Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:16:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bid accepted (Ben Whiteman)  (Read 13384 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Bid accepted (Ben Whiteman)
« Reply #120 on January 14, 2021, 12:02:52 pm by roversdude »
All the best Ben hope you go to bigger things

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 14, 2021, 12:56:11 pm by wilts rover »
Good luck Ben, thanks for all your time and effort whilst at Rovers.

Now onto who is going to replace him.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 14, 2021, 01:17:52 pm by Move DRFC »
No ambition, he should have stayed at Doncaster, they’ll be swapping places with Preston in the summer. Should’ve waited for a bigger club

Thanks for the kind words Shadrach but we all know Preston aren't getting relegated this year.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 14, 2021, 01:35:01 pm by Spilsby Red »
Players come and go. He was a great player for us and speaks well of the club. All the best Ben and thank you for gracing our club

We now move on.

What really annoys me about some supporters, saying the board have no ambition. Our club is run very well and is respected in the community and elsewhere. There is a national pandemic on, income is virtually nothing, yet we still have a club.

I am proud to be a DRFC supporter and am thankful we have a great board. Just a shame some people choose to have a go at the board. Very sad people, especially what happened not to long ago in the past.

VikingRich

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 14, 2021, 01:50:55 pm by VikingRich »
Good post - fully agree.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on January 14, 2021, 02:40:44 pm by since-1969 »
Darren Moore has to praised for his fortitude and professionalism to keep taking all these knock backs from Covid , through to sale of key players and has still kept the his team focused and hungry to win.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 14, 2021, 02:48:10 pm by keyser_soze »
Players come and go. He was a great player for us and speaks well of the club. All the best Ben and thank you for gracing our club

We now move on.

What really annoys me about some supporters, saying the board have no ambition. Our club is run very well and is respected in the community and elsewhere. There is a national pandemic on, income is virtually nothing, yet we still have a club.

I am proud to be a DRFC supporter and am thankful we have a great board. Just a shame some people choose to have a go at the board. Very sad people, especially what happened not to long ago in the past.

Totally agree. We're making hay during this pandemic football-wise, but in reality success should currently be measured on keeping the club afloat. Staying in the same division a bonus. Promotion would be far exceeding expectation.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 14, 2021, 02:51:33 pm by firestarter »
Expect to see fewer posters on here now their heads have exploded.. happens every transfer window .. a reality check is needed by some. We are what we are.. we are Donny Rovers.. be thankful. It’s football.. and we look forward to whatever comes next .

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on January 14, 2021, 03:41:08 pm by Barmby Rover »
Sorry to see Ben go, I wonder what the chances are of keeping Taylor Richards with the money we now have? I would love to see him as a Rovers player.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 14, 2021, 03:56:45 pm by andyst79 »
Absolutely no chance , Brighton payed quite a bit for money for him .

MEGA1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on January 14, 2021, 04:32:36 pm by MEGA1879 »
You'd of thought he'd have gone to a bigger club!!!

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 14, 2021, 04:59:35 pm by Plumbster »
Very classy statement from Ben- I have almost forgiven him already!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on January 14, 2021, 05:26:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
DM - “If you’re asking if I’m going to bring anyone in for a transfer fee then I can tell you no.”

:headbang:

Sometimes I despair at this club. I understand the majority being used to look after the club financially during this season but having 6 loanees isn't smart if they'd all would get in the first eleven and we can't play with one of them. Might as well accept not challenging now.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on January 14, 2021, 05:33:56 pm by RoversAlias »
DM - “If you’re asking if I’m going to bring anyone in for a transfer fee then I can tell you no.”

Sometimes I despair at this club. I understand the majority being used to look after the club financially during this season but having 6 loanees isn't smart if they'd all would get in the first eleven and we can't play with one of them. Might as well accept not challenging now.

Aye we should definitely give up. Might as well resign from the league ey!

Meanwhile, in the real world - Darren has literally said he will get money from the Whiteman transfer to use on new players. Doesn't have to mean a transfer fee. Why don't we wait to see what happens in the next 2-3 weeks? So many Rovers fans rush to judgement, almost as if willing them on to fail. I'm sure that's not the case for you DO but we should have learned by now to take what Darren Moore says with a pinch of salt sometimes.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 14, 2021, 05:39:51 pm by RoversAlias »
Liam Hoden has just literally said in a Twitter Q&A that Darren Moore has the capability to use money to sign a player, but he may just not go that route.

People are very quick to get on the club's back, forgetting how much autonomy we rightly give the manager.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on January 14, 2021, 05:53:58 pm by PDX_Rover »
Plus, it’s not smart to just say come take our money!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 14, 2021, 06:05:32 pm by silent majority »

I think that, as others have said, we shouldn't rush to judgement here.

DM is not the media expert and has said a few things during his time with us that don't necessary reflect the right situation. For accuracy on these matters then Gavin is the man to speak to, and he hasn't ruled anything out at all.

What I can tell you is that we won't be deliberately telling people how much money we have in the bank and how we intend to spend it, that's just foolish.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on January 14, 2021, 06:08:08 pm by dickos1 »
That’s a good point,
Moore told us previously that we had no interest in okenabirhie and then we signed him.
It’s also true we shouldn’t be telling everyone we’ve got money to spend

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 14, 2021, 06:09:19 pm by scawsby steve »

We now move on.

Totally agree. We're making hay during this pandemic football-wise, but in reality success should currently be measured on keeping the club afloat. Staying in the same division a bonus. Promotion would be far exceeding expectation.

Exceeding expectation from whom? That certainly doesn't tally with the board's ambitions.

Pne

« Reply #139 on January 14, 2021, 06:59:23 pm by Pne »
Pne fan just bobbing by to get a heads up on Ben joining pne...enjoyed reading the few pages I have read...much more cordial than pne forum where the now it all’s and moaning crew run amok.

We got a few players running down there contracts so glad you think Ben signed to get you a few quiz sounds a decent lad....we’re does he live.?

Pity we couldn’t have lent you Baylis.... but then again maybe he isn’t up to your standard yet.

Good luck for your season stopped,in Rotherham 2019... me my son impressed with a new ground being close to center...

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 14, 2021, 07:47:16 pm by Jonathan »
Pne fan just bobbing by to get a heads up on Ben joining pne...enjoyed reading the few pages I have read...much more cordial than pne forum where the now it all’s and moaning crew run amok.

We got a few players running down there contracts so glad you think Ben signed to get you a few quiz sounds a decent lad....we’re does he live.?

Pity we couldn’t have lent you Baylis.... but then again maybe he isn’t up to your standard yet.

Good luck for your season stopped,in Rotherham 2019... me my son impressed with a new ground being close to center...

Think he’s based around Greater Manchester?

You’ve got a top player. There are no obvious weaknesses in his game, he can pass, tackle, get around the pitch. He’s good at winning the ball back and is dangerous from range too. More importantly, he’s proved to be a leader with the right mentality. I’ll look forward to seeing how he progresses at PNE.

Back to our situation, I think SM raises valid points there. What would be the point in DM saying we’re going to go out and spend now? It might temporarily pacify a few dissenting voices on Twitter but at the same time it ramps up expectation and weakens out negotiating position. Let’s see what happens.

In Matt Smith and Taylor Richards we have two excellent midfield players to step in, at least for the time being. I think Smith can play the anchor role.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012