Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:05:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Okeneberie  (Read 6797 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Okeneberie
« Reply #60 on November 30, 2020, 05:15:32 pm by Campsall rover »
We would all like to see Feji doing well but he just doesn't have the skill to support his physique- He was easily managed by an average League 2 centre back at Carlisle, always second to the ball, and hasn't really troubled any team since Blackburn. He doesn't seem to have the ability to use his physical strength to mess centre backs around in the way that he needs to do to effectively lead our line. Really hope he comes good but at the moment a fit John Jules would play up front every game going forward in my opinion.
Hayden one of the Carlisle centre backs was being tipped to go on to great things by the Radio Cumbria commentators. The Premier League was mentioned.
Some of the criticism Ferji is getting is ridiculous. If he doesn’t get decent service into the box what is he supposed to do? The ball needs to come in much quicker from both flanks.
His hold up play is work in progress and I do feel every one is comparing him to Marquis. Maybe some of the Marquis bashes will now realise just how good he actually was and how phenomenal his work rate was.
Ferji has a lot to live up to and is doing his best in a lone striker role which with 2 centre backs permanently up your behind is a thankless task.
Give the lad a break. He has scored 6 goals and if he continues at the goals per match rate for the whole season would get 20

Come on the commentary was farcical at times. The biased one thought they were playing Dagenham & Redbridge and thought it was only us who commited any fouls.
Of course he thought one of their players was premiership quality.
Sorry which commentators were you listening to? They were very complimentary towards Rovers and kept saying what a step up in class we were.
Thought they were very un biased in there commentary.

Did you here the Wigan ones. They thought they were premier league standard in the 2nd half. They didn’t seem to realise we completely switched off.
Any way now they are bottom of the League it is possible the penny may have dropped.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 30, 2020, 05:27:22 pm by jmt23 »
I agree they were almost too complimentary, I found it odd to listen too. I am used to the away commentary barely mentioning us, but last night they spoke more about us, than the home team.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 30, 2020, 05:31:05 pm by drfchound »
The main Carlisle commentator was incredibly biased.
He kept saying things like “tell me why that was a foul” when the ref gave free kicks against CUFC.
He repeatedly said we had played a lucky pass etc.
It was the co commentator who was fair and kept saying what a well organised team we were.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 30, 2020, 05:40:21 pm by jmt23 »
Hmmm yes he did, but I agreed with most of what he said? Quite a few were never fouls, the Amos running off the pitch being a good point. He was losing the foot race, and tried to get infant and lean back on their player, Amos got it wrong and fell over....we got the foul. I found them overly fair, and sympathised with them, you would be gutted if they went against us.

Its strange how we all see or hear things differently.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 30, 2020, 05:50:23 pm by drfchound »
Hmmm yes he did, but I agreed with most of what he said? Quite a few were never fouls, the Amos running off the pitch being a good point. He was losing the foot race, and tried to get infant and lean back on their player, Amos got it wrong and fell over....we got the foul. I found them overly fair, and sympathised with them, you would be gutted if they went against us.

Watch that Amos one again mate.
The Carlisle player grabbed hold of the arm of Amos and pulled him off balance, hence why he fell over.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 30, 2020, 05:50:55 pm by RoversAlias »
The commentary was atrocious, supremely biased and they clearly had little to no idea about us or our players as was evidenced multiple times. Calling us Dagenham & Redbridge, saying they'd "heard Whiteman is quite good", discussing Darren Moore as if he'd just joined us. That's before you get into the unbelievable bias on show at every foul or missed chance etc.

They even had Carlisle fans getting in touch to tell them how ridiculous some of the things they were saying were, like the claim that their defender was "Premier League quality".

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 30, 2020, 05:58:44 pm by Campsall rover »
The commentary was atrocious, supremely biased and they clearly had little to no idea about us or our players as was evidenced multiple times. Calling us Dagenham & Redbridge, saying they'd "heard Whiteman is quite good", discussing Darren Moore as if he'd just joined us. That's before you get into the unbelievable bias on show at every foul or missed chance etc.

