Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:50:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wright & Anderson  (Read 8990 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Wright & Anderson
« Reply #30 on November 21, 2020, 07:39:11 pm by silent majority »
DM picks John at left back because of his physical size and when he feels that the opposition have that in their favour.

Sunderland had some big fella's in there today, and he needed to match up at set pieces.

At least that's what I think.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 21, 2020, 07:42:14 pm by StocksArmy »
There is a lot of "i love the club too much to let anyone criticise it" going on here. My post is negative of course it is but, points that have been raised are actual points nevertheless! You can say this and that is the reason we are not performing but we all know that starting 11 today could dismantle anyone and so could any team in the division. But its now happening regular. Its not on impulse after todays result. If we go to Blackpool on Tuesday and beat them 0-10! You will all be on here hammering me. Thats how fickle football supporters are. But come back to this post after weve put a run of 2,3,4,5 undefeated results together and i will apologise and eat my words. Even 3 wins 2 draws or 3 wins 1 draw 1 loss etc because that is what promotion/playoff chasing teams do. It wont happen
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 07:44:57 pm by StocksArmy »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 21, 2020, 07:46:30 pm by graingrover »
The OP ..what a pathetic loser of a fan .

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 21, 2020, 07:49:03 pm by StocksArmy »
The comment on Whiteman not wanting to be here is a joke. He'd have gone if he wanted to simple as that.
Hard to take you serious but Fej I find very annoying and spends the game on his heels. My honest opinion Lokilo isn't good enough and actually we'd have been better keeping Watters.
Only Darren Moore I think thinks Cameron John is a good idea at left back.
John Taylor is proving probably one of the most important absentees. Zero with. All the other wingers want to do is come inside.

Are you OK? He wants to go!. The club rejecting numerous offers are what have stopped him. If a Championship come with an offer worth accepting do you thing he will stay off his own back? Dont talk daft!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 21, 2020, 07:50:38 pm by StocksArmy »
And you are an idiot just in general. Keyboard warrior.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 21, 2020, 08:18:02 pm by dknward2 »
If Whiteman wanted to go he would hand in a transfer request so I would guess he wants to stay.

Ferji is getting no help we are either hitting it over his head or blasting it at him when surrounded by defenders.

We are missing 4 top players hopefully madger, John Jules and Taylor will be back soon it may help get performance back to where it was Vs Charlton and Ipswich

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 21, 2020, 08:23:52 pm by StocksArmy »
If Whiteman wanted to go he would hand in a transfer request so I would guess he wants to stay.

Ferji is getting no help we are either hitting it over his head or blasting it at him when surrounded by defenders.

We are missing 4 top players hopefully madger, John Jules and Taylor will be back soon it may help get performance back to where it was Vs Charlton and Ipswich

And where would that get him? A move he will get anyway

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 21, 2020, 08:27:46 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

And where would that get him? A move he will get anyway

Well it would have got him there in the summer wouldn’t it. Could have saved time playing for a club he doesn’t want to.... unless he does want to play which it obviously the case!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 21, 2020, 08:29:21 pm by dknward2 »
If I was a footballer at a club that I didn't want to be at I would hand in a transfer request and get my agent to be making calls and getting articles in newspapers and website

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 21, 2020, 08:37:00 pm by Campsall rover »
The comment on Whiteman not wanting to be here is a joke. He'd have gone if he wanted to simple as that.
Hard to take you serious but Fej I find very annoying and spends the game on his heels. My honest opinion Lokilo isn't good enough and actually we'd have been better keeping Watters.
John Taylor is proving probably one of the most important absentees. Zero with. All the other wingers want to do is come inside.

Are you OK? He wants to go!. The club rejecting numerous offers are what have stopped him. If a Championship come with an offer worth accepting do you thing he will stay off his own back? Dont talk daft!
What a ridiculous statement.
Any player who was offered the chance to play for a club in the Championship & probably double or even treble their wages would almost certainly want to go.

That does not mean they do not want to be at the club they are at now.
Nothing about the way Ben Whiteman has played this season suggests he does not want to be here.
He has been very consistent and i think he has had more MOM awards than anyone else this season.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:24:47 pm by Campsall rover »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 21, 2020, 08:50:37 pm by StocksArmy »
If I was a footballer at a club that I didn't want to be at I would hand in a transfer request and get my agent to be making calls and getting articles in newspapers and website

And then you are what is called a bad egg

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 21, 2020, 08:51:39 pm by StocksArmy »

Any player who was offered the chance to play for a club in the Championship & probably double or even treble their wages would almost certainly want to go.

That does not mean that do not want to be at the club they are at now.
Nothing about the way Ben Whiteman has played this season suggests he does not want to be here.
He has been very consistent and i think he has had more MOM awards than anyone else this season.

