Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Okeneberie  (Read 6845 times)

Robbo

• Forum Member
Okeneberie
« on November 29, 2020, 03:23:40 pm by Robbo »
Sorry but in my opinion we need a different option.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Okeneberie
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2020, 03:24:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
How about that lad Okenabirhie?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2020, 03:34:09 pm by NickDRFC »
I think some of the criticism at Fej is over the top and not really fair. He’s not particularly well suited to the lone striker role but works hard, gives defences a difficult time and has chipped in with 6 goals this season already. He’s probably knackered given he’s been ploughing a lone furrow for 6 weeks, I’m not sure he’s even been subbed off at any stage since JJ got injured. He looked poor today but I think it’s more that he needs a rest rather than he’s not up to it.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2020, 03:34:32 pm by jmt23 »
It would help if they gave him something to sniff at, I've not seen more than 4 chances in the season, other than his goals. He is being asked to run around as a lone striker, and due to this he is often way out of position when we do break.
The final ball in to the box when he is in position has never been anywhere near.

The one thing that hasn't been great from him, is his control - it often gets away from him.

He looked great in preseason, and against higher opposition in Blackburn.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2020, 03:40:28 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Think we need to get the wider players further toward they play really deep to protect the defence so no one ever gets near.He was poor today however if Lokilo sorted his crossing out he would have had a tap in.

Remember when we signed him Shrewsbury fans saying he just didn’t fit playing up top on his own which is why they let him go. Can see what they mean now

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2020, 03:45:37 pm by since-1969 »
Yes the players need to remember he’s there to score not make up the numbers . Barely  a single pass went in his direction today . If his confidence is low then the players by passing around him have contributed to it .

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2020, 03:47:39 pm by TheFunk »
Apart from the goal against Charlton does anyone really believe John Jules has been any better. He certainly wasn't today when he came on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2020, 03:51:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Apart from the goal against Charlton does anyone really believe John Jules has been any better. He certainly wasn't today when he came on.
He never got the ball. How can you possibly criticise JJ’s cameo appearance today. Give the lad a break he has been out for weeks.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2020, 03:54:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He never got the ball. How can you possibly criticise JJ’s cameo appearance today. Give the lad a break he has been out for weeks.

It's hilarious people thinking players will come back in at 100% after being out injured for over a month.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2020, 03:55:01 pm by POD »
I’ve only seen him play in the two FA Cup games against lower opposition and haven’t been impressed although his work rate is unquestioned.   If we are to play a lone striker each game, I don’t think that he is going to fit that role and we need another option in January. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2020, 03:59:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
John Jules was far better when he came on. He made intelligent moves off the defenders to give himself space to receive the ball and lay it off. Much as I want Fej to be a success, I thought he was awful today.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2020, 04:00:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he needs a rest. Appreciate he has a thankless task but there are some basic things he can do better and one of those is keeping possession of the ball. I don't expect him to win everything but when he does get possession, work harder to keep it.

He can't be described as a handful at the moment so we do need someone who can make it harder for a back four.

Thought it was significant he dropped wide for JJ to take up a more central role.

Maybe dropping to the bench for a game or two will help him recharge and refocus.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2020, 04:02:18 pm by GazLaz »
I really liked Fej but the more I see of him the worse he seems to get. TJJ is your typical top academy graduate, hard working, athletic and a clever runner.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2020, 04:14:38 pm by Belle_Vue »
Just hope no one mentions Watters scored again

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2020, 04:17:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
Slow doesn’t anticipate sorry we need another centre forward Let’s hope JJ can do it not sure he can but we’ll wait and see.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2020, 04:23:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So what (Watters) Apart from it being good for him! We had the same wake when Alfie left us last season when he scored a few. I watched him, Blair and Williams yesterday and you wouldn't want any of them back.

With not having a development team this year, was always going to be difficult to give Watters the games he needs and with JJ and Tulloch signed up, he was never likely to get much of a chance so you can understand why DM was fair, and let him go.

We have to deal with the now and not linger on what might have been.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2020, 04:27:37 pm by andyst79 »
I think some of the criticism at Fej is over the top and not really fair. He’s not particularly well suited to the lone striker role but works hard, gives defences a difficult time and has chipped in with 6 goals this season already. He’s probably knackered given he’s been ploughing a lone furrow for 6 weeks, I’m not sure he’s even been subbed off at any stage since JJ got injured. He looked poor today but I think it’s more that he needs a rest rather than he’s not up to it.
Not a hold up player at all, the way we play at the minute we need someone in the Ilk of Chris Brown

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2020, 04:30:15 pm by graingrover »
You could start by making a bit more effort than you accuse him of lacking and SPELL his name correctly .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2020, 04:35:52 pm by dickos1 »
So what (Watters) Apart from it being good for him! We had the same wake when Alfie left us last season when he scored a few. I watched him, Blair and Williams yesterday and you wouldn't want any of them back.

With not having a development team this year, was always going to be difficult to give Watters the games he needs and with JJ and Tulloch signed up, he was never likely to get much of a chance so you can understand why DM was fair, and let him go.

We have to deal with the now and not linger on what might have been.

You can’t compare how watters has done at Crawley to what May has done at Cheltenham

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2020, 04:37:33 pm by Retdon1 »
He’s bang average for me... so slow to react to any balls played in or around him. Definitely need a better option moving forward

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 29, 2020, 04:39:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think another factor is knowing you're the only option up front and your playing 90 mins every week without respite means you have to pace yourself through games, avoid injury etc.

I don't think DM will be writing him off yet that's for sure.

Now he has back up, we might start to see better things.

I think it was also significant when right at the death Fejiri won an important header and Whiteman made a point of saying well done
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 04:42:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 29, 2020, 04:40:36 pm by Jersey Rover »
I’m not even sure he’s average at this level. There’s no doubting his effort but I’ve not seen him put any defence in any game this season under any pressure. Far to easy to mark out the game.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on November 29, 2020, 04:42:59 pm by Filo »
The Carlisle Centre Forward look miles better than him, he’s had a run of games but hasn’t cut the mustard for me

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 29, 2020, 04:44:38 pm by since-1969 »
He is OUR player just like Marquis was and HE drifted out of favour from time to time before sorting his game out  , now look at him and it didn’t happen over night . He’s scored 6 so far and I’ll say it again he needs supply not criticism!!!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 29, 2020, 04:46:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I really liked Fej but the more I see of him the worse he seems to get. TJJ is your typical top academy graduate, hard working, athletic and a clever runner.

But Okenabirhie came out the same academy?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 29, 2020, 04:49:44 pm by andyst79 »
To be fair he's isolated on his own up front and most of the time receives the ball on the halfway line with his back to goal, can't fault his effort.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 29, 2020, 04:52:56 pm by roversdude »
I think this criticism is totally unfair (my opinion) the guy runs his blood to water needs a bit of support up front, we’ve missed Taylor

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 29, 2020, 05:03:33 pm by Alickismyhero »
He struggles with high balls played to him with his back to goal, when he plays as a loan striker.

Perhaps it would help him if we played two upfront? Someone mentioned Brownie and I agree he would have fitted in perfectly.

He has to improve ,the team need a striker to play the roll of receiving the ball , shield it, laying it off and he is not doing it.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 29, 2020, 05:05:10 pm by phil o sophical »
He does seem a bit slow to react at times but i don't think it helps that we don't get the ball into the box quick enough. As a forward it must be frustrating to make a run ,wanting an early ball and nothing comes, then you're stood in a crowded penalty area trying to find some space

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 29, 2020, 05:06:50 pm by dickos1 »
He’s not strong enough, has no pace and can never find space in the box or make the correct runs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012