Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:49:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wright & Anderson  (Read 8929 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Wright & Anderson
« Reply #90 on November 23, 2020, 06:29:57 pm by Lesonthewest »
Astonishing that 90% of these comments from fans are happy with these lackluster performances and dont think there are any issues need addressing here. Would rather tell me I am not a real supporter, dont know what I am talking about, I am negative :headbang: Ill shut my trap, agree with all comments and be happy with another bang average season then  :bbscarf:

Do you want a hand picking your toys up or are you happy leaving them on the floor around the pram?

No worries, I'll pick them up & put them in yours.

What are you on about? I wasn't even talking to you.
Well if you give out little childish digs, expect it back. I never said you were commenting to me, but I was to you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 23, 2020, 06:40:40 pm by scawsby steve »
I honestly think Sunderland were excellent first half, as a football fan Leadbitter was a joy to watch, his control of the game the way he pressed then dropped off to receive the ball and laid it off with one touch without looking. They were big, physical and strong and squeezed the game better than any team I’ve seen for a long time, they didn’t play entertaining, expansive football but did the ugly side of the game brilliantly. Their defenders were as big and strong as ours but better on the ball. They had better players all over the pitch, which you would expect from a club like Sunderland.

It's a pity their fans don't agree with you then.

They think they're tripe.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 23, 2020, 06:50:08 pm by Janso »
Astonishing that 90% of these comments from fans are happy with these lackluster performances and dont think there are any issues need addressing here. Would rather tell me I am not a real supporter, dont know what I am talking about, I am negative :headbang: Ill shut my trap, agree with all comments and be happy with another bang average season then  :bbscarf:

Do you want a hand picking your toys up or are you happy leaving them on the floor around the pram?

Well if you give out little childish digs, expect it back. I never said you were commenting to me, but I was to you.
Good for you.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on November 23, 2020, 08:28:54 pm by Filo »
What I found totally frustrating on Saturday was how negative we are. It seems our first instinct is not to pass the ball forward but to go either sideways or backwards. How many instances were there when we won a free kick in our own half (even some cases only just in our half) and the ball goes back to the keeper.
I am all for the keeper passing the ball out to get things moving but when our defenders persist in passing it back to him eventually he has no alternative to boot it forward.
It doesn't matter how big defenders are, if you pass and move you will overcome their size.

The lack of movement for me was the big thing, you could see The keepers frustration when looking to pass it out

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 23, 2020, 09:45:56 pm by Lesonthewest »

Good for you.

Thanks.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 23, 2020, 09:55:19 pm by Lesonthewest »
What I found totally frustrating on Saturday was how negative we are. It seems our first instinct is not to pass the ball forward but to go either sideways or backwards. How many instances were there when we won a free kick in our own half (even some cases only just in our half) and the ball goes back to the keeper.
I am all for the keeper passing the ball out to get things moving but when our defenders persist in passing it back to him eventually he has no alternative to boot it forward.
It doesn't matter how big defenders are, if you pass and move you will overcome their size.

The lack of movement for me was the big thing, you could see The keepers frustration when looking to pass it out

Agree with this, it was like he had been given the instruction to play out from the back, but with Sunderlands press there was absolutely no plan B or change of tactics, it was very poor management in my opinion, plain to see after 10 minutes.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on November 24, 2020, 09:31:56 pm by IDM »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

3. Fej: Please leave the club.

4. Lokilo: Praise the Lord hes only on a 1yr contract.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.

You lost any credibility as soon as I read what you out about Whiteman.

Didn’t bother reading the rest of the thread.  Pathetic.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 24, 2020, 09:37:58 pm by StocksArmy »
You have to feel for em both. I have never seen 2 centre halves so good at this club together however, they consistently concede goals because of the rest of them. I dont know where to start here.....

1. Moore: You are not Pep Guardiola. Stop playing players out of position. Wright is not a RB, James is not a CM, John is not a LB (or a CB for that matter) Why sign Richards if you have players out of their position playing in his? With the injury list as it is, you have to play him whether hes in form, just back from injury or not. What has Danny Amos done wrong? Id be requesting a transfer if I was him. IMO the board has backed him as much as they possibly can. Players hes brought in are just not good enough with the exception of Sims (who played his worst game for us today) and Smith who is the only midfielder who can be happy with his performance. The writing should definitely be on the wall for DM whether you like it or not. Team selection and performances based on the hype of his signings need to change regardless of the injury list. We keep signing kids who have no mens football experience therefore long term injuries are inevitable and performances when fit will always be hit and miss. Thats on him! I keep hearing about how good of a manager/coach he is and yes ive seen patterns of play that suggest he has worked well with the squad but 70% of the performances and results are just not good enough! Its lacked backbone since the Rob Jones era! Im sick of nice footballers!

