Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:23:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wright & Anderson  (Read 8883 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Wright & Anderson
« on November 21, 2020, 05:37:43 pm by StocksArmy »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

3. Fej: Please leave the club.

4. Lokilo: Praise the Lord hes only on a 1yr contract.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Wright & Anderson
« Reply #1 on November 21, 2020, 05:41:49 pm by PDX_Rover »
Jesus wept.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 21, 2020, 05:48:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Underperforming?

Before today, Sunderland had only dropped 12 points all season before today. Over the first 11 games, they have picked up points at a rate equal to 88 over a season.

Do you expect us to roll up and dominate every team, every week?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 21, 2020, 05:51:12 pm by dickos1 »
They started the season well
But they’ve won 2 out of 7 I think including cups.

The Sunderland fans have been calling for Parkinson to be sacked for the last few weeks

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 21, 2020, 05:51:49 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I’m stunned by the OP

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 21, 2020, 05:57:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
They were not good to watch today, but Sunderland have decent form in the league this season. In their six league victories, they only conceded a single goal. These included beating Oxford, Peterborough and Ipswich. Their last five in league are W2, D2, L1. The defeat was by a single goal, which was a penalty. Very dull today mind.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:00:19 pm by Chris Black come back »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 21, 2020, 05:59:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Bad performance yeah but this is a huge overreaction. Agree Moore could stand to simplify things a a bit but last time I said that James scored the winner from left wing!

Also agree on John as a left back but again the overall sentiment here is an overreaction to a poor performance

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 21, 2020, 06:01:51 pm by since-1969 »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.
Yes and you couldn’t manage a subbuteo team !!

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 21, 2020, 06:02:43 pm by StocksArmy »
Underperforming?

Before today, Sunderland had only dropped 12 points all season before today. Over the first 11 games, they have picked up points at a rate equal to 88 over a season.

Do you expect us to roll up and dominate every team, every week?

Its 11pts dropped before todays game however thats a lot of points for their budget in this league therefore "underperforming". I love how these kind of posts are subjected to the old "what do you expect" comment when in reality through media and comments coming out of the club regarding recruitment and management etc leads us to believe the club should be doing much better than they are doing. You can love the club as much as the rest of us but if you accept consistent bad performances then you will see the scenario much different to what i do. And obviously as you do disagree then fair play i dont mind that but dont come back with a comment saying "do you expect us to roll up and dominate every team every week? Because of course i dont but, this has happened regularly so far this season.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 21, 2020, 06:04:37 pm by since-1969 »
We have injuries to key players and only one centre forward ...what do you expect !!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 21, 2020, 06:07:44 pm by Campsall rover »

You being serious? What are you on?

Whiteman not looked as though he has wanted to be here all season. Please tell me you are on a wind up with a comment like that.

If some of what i am reading from you was remotely near reality i would be concerned about our Manager and the squad.
But I have never read so much negative rubbish from one post as what you have posted StocksArmy. IMO of course.

Unbelievable.  :facepalm: :headbang: :crying:

Oh sorry. Agree CJ is not a left back.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:34:16 pm by Campsall rover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 21, 2020, 06:08:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Four players out who would definitely be in the squad and probably would expect to start,

Taylor
Tulloch
John-Jules
Gomes

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 21, 2020, 06:10:43 pm by NickDRFC »
Massive overreaction but I do agree that Moore needs to be held accountable for playing players out of position. Ferguson used to get slated all the time for square pegs in round holes whereas Moore seemingly has a free pass. It’s occasionally worked but more often than not hasn’t, and the persistence in playing John at LB in particular when Amos has never put a foot wrong there is particularly baffling.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 21, 2020, 06:13:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Surprised he doesn't go with this, which would be a much better use of players in
formation he wants.

Lumley

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
Amos

Whiteman
Smith

Taylor
Sims
James

Fejiri

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 21, 2020, 06:14:20 pm by Campsall rover »
I%u2019m stunned by the OP
He is another who can only see negatives Derek. It is really sad.

All opinions are welcome of course. That is what a forum is for. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 21, 2020, 06:14:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Dramatic.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 21, 2020, 06:14:43 pm by StocksArmy »
Right ok. So.... we havent come away from games vs MK Dons, Wigan, Crewe, Plymouth Wimbeldon and Sunderland and thought "weve played shocking there" have you not? Thats over 50% of our opening 11 games but im talking tripe. Unreal!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 21, 2020, 06:20:09 pm by dickos1 »
We werent shocking against Wimbledon, we just have nobody to put the chances away

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 21, 2020, 06:22:09 pm by andyst79 »
Massive overreaction but I do agree that Moore needs to be held accountable for playing players out of position. Ferguson used to get slated all the time for square pegs in round holes whereas Moore seemingly has a free pass. It’s occasionally worked but more often than not hasn’t, and the persistence in playing John at LB in particular when Amos has never put a foot wrong there is particularly baffling.
Agree with this , easy to blame the players but the manager has to be accountable for team selection and tactics which he got wrong on this occasion. Hopefully we learn from this.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 21, 2020, 06:24:47 pm by Lesonthewest »
Moore has to shoulder a lot of the blame for that performance, he picked the wrong side yet again did tinker man. It was plain to see watching that first half that it wasn't working & a side better than Sunderland would have really gone to town on us, but he did nothing, poor management. It was like watching a well organised team against a bunch of kids who couldn't pass the ball three yards. He should have changed personnel 20 minutes in, we needed more energy & skill in midfield, James I'm afraid doesn't give us that, but he is an excellent left back, as is Amos. John isn't a left back & never will be in my opinion. Lockilo should have been pulled at half time, he spent more time on his backside than he did on his feet. When we're good we are good & easy on the eye, when we're bad we are shocking. Moore needs to have a look at himself for not either changing personnel or tactics earlier than he did.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 21, 2020, 06:27:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
Surprised he doesn't go with this, which would be a much better use of players in
formation he wants.

