Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:08:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Levelling up agenda  (Read 7515 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Levelling up agenda
« Reply #30 on January 14, 2021, 01:45:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Kids shouldn't suffer because they have wasters for parents

We are breeding another generation on the benefits gravy train, when will it end?
We are massively over populated and there must be a solution. IMO Eugenics is the answer.

What a great idea... now, where to start

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 14, 2021, 03:39:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Love to spend my working days advocating for fascism on the forums of a 3rd tier football club I don't even support. Do some f**kin work Axholme you freeloading weirdo.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 14, 2021, 10:21:50 pm by albie »
Cracking interview with Matt Hancockup on GMB with Piers Morgan;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519liYKKD8g

Now I have reservations about Morgan, but to his credit he gives to "door" Matt good and proper!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 14, 2021, 10:39:12 pm by Filo »
Cracking interview with Matt Hancockup on GMB with Piers Morgan;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=519liYKKD8g

Now I have reservations about Morgan, but to his credit he gives to "door" Matt good and proper!

Slithering like the snake he is

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 14, 2021, 11:38:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I normally refrain from posting messages directly from politicians because there is inevitably a bias in what they say. But this one has got me seething. And it seems to be based on established fact.

Keir Starmer raised the free school meal scandal in PMQ yesterday. Johnson said the food parcels that had been sent out were a disgrace. Turns out, the parcels closely matched what the Govt had told the company to provide. So yes, Prime Minister. it is a disgrace. of your Government's doing.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1349349541678620673

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 15, 2021, 09:11:39 am by Axholme Lion »
Love to spend my working days advocating for fascism on the forums of a 3rd tier football club I don't even support. Do some f**kin work Axholme you freeloading weirdo.

I am doing plenty of work you moron. Who's advocating fascism thicko. I'm advocating science to improve the human race. Don't get upset because it doesn't fit in with your point of view.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 15, 2021, 09:23:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not advocating fascism. It's a total coincidence that every opinion I have is fascist.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 15, 2021, 09:58:11 am by River Don »
AL

Even if, like in the film Gattaca, we did genetically modify and improve the human race, you're still going have a bunch of smart primates competing for the same natural rescource of the earth.

There would still be winners and losers. We'd raise the bar but nothing would change.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 15, 2021, 10:29:26 am by Axholme Lion »
AL

Even if, like in the film Gattaca, we did genetically modify and improve the human race, you're still going have a bunch of smart primates competing for the same natural rescource of the earth.

There would still be winners and losers. We'd raise the bar but nothing would change.

If there were less people, but of better quality, there would not need to be so much competition for resources. Mother nature would thank us.
The human race can not keep reproducing uncontrolled ad infinitum. There's nothing fascist about stating that fact. Population growth is the number one problem facing the world , even more that covid in my opinion. These are the uncomfortable truths which the powers that be need to face up to, but as far as I can see haven't got the bottle to do so.
To the people who disagree with my points I would ask at what point would you consider the world full up?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 15, 2021, 10:49:44 am by River Don »
AL

If there were less people, but of better quality, there would not need to be so much competition for resources. Mother nature would thank us.
The human race can not keep reproducing uncontrolled ad infinitum. There's nothing fascist about stating that fact. Population growth is the number one problem facing the world , even more that covid in my opinion. These are the uncomfortable truths which the powers that be need to face up to, but as far as I can see haven't got the bottle to do so.
To the people who disagree with my points I would ask at what point would you consider the world full up?

If there were fewer people of the same quality, there would still not be so much need for competition of resources in exactly the same way.

Either way, you still have winners and losers, you don't genetically modify competition away or natural selection or the physical forces that shape the world.

You will still have a society of winners and losers.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:44:29 pm by River Don »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 15, 2021, 11:22:47 am by River Don »
To answer your second question, just look around.

Pollution, mass extinctions, dwindling fossil fuel reserves, pressure on food supplies, climatic change, increasing conflicts, mass migrations and so on. These are all pointers that the human species is becoming out of balance with its habitat.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 15, 2021, 11:24:22 am by Not Now Kato »

I am doing plenty of work you moron. Who's advocating fascism thicko. I'm advocating science to improve the human race. Don't get upset because it doesn't fit in with your point of view.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seem to remember reading that Joseph Mengele called it 'science' too AL.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 15, 2021, 11:34:06 am by BillyStubbsTears »
RD.

