Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:58:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wright & Anderson  (Read 8880 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: Wright & Anderson
« Reply #60 on November 22, 2020, 02:16:11 pm by Janso »
I really don't know why you're keeping up with this weird take that Sunderland were "excellent". They weren't. They did the basics well in a game where we struggled to string a pass together for long periods.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 22, 2020, 02:18:39 pm by selby »
  Ben Whiteman is our and one of League 1's best players and is wanted by other clubs because of the way he plays and has played in games.
  It is an open secret that as a club we have set a price for his transfer to another club that we will accept.
  So he knows the exact position he is in and the best way for him to get a move to a bigger club is to keep playing well and attract other clubs to meet our financial requirements, He has every incentive to do well here in every game, but is a footballer not a machine  so will not be brilliant every game.
  I have every faith in the fact that every time Ben leads the team out he has every intention of doing as well as he possibly can, as I hope and believe every player pulling our shirt on does.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 22, 2020, 02:22:38 pm by Barmby Rover »
What a waste of space this thread is, the only way Rovers can improve is by getting rid of 75% of the squad and the management team! It must be a miracle we have beaten or drawn matches against the top half teams in the division, maybe I can't see how well players have been so far, maybe we should all pack it up and just watch Prem rubbish on Match of the Day? Goodness knows what people like this expect from a Lg.1 team.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 22, 2020, 02:46:49 pm by EasyforDennis »
Maybe we should ban any posts on the forum when we get beat so as not to upset the luvvies.
To read some posts you would think would we played poorly yesterday because we was playing Liverpool not a very average Sunderland team.
Yes Sunderland no doubt did set out to stop us playing but does that excuse all the misplaced passes?
It seems that anyone who criticises the team and or players doesn't know what they are talking about and aren't real Rovers fans to some.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 22, 2020, 03:00:56 pm by Move DRFC »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

3. Fej: Please leave the club.

4. Lokilo: Praise the Lord hes only on a 1yr contract.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.

Outrageous post hahaha. Crazy how much people lose their heads after one bad performance.

We were terrible yesterday - really bad. But we've had a good season so far, some excellent results and played nice football on the whole.

Whiteman has had a brilliant season and one bad game and you want him gone. Haha!!

Sunderland don't play good football but they were incredibly hard to break down yesterday and their game-plan completely stopped us from playing.

Yes it was a robbery but playing that bad against Sunderland and still getting a point is a good sign. Also remember DM only got back on the training pitch on Thursday.

Stocksarmy - relax bro.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 22, 2020, 03:10:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe we should ban any posts on the forum when we get beat so as not to upset the luvvies.
To read some posts you would think would we played poorly yesterday because we was playing Liverpool not a very average Sunderland team.
Yes Sunderland no doubt did set out to stop us playing but does that excuse all the misplaced passes?
It seems that anyone who criticises the team and or players doesn't know what they are talking about and aren't real Rovers fans to some.
That is not what some of us are saying. It is the total over reaction by some that happens every time we don’t win is what we are commenting on.
To say most of the team are not good enough and Ben Whiteman doesn’t want to be here is quite frankly crazy.
The proof is in the pudding. We beat 4 of the best teams in this league in Charlton, Portsmouth, Ipswich & Lincoln and drew with another Sunderland.
We have Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 3  are 11th in the league with 1 or 2 games in hand on nearly all the teams above us.

People who criticise the team are entitled to do so but those who wish to criticise those people’s posts are also entitled to. Are they not? Or am I missing something here?

Every time I disagree with someone I am accused of not being reasonable by accepting their post.
Sorry I am entitled to disagree with something I read and say it is embarrassing or ridiculous if that’s what I think. Just the same as they are entitled to disagree with me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 22, 2020, 03:23:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
We, either of our own making or Sunderland's, or both, were very poor yesterday.

However, both the late AFC Wimbledon equaliser and the very late equaliser yesterday, cannot be passed off as just lucky. We have got a little extra this season. We are currently two points up on where we were last season and these points have literally come from grinding out those two late equalisers. There are some things that never change (our appalling corner routines and to a lesser extent, set pieces more generally) but digging in right at the end has changed for the better. This comes down to energy, belief and stamina.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 22, 2020, 04:17:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »
If anyone cares about xG... Shit Doncaster 0.96 - Excellent Sunderland 0.74.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 22, 2020, 06:51:01 pm by andyst79 »
We, either of our own making or Sunderland's, or both, were very poor yesterday.

