Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:53:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Frank Bough  (Read 1511 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Frank Bough
« on October 26, 2020, 07:05:38 am by IDM »
Sad news this morning that legendary Grandstand presenter Frank Bough has passed away.. went off the rails a bit one time, but that’s another of my childhood memory makers gone.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: Frank Bough
« Reply #1 on October 26, 2020, 08:23:46 am by tommy toes »
RIp Frank
But I didn't like him much as a sports presenter. Much too smooth and calm. Didn't seem very passionate about any of the sport he was commenting on.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 26, 2020, 11:46:43 am by turnbull for england »
Sad news this morning that legendary Grandstand presenter Frank Bough has passed away.. went off the rails a bit one time, but that’s another of my childhood memory makers gone.

Got caught twice

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 26, 2020, 01:00:13 pm by idler »
RIp Frank
But I didn't like him much as a sports presenter. Much too smooth and calm. Didn't seem very passionate about any of the sport he was commenting on.
I remember him once pausing and then saying something like "Doncaster Rovers are now leading Oswestry Town 0-2, I used to play or played for Oswestry".

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 26, 2020, 07:12:39 pm by drfchound »
RIp Frank
I remember him once pausing and then saying something like "Doncaster Rovers are now leading Oswestry Town 0-2, I used to play or played for Oswestry".

Surely that should be “are leading 2-0” not leading 0-2.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 26, 2020, 07:17:35 pm by Janso »
RIp Frank

Depends who's playing away.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 26, 2020, 07:30:33 pm by drfchound »
RIp Frank

Have you ever said we are winning 0-2?

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 26, 2020, 07:31:49 pm by Janso »
RIp Frank

Have you ever said we are winning 0-2?

Not verbally but in text I often do.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 26, 2020, 09:40:38 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
RIp Frank

F.F. SAKE have you got sex on the brain

Feels like that point in the night where you know you're gonna get your end away and you're just waiting for her to start tugging at yer britches.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:43:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 26, 2020, 10:09:58 pm by idler »
RIp Frank
Yes we were away so I put the score that way round. He did say 2-0.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 26, 2020, 10:14:18 pm by drfchound »
As I said earlier, no one ever says we are winning 0-2.......and he was speaking, not writing it.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 26, 2020, 10:24:36 pm by idler »
He might have said Doncaster have scored again or a second and Oswestry are now losing 2-0. I did say he said something like. It was about 20 years ago so my memory isn't the best but at the end of the day he commented on the score and mentioned having played for them. 🙂

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 26, 2020, 10:46:23 pm by Janso »
RIp Frank

F.F. SAKE have you got sex on the brain

Feels like that point in the night where you know you're gonna get your end away and you're just waiting for her to start tugging at yer britches.
Good to see our resident space cadet out and about.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 26, 2020, 11:51:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He might have said Doncaster have scored again or a second and Oswestry are now losing 2-0. I did say he said something like. It was about 20 years ago so my memory isn't the best but at the end of the day he commented on the score and mentioned having played for them. 🙂

Idler.

I've got news for you mate. I think you'd better sit down.

It was 46 years ago.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 26, 2020, 11:53:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
In fairness, old Frank didn't blanch at playing away. Just imagine that avuncular face on the vinegar strokes.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 27, 2020, 12:18:13 am by idler »

Idler.

I've got news for you mate. I think you'd better sit down.

It was 46 years ago.

I don’t know how I made that mistake. I remember being sat in my dad’s in Balby when I heard it. I guessed at about 1980 which was when I had already moved to Bradford. It shows how fast time goes by.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 28, 2020, 08:00:22 am by tommy toes »
I went to that game with Balby lads Tom B and Johnny B.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 28, 2020, 03:19:31 pm by Axholme Lion »
RIp Frank

Sounds like he was with a couple of brasses and a bag of cecil.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012