Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: To say that was shite is unfair  (Read 5057 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: To say that was shite is unfair
« Reply #60 on November 22, 2020, 09:00:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I kid you not, I fully intended going 'draw' on PvO, but I put win by mistake! I realised immediately what I'd done but daren't change it because I thought it was a definite omen.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 22, 2020, 10:10:17 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’ve gritted my teeth and watched the game today, with the emotion/nerves taken out of it. Yes, we were poor and I think it was a mixture of them making us poor and us shooting ourselves in the foot, quite regularly.

The defence and keeper all had decent games, but, let’s be fair, how good were Sunderland in their attacking third? Probably as bad as we were for long periods. Our problems persist after the back 4 and going forward - this is what we should be discussing as supporters, rather than whether Cameron John is a left back, or not! If there was one player who looked like he was playing out of position, yesterday, it was Reece James. If BW is hounded, like yesterday, someone has to pick up the mantle and it’s got to be Smith, imho.

Further forward still and we looked slow, in thought and deed, and too many times went past a player only to stop and pass it back, only to maybe lose it on the next pass. For goodness sake, will someone start to take responsibility! All 3 behind Fej were like carbon copies of each other with movement off the ball pretty limited and giving no option for the man with it.

My final comment is reserved for Fej - I have to say he doesn’t get a great deal of help from anyone, but come on lad, watch a few games when JM was doing that thankless task and learn that you have to work a bloody site harder than you did yesterday. Credit where it’s due, you stuck at it and got the equaliser, but your work rate and anticipation leaves a lot to be desired. You’re making it far too easy for the manager to put JJ straight back in.

Constructive criticism only and pleased to get that off my chest. On to the next one.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 23, 2020, 11:38:16 am by idler »
Well said Alan. That balanced post is how critical analysis should be posted.
Factual opinion and worth ten knee jerk posts that offer no insight or suggestion on improvement.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012