However, both the late AFC Wimbledon equaliser and the very late equaliser yesterday, cannot be passed off as just lucky. We have got a little extra this season. We are currently two points up on where we were last season and these points have literally come from grinding out those two late equalisers. There are some things that never change (our appalling corner routines and to a lesser extent, set pieces more generally) but digging in right at the end has changed for the better. This comes down to energy, belief and stamina.
For all Sunderlands dominance 1st half it took an absolute worldy to beat our keeper

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 22, 2020, 07:33:35 pm by drfchound »
Despite what The Beast has said i havent  seen any hysterical posts on here about the Sunderland match.
I have seen posts by supporters who were concerned by our inability to pass the ball well and a significant lack of movement and imagination by our more forward players.

I am beginning to think TB is having a bit of a wind up at our expense.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:52:56 pm by drfchound »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 22, 2020, 08:21:10 pm by Janso »
I sure hope he's on the windup because if not and he genuinely thinks Sunderland were brilliant...

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 22, 2020, 08:21:33 pm by StocksArmy »
Astonishing that 90% of these comments from fans are happy with these lackluster performances and dont think there are any issues need addressing here. Would rather tell me I am not a real supporter, dont know what I am talking about, I am negative :headbang: Ill shut my trap, agree with all comments and be happy with another bang average season then  :bbscarf:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 22, 2020, 08:37:08 pm by Campsall rover »
Astonishing that 90% of these comments from fans are happy with these lackluster performances and dont think there are any issues need addressing here. Would rather tell me I am not a real supporter, dont know what I am talking about, I am negative :headbang: Ill shut my trap, agree with all comments and be happy with another bang average season then  :bbscarf:
Please tell me who is happy with yesterday’s performance. I haven’t seen one that says they are.
It’s the over reaction to that performance that we are commentating on.
What evidence is there we are going to have a bang average season. We have played only 11 games out of 46 and lost only 3 of those 11.   
Poor performances happen. DM will not be telling the players he was happy with it.
We have a lot of new players in the squad, young players still learning about 1st team League Football.
We are not the finished article are we. Let’s see where we are after the Christmas fixtures as that will give us a much more sensible picture of where we are as a team this season imo.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 22, 2020, 08:37:51 pm by Janso »

Do you want a hand picking your toys up or are you happy leaving them on the floor around the pram?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 22, 2020, 08:41:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
What a ridiculous OP, what do people honestly expect??? We got a lucky draw with an excellent Sunderland side and people are hysterical. Whatever the club do is wrong, I’m more than happy with this season. We’re 11th after 11 games and still in the FA Cup, why all the drama. If we have a club at the end of all this we should be grateful, get a grip!

Excellent Sunderland side? really? yes they were organised, but any good side would have put us to the sword yesterday, we were shocking.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 22, 2020, 08:42:43 pm by StocksArmy »

Do you want a hand picking your toys up or are you happy leaving them on the floor around the pram?

Will leave them out for you if youre eyeing them up.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 22, 2020, 08:48:01 pm by StocksArmy »
What a ridiculous OP, what do people honestly expect??? We got a lucky draw with an excellent Sunderland side and people are hysterical. Whatever the club do is wrong, I’m more than happy with this season. We’re 11th after 11 games and still in the FA Cup, why all the drama. If we have a club at the end of all this we should be grateful, get a grip!

What do you mean what do i expect? That begs the question..... what did you expect at 2:55 yesterday? To play like that? And excellent Sunderlan team?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 22, 2020, 08:54:17 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Wasn't the original post about Wright and Anderson.
Can't remember who signed them both, anybody know?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 22, 2020, 08:55:24 pm by Lesonthewest »
That is not what some of us are saying. It is the total over reaction by some that happens every time we don’t win is what we are commenting on.
To say most of the team are not good enough and Ben Whiteman doesn’t want to be here is quite frankly crazy.
The proof is in the pudding. We beat 4 of the best teams in this league in Charlton, Portsmouth, Ipswich & Lincoln and drew with another Sunderland.
We have Won 5 Drawn 3 Lost 3  are 11th in the league with 1 or 2 games in hand on nearly all the teams above us.

People who criticise the team are entitled to do so but those who wish to criticise those people’s posts are also entitled to. Are they not? Or am I missing something here?

