Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:17:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLOD V Shrewsbury  (Read 7417 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: TLOD V Shrewsbury
« Reply #120 on December 22, 2020, 09:52:35 pm by sha66y »
To be fair, ...our lack of imagination at corners is not putting the fear of god into the opposition..I haven’t seen a won header for such a long time....... is that because of poor delivery or attacking position ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on December 22, 2020, 09:52:39 pm by pib »
Too many players off it tonight. Smith gave far too many passes away, Richards tried to do too much at times, and our wide players failed to exploit their wing backs pushing on.

First half we probed well but you have to create more when you are bossing the game. The free kick we gave away for their goal was silly and needless too. Hopefully Richards will learn from that and the Burton penalty. If he doesn't have that rush of blood we probably take a 0-0 and keep the unbeaten run going.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on December 22, 2020, 09:59:21 pm by RoversAlias »
It's not like we can't break these sorts of sides down though. We've done it over the past few games. The other side just got the better of us tonight. No need for alarm.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on December 22, 2020, 10:18:50 pm by TheFunk »
We just kept on doing the same things that weren't working. Nobody attempted to carry the ball at all. Our match stat of zero successful dribbles summed it up.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on December 23, 2020, 09:44:00 am by i_ateallthepies »
Taylor was particularly disappointing tonight.  One poster this week was comparing him favourably with Sims, I firmly disagree but declined to join that debate as I prefer to see the good things each player brings.
Tonight though my frustration has got the better of me, Taylor is great when he's in a foot race against a defender and running into space but put a man (or the goal) in front of him and he simply runs out of ideas and composure.  Not singling him out for last nights defeat just adding my thoughts to the debate comparing him with sims.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012