They even had Carlisle fans getting in touch to tell them how ridiculous some of the things they were saying were, like the claim that their defender was "Premier League quality".
Not the way I heard it Alias. It just shows how we all do see and hear things differently.

Think the ref was very good to us overall. A lot of 50/50 went our way. We have a win win win win record with him. Can we have him on Wednesday please. And his name is Oldham. Amazing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 06:01:47 pm by Campsall rover »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 30, 2020, 05:59:24 pm by Janso »

The main guy spent most of the match calling Taylor Richards Taylor as if it was his surname. Ludicrous. And we pay this guy's salary!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 30, 2020, 06:14:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
This forum requires a fall guy, that's the rules.

So far this season the critism has been mild. Its been a toss up between the left back position and  whoever leads up front. The focus has now irmly shifted to Feji.

Let me say I wasn't impressed by him on Sunday. I would go so far as to say he had a stinker and unless he is as thick as a plank, he knows it, too. We can rip him to shreds all day long, but don't go thinking players don't look in on web forums now and then, so what will that achieve?

I'm prepared to be patient, give him a chance. Hopefully let him develop some confidence. No point in undermining him.

Unfortunately others won't. They need a victim on which to vent their collective spleens. So go on, give me an example of when dishing out dog's abuse ever improved a player.

I'm not expecting much in the way of recruitment in January. I doubt anyone is. If Whiteman leaves, maybe a replacement. But these are difficult times. We are where we are. It's unlikely we will see a proven 20-goals a season player beating down our door at the start of 2021.

Cut Feji a bit of slack. It won't make him less confident in a role that clearly doesn't suit his attributes.

It's up to Darren to get the most he can from the resources he already has. We can help in a small way by supporting his choices.

We have a squad is size and quality that should be challenging for the play offs. Aside from Tulloch and a keeper if Lumley disappears, we have a fit and ready squad now. With Joe Wright now seemingly our second choice right back, we might not even need the lad back from Maidstone. Challenge is to get these players performing at a consistently high level game in, game out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on November 30, 2020, 06:19:08 pm by Donnywolf »

Watch that Amos one again mate.
The Carlisle player grabbed hold of the arm of Amos and pulled him off balance, hence why he fell over.

True - thats the one I pointed out earlier but thought it might have been James

Carlisle bloke ran after him and grabbed one arm with both hands and kept on pulling - and Commentator asked "why did he give that"

You are also right with the co commentator - as I think he was an injured or ex Player who knew his stuff

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 30, 2020, 06:47:55 pm by scawsby steve »
This forum requires a fall guy, that's the rules.

So far this season the critism has been mild. Its been a toss up between the left back position and  whoever leads up front. The focus has now irmly shifted to Feji.

Let me say I wasn't impressed by him on Sunday. I would go so far as to say he had a stinker and unless he is as thick as a plank, he knows it, too. We can rip him to shreds all day long, but don't go thinking players don't look in on web forums now and then, so what will that achieve?

I'm prepared to be patient, give him a chance. Hopefully let him develop some confidence. No point in undermining him.

Unfortunately others won't. They need a victim on which to vent their collective spleens. So go on, give me an example of when dishing out dog's abuse ever improved a player.

I'm not expecting much in the way of recruitment in January. I doubt anyone is. If Whiteman leaves, maybe a replacement. But these are difficult times. We are where we are. It's unlikely we will see a proven 20-goals a season player beating down our door at the start of 2021.

Cut Feji a bit of slack. It won't make him less confident in a role that clearly doesn't suit his attributes.

It's up to Darren to get the most he can from the resources he already has. We can help in a small way by supporting his choices.

Bob, what evidence do you have that players look in on web forums now and again? I asked a Rovers player about this a few years ago, and he said that they definitely don't, because of the dog's abuse they might see.