2. Whiteman: Give him his pay day. Not looked like hes wanted to be here at all this season.

2. John: NOT A LEFT BACK FFS!!!!! Squad player only for when everyone else you can think of is injured or banned.

3. Fej: Please leave the club.

4. Lokilo: Praise the Lord hes only on a 1yr contract.

I have watched the game long enough to know that when the team on the day have 5/6 players off it you just brush it under the carpet and take it on the chin. But this performance against a team who must be low on confidence due to underperforming have come away from the keepmoat without all 3pts and I almost feel sorry for em! We now have MK Dons, Crewe and an underperforming Sunderland team who have took points from us at home which is fine it happens in a season as a one off but, when youre meant to be one of the better sides in the division and youve created next to nowt in all those games you have to start asking questions. Plymouth was the same and Wimbledon should have been done before HT. It all falls back to the manager. Its a results based sport! That today was daylight robbery. We created nothing, and deserved nothing. No urgency even in injury time! How weve come away at 1-1 i honestly dont know but the result for me just papers over cracks.

You lost any credibility as soon as I read what you out about Whiteman.

Didn’t bother reading the rest of the thread.  Pathetic.

Gutted you feel that way.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on November 24, 2020, 09:39:46 pm by IDM »
Justify your thoughts on Whiteman then.?

As influential in our win tonight as any, and scored the winner too.. doesn’t look like he’s unhappy here to me..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on November 24, 2020, 09:48:26 pm by Campsall rover »
Hope you enjoyed that win tonight StocksArmy.
Whiteman was garbage. Can’t wait to go & play for someone else.  :headbang:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 24, 2020, 09:53:55 pm by drfchound »
I think that Stocks will be delighted with that win.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 24, 2020, 09:56:45 pm by StocksArmy »
Influencial? You serious? 1st half he was as poor as anyone. 2nd half he was as good. But the change bringing Richards on won the game and moving James out wide. Strange as you pipe up now weve won. Never heard a peep after the 1st half. Sad really. Anyway, fantastic 2nd half but again papering over cracks if hes going to persist on setting us up like that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on November 24, 2020, 10:01:30 pm by IDM »
Influencial? You serious? 1st half he was as poor as anyone. 2nd half he was as good. But the change bringing Richards on won the game and moving James out wide. Strange as you pipe up now weve won. Never heard a peep after the 1st half. Sad really. Anyway, fantastic 2nd half but again papering over cracks if hes going to persist on setting us up like that.

I suggest you go read what I put on lucky pint before you have a go at my comments on the match tonight..  I was actually watching with a delay so pointless me looking at or commenting on the match thread until after the game ended,. I agreed with every one that we weren’t at the races first half so you can wind your neck in..  Oh and in the post above I made no reference to either half of the game, I was talking about Whiteman in general for the whole match, so you can double wind..

Yes Whiteman was one of our best players tonight, but my question to you is why do you have a problem with his commitment.?  Yet to see any  credible evidence - a few disappointing results proves f**k all about Whiteman.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:05:31 pm by IDM »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 24, 2020, 10:12:26 pm by StocksArmy »

I suggest you go read what I put on lucky pint before you have a go at my comments on the match tonight..  I was actually watching with a delay so pointless me looking at or commenting on the match thread until after the game ended,. I agreed with every one that we weren’t at the races first half so you can one your neck in..  Oh and in the post above I made no reference to either half of the game, I was talking about Whiteman in general for the whole match, so you can double wind..

Yes Whiteman was one of our best players tonight, but my question to you is why do you have a problem with his commitment.?  Yet to see any  credible evidence - a few disappointing results proves f**k all about Whiteman.

Im really not bothered. I use this board to put my pennies worth in based on how it looks to me and I will say it again he looks to me like he wants away. Not because hes fed up of the club but to better himself. I think a few times his heads gone down. Having said that in an earlier post i also stated that when we went 0-2 behind at Plymouth he was superb and if we did rescue a point in that game it would have been down to his efforts.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 24, 2020, 10:40:51 pm by IDM »
If he wanted away he would have gone already.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 24, 2020, 10:46:45 pm by StocksArmy »

Already had this conversation with another poster. I disagree.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on November 24, 2020, 10:47:49 pm by Lesonthewest »
[/quote

He was rubbish first half along with the rest of them, he improved 2nd half, along with rest of them. Mind you some on here think he is the messiah, sad really.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 24, 2020, 10:57:10 pm by Lesonthewest »
[/quote

Could also argue a few good performances proves f..k all about Whiteman too.

He was rubbish first half along with the rest of them, he improved 2nd half, along with rest of them. Mind you some on here think he is the messiah, sad really.

I suggest you go read what I put on lucky pint before you have a go at my comments on the match tonight..  I was actually watching with a delay so pointless me looking at or commenting on the match thread until after the game ended,. I agreed with every one that we weren’t at the races first half so you can one your neck in..  Oh and in the post above I made no reference to either half of the game, I was talking about Whiteman in general for the whole match, so you can double wind..

Im really not bothered. I use this board to put my pennies worth in based on how it looks to me and I will say it again he looks to me like he wants away. Not because hes fed up of the club but to better himself. I think a few times his heads gone down. Having said that in an earlier post i also stated that when we went 0-2 behind at Plymouth he was superb and if we did rescue a point in that game it would have been down to his efforts.

I suggest you go read what I put on lucky pint before you have a go at my comments on the match tonight..  I was actually watching with a delay so pointless me looking at or commenting on the match thread until after the game ended,. I agreed with every one that we weren’t at the races first half so you can wind your neck in..  Oh and in the post above I made no reference to either half of the game, I was talking about Whiteman in general for the whole match, so you can double wind..

[/quote

You could also argue that a few good performances prove f..k all about Whiteman too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012