Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:56:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: US Election  (Read 11994 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: US Election
« Reply #30 on November 04, 2020, 11:41:25 am by bpoolrover »
Trump is like the vote remain of brexit, have a vote then just refuse to accept the result and no doubt try and get it overturned

What a ridiculous statement
in what what way? There was a vote leave won the remain tried for the next 2 years to overturn the result! Of course it’s not the same but the principle is the same people didn’t get the result they wanted and refused to accept it

In what way? Trump wants to use the courts to negate the vote of the people. Remain wanted the people to democratically vote again on the final deal. That way.
remain wanted another referendum then when they realised they were not going to get one they changed it to a vote on the final deal

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 04, 2020, 11:46:36 am by bpoolrover »
To be fair I was not being that serious anyway

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 04, 2020, 12:28:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The bizarre thing is if there's a draw. It goes to the house state delegates to decide.  The house is democrat majority but in terms of state delegates has a republican majority. Talk about confusing.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 04, 2020, 01:59:46 pm by MachoMadness »
I think we're in for some ugly legal wrangling whatever happens, but I think Trump will win. It's been on the cards for months.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 05, 2020, 05:00:26 am by SydneyRover »
I went to bed thinking the same but it's a new day and looking a whole lot better.

The Paris Agreement Accord may be saved yet.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 05, 2020, 07:02:33 am by Campsall rover »
Trump is behaving like a third world country dictator.

The man has lost the plot completely. He is going to end up starting riots across the country.
The most divisive President in history I suspect.
He seriously thinks he can make a legal challenge to the result because he has the woman who is head of the Supreme Court on board.

Democracy. Give me a break. There is more democracy going on in Russia and China.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 05, 2020, 08:02:30 am by Donnywolf »
The irony to me "looking in" is that he says "this election is being stolen from Republican voters and is therefore undemocratic"  - so he wanted the counting stopped

He just thinks that his supporters have been "robbed" and yet they may indeed win via the Courts despite actually not winning "in the real count".

So he would be happy to accept victory of lets say 50.1% to 49.9% - even if the true figures** were exactly the opposite - but then would not have a single guilty bone in his body not shred of conscience or any cries of they (the Democrats) have had the Election stolen from them having actually "won"** with say 270

Ironic indeed

** The difficult thing is knowing definitively what those true figures are (or will be) but for true Democracy surely everyone who can vote and has voted should have their votes counted. That would be a start

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 05, 2020, 08:12:28 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
For anyone who's really geeky and has twitter. A fascinating thread here about geology, history and the us elections.

https://twitter.com/latifnasser/status/1323333293467525126?s=19

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 05, 2020, 08:19:43 am by RobTheRover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 05, 2020, 08:25:48 am by Campsall rover »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 05, 2020, 08:28:37 am by RobTheRover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 05, 2020, 09:03:03 am by Filo »
Trump supporters turning up at vote counts armed with rifles, are we seeing a major nuclear power descending into civil war?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 05, 2020, 09:08:38 am by Donnywolf »
Rudi Guliani and Trump Jnr now on the "warpath" suggesting that they needed to see every vote as "men from Mars" might have voted for all we know OR Biden might have voted 5000 times for himself

I refer them to Reply #36 above
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:11:11 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 05, 2020, 11:02:24 am by IDM »
The Spoilt bas**rd in chief wants to stop legitimate postal votes being counted.

Generally in the USA Republican supporters following Trump?s example ignore Covid.  It?s the opposite with Democrats who subsequently feel safer voting by post.
Trump knows that, and he knows that the postal votes will take longer to count, therefore the Democrat share will rise, potentially enough to win in PA etc. That?s why he?s panicking and threatening legal action without a leg to stand on.

What a stupid Kitson..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:04:58 am by IDM »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 05, 2020, 11:05:49 am by IDM »
Why is this site replacing apostrophes with question marks.?

That?s what I?m seeing anyway..

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 05, 2020, 11:07:24 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 05, 2020, 11:11:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He's far from stupid. This is all part of the plan. It might work this time. He might have enough Supreme Court poodles to pull this off. If he doesn't, there's a long term plan. Fire up the base full of ignorant banger that they had the election stolen from them. Set him.up for another run in 2024. Declare as a candidate very soon. That gives him some protection against the inevitable tsunami of prosecutions that come his way otherwise, once he's no longer President.

