Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:45:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 5 Things We Learned from Sunderland draw  (Read 1254 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
5 Things We Learned from Sunderland draw
« on November 23, 2020, 09:54:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

My analysis of Saturday's barely-deserved draw with Sunderland is now up on the site. I've tried to find some positives but there is plenty to chew over from a tough afternoon for Rovers, and you can check it all out at the link below:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/5-things-we-learned-doncaster-rovers-1-1-sunderland

Please let me know your thoughts on all discussed within - let's hope I have a lot more to praise the team for after tomorrow's game with Blackpool!

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: 5 Things We Learned from Sunderland draw
« Reply #1 on November 23, 2020, 10:31:23 pm by drfchound »
Hi RA.
An interesting read.
On the goalkeeper subject, on first showing I am happier having Lumley in our goal than I was with Bursik.
He seems much more assured.
On the Lucky Pint thread I mentioned that I couldn’t wait to hear what spin DM would put on our performance, and I wasn’t surprised when I read what he had to say.
He must be one of a very few people who is happy about what went on on the pitch.
In his short time on the pitch I thought that Richards added a bit of gusto to our attacking threat and I hope he starts against Blackpool.
I would also like to see Copps get a start as he brings quality to the team.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 23, 2020, 10:45:16 pm by RoversAlias »
I think Darren likes to keep the vibe as positive as possible. If the players hear him being positive in interviews then it helps them respond for the next game and in training. I'm sure the issues at play against Sunderland will be analysed and assessed on the training ground.

If Richards and Coppinger both start I certainly would be pleased. We waited too long to get them both on in the last game I thought.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 24, 2020, 11:46:25 am by selby »
  Although I would play James at left back and bring Coppinger or Richards in myself, I would not be at all surprised to see an unchanged side as I think we can expect a similar approach to Sunderland by Blackpool.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 24, 2020, 11:48:26 am by selby »
  Another top notch read again though RA.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 24, 2020, 08:06:28 pm by godlike1 »
I think the point is that DM has learnt nothing from that game. I was worried with his comments in that he thought we played well. He needs his eyes sorting

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 24, 2020, 09:56:33 pm by drfchound »
I think Darren likes to keep the vibe as positive as possible. If the players hear him being positive in interviews then it helps them respond for the next game and in training. I'm sure the issues at play against Sunderland will be analysed and assessed on the training ground.

If Richards and Coppinger both start I certainly would be pleased. We waited too long to get them both on in the last game I thought.

Yeah, I understand his reasons RA but it would be nice sometimes if managers would tell the truth.
They could embellish their thoughts with positives as well.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 24, 2020, 10:50:07 pm by Janso »
I think the point is that DM has learnt nothing from that game. I was worried with his comments in that he thought we played well. He needs his eyes sorting

Because no one ever says one thing in public and means anything else or says anything else out of the public eye. Especially not in football.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012