Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:26:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CorBIN LADEN with the problem of accepting "reality" ?  (Read 3393 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: CorBIN LADEN with the problem of accepting "reality" ?
« Reply #1 on October 29, 2020, 04:04:24 pm by bpoolrover »
So many people slate the tories and probably rightly so, but out of the last 4 labour leaders 1 took us into a illegal war and 1 is suspended yet there are hundreds of pages slagging the tories.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 29, 2020, 04:16:37 pm by Draytonian III »
Corbyn was the best that happened to the Conservative party at the last election

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 29, 2020, 04:27:53 pm by EasyforDennis »
So many people slate the tories and probably rightly so, but out of the last 4 labour leaders 1 took us into a illegal war and 1 is suspended yet there are hundreds of pages slagging the tories.

Is that the illegal war backed by both sides in the HOC? There are more dodgy cabinet ministers in this government than in any government in history with absolutely no accountability whatsoever. Contracts given to none existant companies, contracts for PPE that doesnt work, ferry companies who did not exist. A track and trace that is at best poor. But don't worry we still have 2 days left to Operation moonshot. Are you sure this isn't a new series of Monty Python?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 29, 2020, 04:48:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Did he tell the hoc there was no imminent threat by saddam?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 29, 2020, 05:05:14 pm by EasyforDennis »
Did he tell the hoc there was no imminent threat by saddam?

Was that the information he was given?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 29, 2020, 05:30:03 pm by bpoolrover »
According to the chilcot enquiry

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 29, 2020, 07:38:04 pm by EasyforDennis »
According to the chilcot enquiry

Talking of enquiries. What happened to the Priti Patel bullying and Russian interference in the GE ones?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 29, 2020, 10:36:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Love how Blackpool goes quiet when challenged. :laugh:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 30, 2020, 07:13:54 am by Donnywolf »

I suppose it is the crazy voting system we have and which people will have seen me mention before BUT at the last GE the current Govt got just 43% of the votes cast and yet are free to implement any Policies / Bills they see fit withan untouchable 80 Seat majority

Only 66 per cent (a bit lower actually) voted and the other third did not or could not vote - a lot saying "my vote is meaningless"

Tories had 1394108 Votes cast for them and the next 2 Parties numerically (Labour Lib Dems) had 13,967,696 between them and we can and do discuss everything each major Party does or does not do and has and hasnt done and I am not surprised given those bare stats that we The Forum we the Media we Doncaster we South Yorkshire and we the Country are split asunder. Ignoring the other votes cast half of us want Tory Govt and half of us dont. So I dont think it is surprising that all the above splits exist

I have ignored the rest of the results where of course the DUP might add their 244,147 voters voices to any debate across the UK and similarly the SNP whose 1,242,380 votes might be anti Tory and as you see thats a further 1 Million voters who didnt want the Tories and probably lots didnt want Labour either

I realise this is a simple mans simplistic view but wherever you look - the Referendum for example also produced a result also close to 50 50 as makes no difference except the 52 48 ish took us as the UK out of the EU AND I would expect the 48% would have something to say and that is proven wherever you look

The voting system is not going to change and neither will peoples views if they voted against something or someone they are not just going to shut up and say nowt - they WILL protest and try to change the outcome next time round surely ?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 30, 2020, 01:09:19 pm by EasyforDennis »

I suppose it is the crazy voting system we have and which people will have seen me mention before BUT at the last GE the current Govt got just 43% of the votes cast and yet are free to implement any Policies / Bills they see fit withan untouchable 80 Seat majority

Only 66 per cent (a bit lower actually) voted and the other third did not or could not vote - a lot saying "my vote is meaningless"

Tories had 1394108 Votes cast for them and the next 2 Parties numerically (Labour Lib Dems) had 13,967,696 between them and we can and do discuss everything each major Party does or does not do and has and hasnt done and I am not surprised given those bare stats that we The Forum we the Media we Doncaster we South Yorkshire and we the Country are split asunder. Ignoring the other votes cast half of us want Tory Govt and half of us dont. So I dont think it is surprising that all the above splits exist

I have ignored the rest of the results where of course the DUP might add their 244,147 voters voices to any debate across the UK and similarly the SNP whose 1,242,380 votes might be anti Tory and as you see thats a further 1 Million voters who didnt want the Tories and probably lots didnt want Labour either

I realise this is a simple mans simplistic view but wherever you look - the Referendum for example also produced a result also close to 50 50 as makes no difference except the 52 48 ish took us as the UK out of the EU AND I would expect the 48% would have something to say and that is proven wherever you look

The voting system is not going to change and neither will peoples views if they voted against something or someone they are not just going to shut up and say nowt - they WILL protest and try to change the outcome next time round surely ?

Its the way of the world. In the US the vast majority of the population didn't want Trump. Their system of electing their president is even crazier than ours.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 30, 2020, 01:46:33 pm by selby »
 Donny love your backing of Easy for Dennis when he changes the subject when in the doo doo. obviously Priti is innocent and those bollocked were useless.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 30, 2020, 04:23:15 pm by EasyforDennis »
Donny love your backing of Easy for Dennis when he changes the subject when in the doo doo. obviously Priti is innocent and those bollocked were useless.