Well Gomes got the first 4 so so you are guessing there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 21, 2020, 09:03:37 pm by Campsall rover »

Now you are grasping at thin air.
I still think Whiteman has been very impressive. It is irrelevant how many MOM awards he has had.
To say he doesn’t want to be here is quite frankly ridiculous.

Oh by the way just because we didn’t beat MK Dons, Crewe, & Wimbledon doesn’t mean we played rubbish.
Sometimes you just don’t win because the opposition either matched the goal tally or scored more.

Did Sunderland play rubbish today?  They may have been a bit negative 2nd half but rubbish they were not, but they didn’t win did they. That’s football you don’t always get what you deserve.
Over a 46 match season it evens itself out and the final League table is the judge of how good a team you are.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 21, 2020, 09:34:29 pm by drfchound »
Stocks has the right to voice his opinion and whether people agree or not it is wrong to start name calling.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 21, 2020, 09:39:22 pm by StocksArmy »

I still think Whiteman has been very impressive. It is irrelevant how many MOM awards he has had.

Oh by the way just because we didn’t beat MK Dons, Crewe, & Wimbledon doesn’t mean we played rubbish.
Sometimes you just don’t win because the opposition either matched the goal tally or scored more.

Did Sunderland play rubbish today?  They may have been a bit negative 2nd half but rubbish they were not, but they didn’t win did they. That’s football you don’t always get what you deserve.
Over a 46 match season it evens itself out and the final League table is the judge of how good a team you are.

I am gasping at thin air though it was yourself who proclaimed Whiteman had the most MOM awards.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on November 21, 2020, 10:13:12 pm by Campsall rover »

I am gasping at thin air though it was yourself who proclaimed Whiteman had the most MOM awards.
Now you are being really childish. You know exactly what i mean. 

Yes he probably has got the most MOM awards as it happens. But whether he has or hasn’t, the fact is he has been excellent for us and isn’t playing like a man who doesn’t want to be here.

Shall we call it quits because this is going nowhere. You have made your point & i have made mine.
The jury is out and i am expecting a 9-1 majority in my favour.    :scarf:

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 21, 2020, 11:04:41 pm by Lesonthewest »

Oh dear, what a pathetic post.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 21, 2020, 11:30:41 pm by Lesonthewest »

Yes he probably has got the most MOM awards as it happens. But whether he has or hasn’t, the fact is he has been excellent for us and isn’t playing like a man who doesn’t want to be here.

Shall we call it quits because this is going nowhere. You have made your point & i have made mine.

What a ridiculous post, my guess is Whiteman was persuaded by Rovers to see how we go up to January. Me personally I would cash in & bring in a couple of misters we need to strengthen midfield with more experience & another striker. Really good player Whiteman, but he is replaceable. As for being consistent, I think he has been poor in quite a few games, today he was marshalled & made to look average.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on November 21, 2020, 11:31:00 pm by StocksArmy »

IMO hes been a passenger when the chips are down. Other than Plymouth away where he did drag us back into the game after we went 2-0 down he has only really shown how good he can be when the games have been going our way. But that has to be said for most of the team. As a previous post stated when we are good we are very good, but when we are poor...... forget it. Im speaking as a supporter who feels we have the capabilities to do something this season and if youre happy with 1 excellent performance every 3 games then prepare for another mid table season. I dont want that because I think we are better

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 21, 2020, 11:49:47 pm by Lesonthewest »
DM picks John at left back because of his physical size and when he feels that the opposition have that in their favour.

Sunderland had some big fella's in there today, and he needed to match up at set pieces.

At least that's what I think.

So we sacrifice playing an experienced left back in there, who gives us real attacking options, or a really promising youngster just so we can have physicality who looks totally out of his depth in that position. Not right in my opinion, not for the home team especially, that sounds negative.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 21, 2020, 11:55:15 pm by Lesonthewest »

Campsall, just interested to know what your take is on todays performance.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 22, 2020, 12:13:05 am by ChrisBx »
I must admit that I've taken my eye off the ball a little bit this season with everything that's been going off outside of football. After reading this post, I had to check the league table as I was half expecting to see that we'd dropped into the relegation places! Get a grip.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 22, 2020, 12:21:05 am by Lesonthewest »

