are not exactly going our way.

Very very disappointing result after all the good work over the last 2 games. I made the point a while ago now about playing sides who, at times, don’t want to play football and we struggle against those sides. We are very inconsistent and possibly because it’s a young side, but they have to learn and learn fast, if we’re to make an impression this season. Hopefully, all the lads injured make speedy recoveries.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 24, 2020, 09:55:04 pm by graingrover »
I am enjoying watching this team ( squad) and believe they will coo tonie to improve .Three of our loanees were unable to figure again today so we have a lot to still configure with the team .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 24, 2020, 10:01:09 pm by Padge_DRFC »
I find Taylor's end product poor most of the time. When he went off I assumed Copps would come on and therefore not fussed. If Lokilo is going to be his replacement I hope his injury isn't serious.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 24, 2020, 10:01:40 pm by 5minstogo »
He was the oldest player in our team so when he went off we were very young.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 24, 2020, 10:57:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »
He was the oldest player in our team so when he went off we were very young.

Maybe we should have abandoned it quoting the average age of the players ...... just saying like :) 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 24, 2020, 11:19:04 pm by Campsall rover »
Anybody comparing Crewe today with Fleetwood last season is on another planet imo.

Crewe tried to play a Football throughout the match. Yes they did moan at the ref on a few occasions and tried to influence his decisions & there was the usual time wasting that most teams do when ahead in the last 10 mins.
Compared to Fleetwood’s tactics at Highbury last season they are several leagues below. Premier League to National league.

Sorry put this post in wrong thread. Should be in the “let’s talk about the Crewe game”
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:07:23 pm by Campsall rover »

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 25, 2020, 05:16:05 am by stuey »
A championship player playing in league 1.   A fantastic footballer and we are very lucky to have him

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 25, 2020, 09:10:59 am by drfchound »
Anybody comparing Crewe today with Fleetwood last season is on another planet.

Crewe tried to play a Football throughout the match. Yes they did moan at the ref on a few occasions and tried to influence his decisions & there was the usual time wasting that most teams do when ahead in the last 10 mins.
Compared to Fleetwood’s tactics at Highbury last season they are several leagues below. Premier League to National league.

Sorry put this post in wrong thread. Should be in the “let’s talk about the Crewe game”

Welcome to planet Zorg.
Campsall, funny isn’t it that if someone posts something that you don’t agree with that they are always in the wrong.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 25, 2020, 10:53:24 am by RoversAlias »

They played football until they went in front, then abandoned that idea and played spoiler. Constant moaning, crying, time wasting, complaining and kicking the ball away.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 25, 2020, 11:09:44 am by Spud »

They played football until they went in front, then abandoned that idea and played spoiler. Constant moaning, crying, time wasting, complaining and kicking the ball away.

That's how I saw it too. Did the job for them unfortunately as we went ragged too.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 25, 2020, 12:14:30 pm by vaya »
The John Taylor Factor is a great name for a Jazz Fusion trio.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 25, 2020, 12:15:46 pm by DonnyNoel »
The John Taylor Factor is a great name for a Jazz Fusion trio.

Nice

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 25, 2020, 01:44:02 pm by since-1969 »
By Christ we missed him when he went off, we missed his directness & pace / we missed him as a shield in front of Halliday - this is not a criticism of Lokilo who is only a young lad making his way & there’s improvement in him - as well as all the above we missed his experience
The defeat can’t be laid at his going off , Crewe gave us a hard time throughout the game and when you don’t take your chances throughout the game you either scrape a draw or loose . 

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 25, 2020, 02:05:00 pm by selby »
In every game we have had periods of the games when we have surrendered the initiative and allowed the other side to play their game, even against Ipswich our best performance they were the best side for the first twenty minutes, v Portsmouth we end up hanging on v Oldham and Wigan we were like two different sides in different halves two teams not in our class.
   When not on top we have got to learn to tough it out, find a way to win, that is what all the teams that have beaten us this season have done, not because they are better players or team and something we can learn from.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 25, 2020, 03:02:59 pm by Campsall rover »

Welcome to planet Zorg.
Campsall, funny isn’t it that if someone posts something that you don’t agree with that they are always in the wrong.
Sorry hound I forgot to put imo.
No of course you or any one else aren’t in the wrong.
I thought this forum was about opinions. That’s my opinion.
Where hound have I said anyone is wrong.