Every time I disagree with someone I am accused of not being reasonable by accepting their post.
Sorry I am entitled to disagree with something I read and say it is embarrassing or ridiculous if that’s what I think. Just the same as they are entitled to disagree with me.

But there is disagreeing, which is absolutely spot on. But there is also commenting that a poster is sad? Really? You don't have to 'accept' any post, you either agree or disagree surely. But some posters seem to believe their opinion is the right one, & woe be tired anyone disagrees with it. Sad really.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 22, 2020, 09:11:39 pm by Lesonthewest »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

3. Fej: Please leave the club.

4. Lokilo: Praise the Lord hes only on a 1yr contract.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.

Outrageous post hahaha. Crazy how much people lose their heads after one bad performance.

We were terrible yesterday - really bad. But we've had a good season so far, some excellent results and played nice football on the whole.

Whiteman has had a brilliant season and one bad game and you want him gone. Haha!!

Sunderland don't play good football but they were incredibly hard to break down yesterday and their game-plan completely stopped us from playing.

Yes it was a robbery but playing that bad against Sunderland and still getting a point is a good sign. Also remember DM only got back on the training pitch on Thursday.

Stocksarmy - relax bro.

If we can get more experience in midfield I would want him gone ha ha, we should cash in & strengthen with more experience. As for him having had a brilliant season so far, I disagree, he has been hit & miss.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 22, 2020, 09:15:56 pm by Lesonthewest »

For all Sunderlands dominance 1st half it took an absolute worldy to beat our keeper

Very true, which makes us look even worse, any decent side would have thrashed us.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 22, 2020, 09:22:24 pm by Lesonthewest »

No worries, I'll pick them up & put them in yours.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 22, 2020, 09:47:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Wasn't the original post about Wright and Anderson.
Can't remember who signed them both, anybody know?

Fergie.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 22, 2020, 09:58:57 pm by Janso »

No worries, I'll pick them up & put them in yours.

What are you on about? I wasn't even talking to you.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 22, 2020, 11:02:54 pm by drfchound »
Please tell me who is happy with yesterday’s performance. I haven’t seen one that says they are.
What evidence is there we are going to have a bang average season. We have played only 11 games out of 46 and lost only 3 of those 11.   
Poor performances happen. DM will not be telling the players he was happy with it.
We have a lot of new players in the squad, young players still learning about 1st team League Football.
We are not the finished article are we. Let’s see where we are after the Christmas fixtures as that will give us a much more sensible picture of where we are as a team this season imo.

The funny thing is that after two or three games people say it is too early to be making predictions about where we will find ourselves at the end of the season.
Those people say that ten games in will give us a better idea.
Well eleven games in shows  that we are mid table.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 22, 2020, 11:14:39 pm by the vicar »
I would put Amos at fullback and move John much further up as when he goes up he causes havoc and can score a goal, just my opinion

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 23, 2020, 09:05:43 am by Campsall rover »

The funny thing is that after two or three games people say it is too early to be making predictions about where we will find ourselves at the end of the season.
Those people say that ten games in will give us a better idea.
Well eleven games in shows  that we are mid table.
Won 5 drew 3 Lost 3 suggests to me above mid table. We have 1 game or 2 games in hand on most teams.
That record so far with an even games played by all 23 clubs would put us between 7th & 9th as an average.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on November 23, 2020, 11:56:10 am by idler »
Yes we were disappointing but Sunderland have played more games than us and only lost two so can’t be that bad.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 23, 2020, 01:16:53 pm by The Beast »
I honestly think Sunderland were excellent first half, as a football fan Leadbitter was a joy to watch, his control of the game the way he pressed then dropped off to receive the ball and laid it off with one touch without looking. They were big, physical and strong and squeezed the game better than any team I’ve seen for a long time, they didn’t play entertaining, expansive football but did the ugly side of the game brilliantly. Their defenders were as big and strong as ours but better on the ball. They had better players all over the pitch, which you would expect from a club like Sunderland.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 23, 2020, 01:33:24 pm by EasyforDennis »
What I found totally frustrating on Saturday was how negative we are. It seems our first instinct is not to pass the ball forward but to go either sideways or backwards. How many instances were there when we won a free kick in our own half (even some cases only just in our half) and the ball goes back to the keeper.
I am all for the keeper passing the ball out to get things moving but when our defenders persist in passing it back to him eventually he has no alternative to boot it forward.
It doesn't matter how big defenders are, if you pass and move you will overcome their size.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012