Whiteman is impressive in games where we are on top, when we are on the back foot not so, he is not the only one though, Gomez is another. We need to improve in midfield big time. If it means losing our best asset to do so, so be it.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 22, 2020, 12:34:20 am by Lesonthewest »
I must admit that I've taken my eye off the ball a little bit this season with everything that's been going off outside of football. After reading this post, I had to check the league table as I was half expecting to see that we'd dropped into the relegation places! Get a grip.
Not about getting a grip for me, if we play really well & turn a good side over, ie Ipswich etc then brilliant, when we play like a group of strangers with absolutely no urgency or guidance from the manager then it's time to voice opinion & concerns. Todays performance can't just be swept under the carpet, it was awful & needs addressing. Get a grip.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 22, 2020, 01:39:57 am by steve@dcfd »
The statement that Whiteman performance today was because he wants to go is ludicrous. He was a marked man today and Sunderland’s manager was shouting at his players to get closer to him. He and we will have learn how to get past that. Because of injuries to the midfield players we've not had the same players in there regularly. The performance was poor but only one player was not playing in his natural position and that was James. 
All the others have played in those positions before. But unlike a lot on here I have no problem with John at leftback he has pace and strength. James is better in that position I agree. But as Martin says when you are playing against a big side he gives the option. Also watching the game today he came in from the left and beat Wyke in the air to head the ball which looked like a certain goal.
As I said on another thread it’s our attacking goal scoring options that worry me we do not have goal scorers in the squad.
Also Les having watched Watters and Lokilo in the U23 games last season it was Lokilo who was the better player. Watters has done well in league 2 but that does not make him a league one striker.
So let’s hope some of the injured players are available for Tuesday we need more options in the starting eleven and from the subs bench.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:54:01 am by steve@dcfd »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 22, 2020, 07:00:59 am by PDX_Rover »
Well said Steve.

We got a hard earned point today against a big side who worked hard and stopped us playing. They didn’t trouble us in terms of too many goals scoring chances and we didn’t trouble them.

Two bits of individual skill got the goals.

Sunderland set out to close us down and frustrate us and they did that very well. The challenge for DM is to figure out how we set up against teams like that. We missed Taylor today hugely. And for me, Fej needs JJ playing off him up too once fit.

Lokilo for all his pace wasn’t up to it today. Whiteman, Simms and Smith were all closed down quickly today. Credit to Parkinson for doing his homework.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 22, 2020, 01:28:54 pm by Campsall rover »

To say he doesn%u2019t want to be here is quite frankly ridiculous.

Oh by the way just because we didn%u2019t beat MK Dons, Crewe, & Wimbledon doesn%u2019t mean we played rubbish.
Sometimes you just don%u2019t win because the opposition either matched the goal tally or scored more.

Did Sunderland play rubbish today?  They may have been a bit negative 2nd half but rubbish they were not, but they didn%u2019t win did they. That%u2019s football you don%u2019t always get what you deserve.

Yes he probably has got the most MOM awards as it happens. But whether he has or hasn%u2019t, the fact is he has been excellent for us and isn%u2019t playing like a man who doesn%u2019t want to be here.

Campsall, just interested to know what your take is on todays performance.
Yes Ben had a poor game yesterday. But he has not had many this season.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:52:50 pm by Campsall rover »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 22, 2020, 01:47:48 pm by EasyforDennis »

I think someone needs to take his rose tinted glasses off sometimes before posting. Yes Stocks was way off with his post but he like everyone else is allowed an opinion. We might have differing opinions but none of us should be called losers.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 22, 2020, 01:50:31 pm by Campsall rover »
It just amazes me as soon as we have a poor game it becomes a crisis with some on this forum.
Of course DM will not be happy with the way we played yesterday.
He is not stupid he can see what we see. He may pick a different team to the one we as individuals would have picked or play in certain positions.

Teams are not going to lie down and let us play as we wish & allow us to dictate the game to our own benefit.
Sunderland came with a specific game plan which they implemented very well.
It worked up to the 93rd min.
They are a very solid outfit, well organised not a flamboyant team. They set up yesterday to achieve what they only failed by a whisker to achieve.

It is very difficult to break down a team that presses in such a disciplined manor.
They completely smothered us in midfield and we were unable to find the spark needed to brake their shackles.
Yes we were lethargic and the break it would seem did not actually work in our favour.

We are not going to steam roller through 23 teams in this league. We will have good days and bad days. The positive is we took a point from a game we were 2nd best.
That is always a big positive.
Sure we will see a reaction on Tuesday and the return of Taylor cannot come soon enough for me as he can give you that X factor needed.
It is unfair to expect Sims to be that man week after week after week.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:56:41 pm by Campsall rover »

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 22, 2020, 02:09:07 pm by The Beast »
What a ridiculous OP, what do people honestly expect??? We got a lucky draw with an excellent Sunderland side and people are hysterical. Whatever the club do is wrong, I’m more than happy with this season. We’re 11th after 11 games and still in the FA Cup, why all the drama. If we have a club at the end of all this we should be grateful, get a grip!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012