You have to see everything he does as protecting Donald J Trump. Then it all makes sense.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 05, 2020, 11:13:06 am by Donnywolf »
Yes and I saw yesterday somewhere :

If Trump loses he will be trying to become the next President in 2024 AND is already working on exactly that

If Trump wins he will be trying to become the next President in 2024 and is already working on that in case he wins this time

He is not allowed to stand for a third term but can anyone not hear him saying " well folks they tried to steal the election (steal it). However they failed - they failed because we and you have made the USA great again really great

In fact we've done really well (so well) polling a record number of votes - a record folks _ that you obviously want to carry on (just carry on making it great) and recognise me as the President to do it - you know I can (I really can folks)

So I will be hoping for your support - just like 2016 and especially this Election where they tried to rob us - rob us right there - as I try to change the rules to allow Presidents to serve for more than the current 2 Terms. Who is with me - let me hear you "4 more years four more years "

Crowd  dutifully take up his offer. Far fetched ? Im not sure personally. I would not put ANYTHING past him
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:16:33 am by Donnywolf »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 05, 2020, 11:14:15 am by IDM »
He?s a stupid Kitson if he can?t understand that the rest of the world can see exactly what he?s up to..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 05, 2020, 11:28:28 am by Filo »
He?s a stupid Kitson if he can?t understand that the rest of the world can see exactly what he?s up to..

He does n?t care about the rest of the World, or the damage he does to it

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 05, 2020, 11:32:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
IDM
He doesn't give a toss how the rest of the world sees him. He's been in an existential fight for years to save himself from financial ruin and prison. The whole Presidency run was part of that. This is just the next phase. He will do whatever it takes and if America gets ripped apart in the meantime, so be it.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 05, 2020, 11:46:09 am by Axholme Lion »
If Biden wins he'll be gone within a year and the Marxist will be in power. Who would have ever thought that America would become a communist state?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 05, 2020, 11:55:15 am by DonnyOsmond »
If Biden wins he'll be gone within a year and the Marxist will be in power. Who would have ever thought that America would become a communist state?

No one, as they won't be. No one in US politics is a Communist. You don't know what communism is. The furthest anyone is on the spectrum is Bernie who is a social democrat. Kamala Harris is centre-right, so if Biden goes it'll be like Theresa May taking over.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 05, 2020, 11:57:13 am by EasyforDennis »

You always guarantee a laugh AL. You should go and live in the US with the rest of the nut jobs.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 05, 2020, 12:04:23 pm by EasyforDennis »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 05, 2020, 12:19:29 pm by MachoMadness »
Weird that Kamala Harris is seen as some sort of dangerous extremist by you fascist types. Wonder why that is?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 05, 2020, 12:22:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Jesus wept. Is there any wonder the Chinese think we are stupid for having a democratic system, when people with batshit ideas like this have a vote?

There is no-one remotely close to power in the USA who is anything remotely close to Marxist. Even Bernie Sanders would be a moderate centre-left politician here. You clearly haven't got a clue what Marxism is. Nor have the millions of others who repeat this bullshit.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 05, 2020, 01:16:39 pm by Axholme Lion »
Weird that Kamala Harris is seen as some sort of dangerous extremist by you fascist types. Wonder why that is?

Because she is. How long will it be before the US will be at war with someone if this shower get in?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 05, 2020, 01:18:37 pm by Axholme Lion »

Jesus wept. Is there any wonder the Chinese think we are stupid for having a democratic system, when people with batshit ideas like this have a vote?

There is no-one remotely close to power in the USA who is anything remotely close to Marxist. Even Bernie Sanders would be a moderate centre-left politician here. You clearly haven't got a clue what Marxism is. Nor have the millions of others who repeat this bullshit.

Marxism is what Corbyn and has rag tag army of jew haters was all about.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 05, 2020, 01:21:45 pm by selby »
  As stated before I am not in the slightest bit interested in who wins an election in any country apart from the UK.
  I really think though that this could be a good election to lose over the pond.
  The reports on the cull of Mink in Denmark and Spain as  Covid has mutated  and found in the mink farms is really worrying for wildlife and stock alike if their is a chance of it getting in the food chain if it can jump from one animal to another. Hopefully a big if.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012