I would have thought changing the subject was something you agreed with Selby. After all your mate Doris and his cabinet have turned it into an art form.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 30, 2020, 07:23:20 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
skybet have today cut the odds on

the Manchester mayor being the next labour leader from 11/1 to 8/1

wouldn't for a moment think he got the whip withdrawn "deliberately" to undermine "Sir"

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=278071.0

he has a habit (like others on here !!!) of living in his own world.

"Returning to the UK in 1971, he worked as an official for the National Union of Tailors and Garment Workers.[40] Corbyn began a course in Trade Union Studies at North London Polytechnic but left after a year without a degree after a series of arguments with his tutors over the curriculum"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Corbyn

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 30, 2020, 08:33:24 pm by IDM »

Ok here we go again.

The current government has royally f**ked up brexit - regardless of how individuals voted, they aren’t doing very well.

Their handling of the pandemic turned into a clusterf**k quicker than they reacted to the virus.  It continues to be so.

Which party is in government now.?

Which party therefore is currently subject to most criticism.?

You do the math.!!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 30, 2020, 10:13:04 pm by bpoolrover »
Love how Blackpool goes quiet whhen challenged. :laugh:
challenged about what? How am I meant to know when the enquiry is? It’s a stupid question really don’t you think? And as the thread is about corbyn not Patel maybe talk about that?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 31, 2020, 01:31:27 am by bpoolrover »

Ok here we go again.

The current government has royally f**ked up brexit - regardless of how individuals voted, they aren’t doing very well.

Their handling of the pandemic turned into a clusterf**k quicker than they reacted to the virus.  It continues to be so.

You do the math.!!

I have said people are probably right for slating the tories, what gets me is someone mentions issues with the Labour Party and there is no discussion or anything all that happens is the thread gets taken over by continuing to slate the tories lol

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 31, 2020, 07:03:31 am by IDM »
You mean Labour as it was under Corbyn.?

They got their slating last December.!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 31, 2020, 09:40:58 am by Donnywolf »

Ok here we go again.

You do the math.!!

I have said people are probably right for slating the tories, what gets me is someone mentions issues with the Labour Party and there is no discussion or anything all that happens is the thread gets taken over by continuing to slate the tories lol

I did (what I thought) was a decent reeply to this point in Reply #9 above but I suppose answering in a different way people who have a beef / gripe / complaint with a Pub / Cafe / Restaurant are the ones who dive on Tripadvisor generally and complain the most

So I believe its the same here - at the moment it is the Tories that people are griping about because they are in power - and from my earlier reply more (nay lots more) people did not vote for them than actually did somewhere around 4 million more (cant be bothered to count exactly) - and they are the people who will complain the most - as sure as if they had ordered a Steak well done and it came as pink as hell

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 31, 2020, 10:04:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
More people voted for the Tory party than any other party.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 31, 2020, 10:06:16 am by Filo »

Classic whataboutery yet again, it’s about the here and now, not the past

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 31, 2020, 10:07:51 am by Bentley Bullet »

Classic whataboutery yet again, it’s about the here and now, not the past

....But if I was up to Labour voters, the situation would be here and now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 31, 2020, 11:00:31 am by drfchound »

None of the usual suspects have mentioned that BB.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 31, 2020, 12:09:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The sun came up this morning. I haven't seen anyone mention that in this discussion.

Some things are so bleeding obvious, they are taken as axiomatic.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 31, 2020, 12:11:23 pm by drfchound »
You wouldn’t believe that to be true though BST when people are consistently saying that our electoral system is wrong and that the Tories only received ?% (fill in as appropriate) of the national vote.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 31, 2020, 12:15:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Several things can be true simultaneously.

In the 2019 election:
1) More people voted Tory than for any other single party.

2) More people voted for left/centre-left parties than voted for right wing parties.

3) More people voted for parties that opposed Brexit than voted for parties that supported Brexit.

Yet here we are. A very right wing Govt and Brexit.

Funny thing, democracy, int it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 31, 2020, 12:19:35 pm by drfchound »
Yes it sure is.
However you jumped on my post,  which backed up what BB had said.
In simple terms the statement made by BB is correct isn’t it.
The other things you mentioned in your points 2 and 3 are not relevant to that statement even though they are correct.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 31, 2020, 12:27:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

A) The Tories won more votes than any other party in 2019.

B) Our electoral system is wrong.

Both those statements are correct in my opinion. A) doesn't really need saying because it is bleeding obvious. Like the statement that the sun came up this morning.

B) requires substantiating. Which is why I noted points 2 and 3 in the earlier post.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 31, 2020, 12:38:10 pm by EasyforDennis »

Yes but the combined votes of people who voted for all the other parties totalled more than who voted for the Tory party!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 31, 2020, 12:45:27 pm by drfchound »

Yes but the combined votes of people who voted for all the other parties totalled more than who voted for the Tory party!!

So that is two people now who are picking up on a true posting and changing it into something else.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012