Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:54:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD V Burton  (Read 8415 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: TLOD V Burton
« Reply #120 on December 19, 2020, 05:10:42 pm by RoversAlias »
It’s a shame about Lokilo. He obviously has talent but not showing anything really. Hope he figures it out.

It's an odd one. It was a signing everyone hoped might come off and it caused excitement when it did and was seen as a real sign of intent.  Still early days though.

Was it? I was happy he signed but let's be realistic, we saw him play for 20 minutes last season. He has not played much senior football in his career and has a lot of development still to go, so we shouldn't expect him to be a world-beater just yet. It could still come off yet and as you say, it is still very early days for him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 19, 2020, 05:14:35 pm by drfchound »
It’s a shame about Lokilo. He obviously has talent but not showing anything really. Hope he figures it out.

It's an odd one. It was a signing everyone hoped might come off and it caused excitement when it did and was seen as a real sign of intent.  Still early days though.

Was it? I was happy he signed but let's be realistic, we saw him play for 20 minutes last season. He has not played much senior football in his career and has a lot of development still to go, so we shouldn't expect him to be a world-beater just yet. It could still come off yet and as you say, it is still very early days for him.

Yep, agreed RA.
Too many times our players get called out as rubbish far too soon.
It would be nice if fans didn’t get on players backs.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on December 19, 2020, 05:36:11 pm by Bollinger »
Just for the record, I wasn't being critical of Lokilo. I was just pointing out the huge disparity between the excited expectations and the fan's reaction to his brief appearances to date.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 19, 2020, 05:53:46 pm by les@donr »
If we don't play well and still win, that a good sign of a promotional winning side, just got to keep it going starting Tuesday.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on December 19, 2020, 06:26:39 pm by graingrover »
He could learn loads from Josh if we were able to keep him for he needs to learn a golden rule that Sims himself points out .There is no value in breaking down the flanks if you do not find a man with your final cross .

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on December 19, 2020, 06:32:28 pm by keith79 »
Moore likes him, thats good enough for me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on December 20, 2020, 08:57:47 am by drfchound »
Rush of blood there by T-R

Why do some people think Taylor Richards is a double barrelled surname? Taylor is his first name.

I didn’t think it was a double barrelled name.

If you say so, can’t say I’ve ever seen initials with a hyphen in between them though!

Think what you like.
It was obviously quicker than typing Taylor Richards, or even Richards.

Yet longer than typing TR, like people normally do with initials like JC, JM or AB.

It’s not the end of the world to admit that you made a mistake, a lot of people seem to think it’s a double barrelled surname which is why I mentioned it in the first place!

Jeez Nick, you can be a right nit picker at times.
I have told you why I typed T-R and why on earth would I not know it isn’t a d-b name?

I’ve never in my life seen initials typed with a hyphen between them. Not once. So I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that’s what you meant. But fair enough, I’ll leave it there and take it back.

Good morning Nick.
To tag on to yesterday’s chat, you may not have been paying much attention to the posts on here over the past few months because there is one poster who often refers to Silent Majority as S-M.
Just saying.......
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 01:14:20 pm by drfchound »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012