I agree with you that it's not nice for Fej to be getting all this stick, but with empty stadiums, I don't think he'll be aware of it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 30, 2020, 06:53:08 pm by Filo »
I can’t see anyone giving him dogs abuse on here, just honest opinion of his performances

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 30, 2020, 07:43:44 pm by drfchound »
I can’t see anyone giving him dogs abuse on here, just honest opinion of his performances

Come on Filo.
Typically he has been described as not good enough, not interested, poor control, not a centre forward etc.
There is even the thread dedicated to how poor he allegedly is.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 30, 2020, 09:00:53 pm by Filo »

Come on Filo.
Typically he has been described as not good enough, not interested, poor control, not a centre forward etc.

All that is opinion, not abuse

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 30, 2020, 09:02:59 pm by drfchound »

Come on Filo.

All that is opinion, not abuse

Mmmm, that in itself is a matter of opinion I guess.
I wonder what Fej would think if he read the comments.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 30, 2020, 09:56:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Deffo not abuse. Critical maybe but that is the subject of the thread.

Whilst we've dissected his performances and identified things he could do better, getting a new centre forward is not the answer, certainly not in the short term.

I don't think we've seen the best of him. We have seen better. Maybe now with having back up, he can maybe be given a breather, even if only mentally, and then step up a gear. As said previously, he's had to Plough a lone furrow for quite some time now.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 30, 2020, 10:22:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think the manager may becoming to his rescue, reading between the lines of a recent article from Liam Hoden, which basically says he (DM) may well have to put JJ and Gomes straight into the front line due to players being fatigued. Never mentioned names, but it doesn’t take much working out who is being referred to, in JJ’s case. The other player, to maybe be rested, could well be young Smithy, who has had more than his fair share of football lately?

The article also quoted the manager in saying that’s whyCJ was taken out of the cup game, as he’s done a fair few 90 minute games (so, relief all round that he’s not injured).

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 30, 2020, 10:39:34 pm by Donnybob »
Sawsby Steve

Bob, what evidence do you have that players look in on web forums now and again?

[/quote]

Apart from the human nature angle and ego, a friend of mine played at the highest level and is currently managing, quite successfully. I will take his view on this subject above yours and mine. Believe me they do.

And then we have player's parents, and no doubt friends and former team mates. We only have to look to the posts by New Donny to confirm that.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 30, 2020, 11:53:24 pm by since-1969 »
Sorry but in my opinion we need a different option.
Fejiri Okenabirhie .

IMO he is being isolated by playing just one forward  up front and that says more about Darren Moore’s tactics and being unable to give him a partner to play along side , after all DM tracked him for over six months before we could sign him , so he can’t be that bad a player ?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 01, 2020, 08:40:19 am by Campsall rover »
He isn’t a bad player. Full Stop.

DM would not have signed him if he wasn’t good enough.
Give him time. He has got 6 goals and he isn’t at his best yet. So how many will he get when he is.

Why oh why do some people have to have a scapegoat. Even Marquis got stick on here and some thought he wasn’t up to it.  :zzz:

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 01, 2020, 12:46:22 pm by EasyforDennis »
He isn’t a bad player. Full Stop.

DM would not have signed him if he wasn’t good enough.
Give him time. He has got 6 goals and he isn’t at his best yet. So how many will he get when he is.

Why oh why do some people have to have a scapegoat. Even Marquis got stick on here and some thought he wasn’t up to it.  :zzz:

I think you are being a bit naive if you think that if DM signs someone they must be good enough. No manager ever signs a player he doesn't think is good enough. Whether they actually turn out to be good enough is open to question. Let's face it we have signed some dross over the years but we only found that out over the fullness of time.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 01, 2020, 01:35:01 pm by selby »
  It's not that bad though EFD, The Wendies say they have spent £350 million on dross, and Derby have spent more, how bad have their managers been?
  There isn't a lot wrong with any of our squad at the moment, I think we have as strong a squad as we have had for some time, and given the average age and their limited experience of league football in some cases,I can only see us getting better over time, and I include Fej in that group as he adjusts to a different style of play to what he has been used to, and six goals is  a very good return on the number of games he has played in.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:44:05 pm by selby »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 01, 2020, 01:58:36 pm by EasyforDennis »
I didn't say it was bad at all. I was just trying to make the point that DM is not infallible. I hope Fej does come good but for me the jury is still very much out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012