Every post will contain an imo from now onwards is that ok. Really don’t understand you posting that hound.
IMO of course. Yes I’m being sarky now.

I have added the imo to the comment I made about being on another planet.
Crikey you have to be careful having an opinion on this forum at times.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 03:19:14 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 25, 2020, 03:14:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Agree they did Alias, but imo not anywhere to the same extent as Fleetwood last season who were a total disgrace and an embarrassment.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 25, 2020, 05:30:40 pm by drfchound »

Welcome to planet Zorg.

Every post will contain an imo from now onwards is that ok. Really don’t understand you posting that hound.

Campsall, you asked “where hound have I said that anyone is wrong”.

I thought your opening line “anyone comparing Crewe with Fleetwood is from another planet” is pretty close to saying I was wrong to compare Crewe to Fleetwood

In my opinion..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 25, 2020, 06:24:41 pm by Campsall rover »

Welcome to planet Zorg.

I thought your opening line “anyone comparing Crewe with Fleetwood is from another planet” is pretty close to saying I was wrong to compare Crewe to Fleetwood

In my opinion..
Imo you were wrong but am i not allowed to think you were wrong. Doesn’t mean you were wrong does it. Just opinions that’s all.
I don’t know whether you were at Fleetwood last season hound but if you were you would have seen the most disgraceful play acting which was even an embarrassment to their own supporters who I heard talking about it after the game.
Crewe yesterday were not anywhere near that level imo.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 06:30:30 pm by Campsall rover »

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 25, 2020, 07:48:23 pm by DMnumber4 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CDiS-7Tn_s

Jon Taylor "not" having an end product.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 26, 2020, 05:47:22 pm by scawsby steve »
According to DM it looks like he'll be playing tomorrow.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 26, 2020, 05:49:39 pm by Retdon1 »
Surprising he’s back fit fir tomorrow

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 26, 2020, 10:39:09 pm by Pancho Regan »

Welcome to planet Zorg.

In my opinion..
Imo you were wrong but am i not allowed to think you were wrong. Doesn’t mean you were wrong does it. Just opinions that’s all.
I don’t know whether you were at Fleetwood last season hound but if you were you would have seen the most disgraceful play acting which was even an embarrassment to their own supporters who I heard talking about it after the game.

So you ask ‘where have I said anyone is wrong’ and then go on to say that in your opinion hound is wrong?!

Give your head a shake. You really do spout some rubbish.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 27, 2020, 08:00:21 am by Campsall rover »

Welcome to planet Zorg.

In my opinion..

So you ask ‘where have I said anyone is wrong’ and then go on to say that in your opinion hound is wrong?!

Give your head a shake. You really do spout some rubbish.
I said imo he is wrong. That doesn’t mean he is wrong does it. Are we not allowed to all have different opinions which we personally think are right and the other person is wrong.
Sorry you are not happy with the rubbish i am spouting Pancho. I suggest you don’t read it.
I assume that’s your opinion and your not speaking for the entire forum members.

This really can be a very sad forum at times when some people want to “have a go at others” just to create animosity and start an argument.

We are supposed to be all Rovers on here aren’t we?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 08:04:33 am by Campsall rover »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 27, 2020, 08:29:37 am by knockers »
I thought you were Leeds  :chair:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 27, 2020, 01:02:47 pm by Campsall rover »
I thought you were Leeds  :chair:
If your trying to get a reaction to that then you have failed miserably Knockers.  :that: 

Although the Chair suggests your just being mischievous.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 01:10:08 pm by Campsall rover »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 27, 2020, 01:44:01 pm by knockers »
 :that:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012