Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:11:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whiteman to Preston ?  (Read 41596 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Whiteman to Preston ?
« Reply #270 on January 12, 2021, 12:43:33 pm by keith79 »
Peterborough do it all the time. Its all about getting the best possible price for whiteman.  the more other clubs want him the better chance we have of getting our valuation.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on January 12, 2021, 01:14:19 pm by PDX_Rover »
Anyone think Ben might have had some poor advice from his agent and is playing silly buggers?  Is it possible he refused to play in an attempt to force a move? Doesn’t seem like him but you never know.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on January 12, 2021, 01:54:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
Anyone think Ben might have had some poor advice from his agent and is playing silly buggers?  Is it possible he refused to play in an attempt to force a move? Doesn’t seem like him but you never know.

Or Ben has had problems with his recovery from Covid, he is training again this week preparing for the game against Swindon, he is ready to play in all the games while he is with the club and being an ultra professional. Now that’s speculation on my behalf same as yours.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on January 12, 2021, 02:08:52 pm by PDX_Rover »

Or Ben has had problems with his recovery from Covid, he is training again this week preparing for the game against Swindon, he is ready to play in all the games while he is with the club and being an ultra professional. Now that’s speculation on my behalf same as yours.

I guess we will see if he plays the next game. What I do know is that I wouldn’t put anything past an agent. Absolute cocks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #274 on January 12, 2021, 02:14:13 pm by drfchound »
I don’t doubt that Ben is a very good professional and that he would give of his best if he was to play on Saturday.
If prospective buyers don’t come up with what we want for him then he will just have to get his head down and get on with things here.
People might say that it is no good keeping him if he is unhappy but I bet he was happy enough to sign his improved contract when it was offered to him.
The contracts are designed to benefit both parties.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #275 on January 12, 2021, 02:36:26 pm by the vicar »
Ben needs the West Ham game to boost his valuation, and it could be better for us to.  If he plays well the better clubs get interested, if he doesn’t play well then no one comes in for him

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #276 on January 12, 2021, 02:37:44 pm by MachoMadness »
Ultimately I think he's as good as gone. If his head's turned, that's it. I just hope the board hold fast on whatever their valuation is. I also hope it's sorted quickly and not at 5 minutes to midnight at the end of the window!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #278 on January 12, 2021, 03:18:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Says “over” £1.5m which seems a decent fee, not spectacular but ok. If we are getting up to £1.75m that is more like a good number, given the Blades element.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #279 on January 12, 2021, 03:21:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You know for a fact, if this is confirmed there will be those who immediately point the finger at the club saying we've let him go for peanuts! Even if it's 'undisclosed' they will say the same.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on January 12, 2021, 03:26:26 pm by Filo »
You know for a fact, if this is confirmed there will be those who immediately point the finger at the club saying we've let him go for peanuts! Even if it's 'undisclosed' they will say the same.

It is peanuts though, for that to be acceptable, he would have to cancel the wages we owe him, have a hefty sell on clause and at least a minimum payment if they let his contract run out, and payment at point of sale

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #281 on January 12, 2021, 03:30:40 pm by drfc1951 »
How can you say its peanuts when you dont know what it is?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on January 12, 2021, 03:31:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
Rolled over again!

Will we get a replacement that’s half as good? I doubt it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on January 12, 2021, 03:33:12 pm by Filo »

It will be less thann£1m after Sheff utd have their cut

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on January 12, 2021, 03:37:41 pm by drfc1951 »
You know that for a fact do you

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on January 12, 2021, 03:43:50 pm by RoversAlias »
So we're taking "Football Insider" at their word now?

The Internet is an absolute hole for football transfer rumours. If it doesn't come from either the clubs or the Free Press I don't know why people take it as read.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on January 12, 2021, 03:44:52 pm by wilts rover »
Going going gone....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-preston-north-end-have-new-bid-for-ben-whiteman-accepted/

So the bloke he will be replacing turned down £17k per week, no wonder he has had his head turned, do people reckon we should be matching that?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on January 12, 2021, 03:46:26 pm by steve@dcfd »
When will we get to know from a official source from the club

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on January 12, 2021, 03:48:17 pm by RugbyRover »
nothing from the club or the DFP?........ :unsure:

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #289 on January 12, 2021, 03:48:50 pm by rich1471 »
Going going gone....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-preston-north-end-have-new-bid-for-ben-whiteman-accepted/

So the bloke he will be replacing turned down £17k per week, no wonder he has had his head turned, do people reckon we should be matching that?
to be fair Ben will not be on that if he signs for preston , the player that turned it down is on his way to celtic or rangers on a free and that if he signed it would have broken their highest paid player

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on January 12, 2021, 03:49:21 pm by GazLaz »
It’s not always the total value that clubs reject, it’s the structure of the payments. It will be about £1.5m. How we go about replacing him is the telling thing. If the club want me to recommend some L1 midfielders they could purchase that would do a similar job, I only charge a small fee!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on January 12, 2021, 04:08:28 pm by drfc1951 »
According to journalist Alan Nixon, Whitemans contract is up in the summer.He knows nothing

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on January 12, 2021, 04:16:41 pm by Rovers91 »
Apparently its £1.6million with a load of addons in the deal, whether that is true. Hopefully the money will help us replace Whiteman and strengthen other areas of the squad to push on.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on January 12, 2021, 04:17:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
If he goes for $1.7m or whatever, we want it all up front now.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on January 12, 2021, 04:18:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
And his agent should be named and shamed.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on January 12, 2021, 04:19:00 pm by silent majority »

It will be less thann£1m after Sheff utd have their cut

Absolutely, categorically incorrect!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #296 on January 12, 2021, 04:23:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Of course this is all speculation but as we've said previously, as disappointing as it is, we have to be prepared for it to happen sooner or later.

If a club matches the value that in his terms/agreement then you can't change the goalposts and breach that agreement. That is tantamount to standing in a players way. There won't be many League One players with  such a high a release clause I would guess

Some may debate the value that triggers his ability to talk to other clubs but you have to consider, he may not have signed his new contract in the first place and could be walking away for free and/or joining Barnsley for much less than his worth. Had he not signed a new contract, the same folk would be up in arms about that too.

We may have never got Ben, or Cameron John for example, without these sell on clauses in the first place. What min fee would you say would be right for Cameron John??

These matters are never as straightforward as we think.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #297 on January 12, 2021, 04:26:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
Putting aside the tough COVID financial climate, we have a budget and I would imagine given his new deal, that Whiteman is by far our top earner. If he leaves, that wage is then freed. I doubt very much we will be signing a player who will be getting what we are paying Whiteman now, potentially bring in two players for his wage.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on January 12, 2021, 04:42:13 pm by ravenrover »
If he goes for $1.7m or whatever, we want it all up front now.
I think we would prefer £  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012