Lumley

Halliday
Anderson
Wright
Amos

Whiteman
Smith

Taylor
Sims
James

Fejiri
Out of the three players who could play left back Amos is the slowest on recovery and the other two are better defenders. If I was playing three at the back Amos would be the best left wing back because of his crossing ability.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 21, 2020, 06:28:25 pm by StocksArmy »
We werent shocking against Wimbledon, we just have nobody to put the chances away

HAA thats ok then. Disregarding that we were behind twice and equalized with a last minute deflection. The game was bizarre yes i agree we dominated the game but again you think phew weve not lost but we should have won. Thats not ok in football. You HAVE to win those games and when you dont you have to start answering questions. The rate were going at we will be nowhere near at the end of the season.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 21, 2020, 06:29:27 pm by andyst79 »
What made me laugh was straight from the kick off 2nd half when Whiteman pumped it long, if only we'd tried it from a few goal kicks

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 21, 2020, 06:31:36 pm by dickos1 »

HAA thats ok then. Disregarding that we were behind twice and equalized with a last minute deflection. The game was bizarre yes i agree we dominated the game but again you think phew weve not lost but we should have won. Thats not ok in football. You HAVE to win those games and when you dont you have to start answering questions. The rate were going at we will be nowhere near at the end of the season.

I’m not disagreeing with any of that, just pointing out we weren’t shocking against Wimbledon

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 21, 2020, 06:43:44 pm by Lesonthewest »
I%u2019m stunned by the OP
He is another who can only see negatives Derek. It is really sad.

All opinions are welcome of course. That is what a forum is for. 

It certainly is what a forum is for & respect due to the OP. Don't agree with it entirely but I find it sad that people find it sad. Don't see how you can say he's another one that can only see the negatives, do you mean just on todays game? or in general. If it's todays game then count me in as a negative, because that was absolute garbage. If it's in general, don't know how you would know that.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 21, 2020, 06:45:37 pm by StocksArmy »
We have injuries to key players and only one centre forward ...what do you expect !!
[/quot

Name the key players? What many would call key players would surely only be Wright, Anderson and Whiteman? If you consider Tulloch and JJ key players I cabt have a conversation with you as the 2 have been injured for longer than the season has gone on as per my OP? Gomes yes you can name him but thats only 1. Cant name Richards as the manager took him out prior to injury. So id love to know who the key players in our squad are? The starting 11 each week has 100% been capable of winning every game. Every game will never happen i know but, weve lost a lot of games where we should have won never mind scrambled a point!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 21, 2020, 06:50:55 pm by sha66y »
It wasn’t good to watch...
You don’t need a few thousand fans telling you that playing John at left back is just plain wrong..
the balance is wrong and he is bringing the other 3 down...
Not sure why the manager consistently tries to stick a square peg in a round hole.....

We need another strike partner for Fej, he cannot do it all on his own, by he time he gets an opportunity he’s probably knackered....

Lokilo should be on the left wing NOT the right wing, he is very predictable and easy to mark....

I’m starting to not look forward to the next game now......but a top six finish is looking like a pipe dream .....maybe top half is a good season to be fair..

The op said many things you have all thought and are concerned about, so don’t ridicule him but give an argument to the points raised,

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 21, 2020, 06:52:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Was poor by our standards but there are mitigating circumstances.

We gained a point. We move on.

Quite impressed with the keeper! Would agree Lokilo is not showing much ability  on the pitch and now beginning to draw the wrath from his team mates. Thankfully, we have better players to come back in.

Just a case of getting through today hopefully without picking up any more knocks.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 21, 2020, 06:55:59 pm by since-1969 »
Okenabirhie Needs support players to feed off and to supply too . All too often the pass to him unplayable and he can neither pass it off or take a shot or create an opening . DM is concentrating on possession in midfield to keep us in the game   and making use of this to create openings but Okenabirhie is left trying to find his own space when the play isn’t coming towards HIM ! We were scoring goals earlier in the season but now he’s on his own it hard  to be two places at the same time .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 21, 2020, 07:26:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The comment on Whiteman not wanting to be here is a joke. He'd have gone if he wanted to simple as that.
Hard to take you serious but Fej I find very annoying and spends the game on his heels. My honest opinion Lokilo isn't good enough and actually we'd have been better keeping Watters.
Only Darren Moore I think thinks Cameron John is a good idea at left back.
John Taylor is proving probably one of the most important absentees. Zero with. All the other wingers want to do is come inside.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012