Point of fact. We do not have "increasing conflicts". The past 20 or so years has been pretty much the most peaceful period of the last 700 years, measured in terms of the proportion of the human race killed in armed conflict.

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8832311/war-casualties-600-years

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 15, 2021, 01:06:53 pm by River Don »
RD.

Point of fact. We do not have "increasing conflicts". The past 20 or so years has been pretty much the most peaceful period of the last 700 years, measured in terms of the proportion of the human race killed in armed conflict.

https://www.vox.com/2015/6/23/8832311/war-casualties-600-years

I didn't know that, it would be good news side of the ledger then BST, only I think the nature of conflict is changing, it might be more difficult to measure. For instance I read somewhere that more people have been killed in Mexico through the war on drugs, than have been in both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined.

Are there any graphs that measure violent deaths?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 01:38:51 pm by River Don »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 15, 2021, 04:22:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You were talking about reducing the population, not improving the human race.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 15, 2021, 04:31:01 pm by wilts rover »

You were talking about reducing the population, not improving the human race.

It's a strange world you live in when you think the human race would be better served by eugenics than feeding children.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 15, 2021, 06:10:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Wonder who these "better quality" people are that axholme is on about. It's qwhite a mystery.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 15, 2021, 06:16:07 pm by Janso »
All this talk of using eugenics to improve the species, almost as if he wants to create something of a master race. Sound familiar? Definitely not a fascist, though.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 15, 2021, 06:44:38 pm by River Don »
Wonder who these "better quality" people are that axholme is on about. It's qwhite a mystery.

I wondered if people would notice, I didn't want to unter-mention it.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 15, 2021, 07:18:43 pm by Janso »

I wondered if people would notice, I didn't want to unter-mention it.

I can definitely see guile in your response.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 15, 2021, 07:54:53 pm by belton rover »
For balance:
The school I teach in has been given enough emergency funding to supply every student who does not have access to computers with chromebooks to assist in on line learning. Vulnerable and critical worker students are still in school every day, being taught by teaching staff full time. They are fed a good meal every day.
It’s not perfect, but what is just now?
I am actually quite proud of the service we are able to give to our young students, and the government should take some credit for that.

Photos of scabby potatoes doesn’t even begin to tell the whole story.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 15, 2021, 07:56:18 pm by Janso »
For balance:
The school I teach in has been given enough emergency funding to supply every student who does not have access to computers with chromebooks to assist in on line learning. Vulnerable and critical worker students are still in school every day, being taught by teaching staff full time. They are fed a good meal every day.
I am actually quite proud of the service we are able to give to our young students, and the government should take some credit for that.

Credit where it's due. Can't ask for much more than that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 15, 2021, 08:07:17 pm by scawsby steve »
All this talk of using eugenics to improve the species, almost as if he wants to create something of a master race. Sound familiar? Definitely not a fascist, though.

He doesn't need to, J. The master race already exists.

It's in Scawsby. Don't tell BB.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 15, 2021, 08:23:55 pm by Janso »

I said master race, not masturbates!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 15, 2021, 08:30:58 pm by scawsby steve »

I said master race, not masturbates!

I've always been known for having a certain amount of pulling power.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 15, 2021, 08:41:39 pm by albie »
Good to check out who opposed free meals for poor kids when it was voted on;
https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/2020-10-21/division/B3160B57-D3E0-4423-A511-4DE844D74379/FreeSchoolMeals?outputType=Names

I see Nick Fletcher thought this was best for his constituents in Don Valley.
Just so we all know!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 15, 2021, 09:03:10 pm by wilts rover »
For balance:

Photos of scabby potatoes doesn’t even begin to tell the whole story.

As far as I am aware the school where I am a governor has still not had all the laptops we asked for. We asked for 30 when it was first annouced - at last notification 2 had been delivered.

I have been told that we have been delivering a far more substantial food package than has been reported - and packed lunch for the children in school, no hot food as the canteen is being used as a classroom for social distancing.

So I would give credit to the individual schools and catering companies that are doing the best - or more than their best - for their children - when it is every school and every catering company working under government directions, then I will give the government credit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:07:48 pm by wilts rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 15, 2021, 09:07:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't recall anyone criticising the efforts that schools are making.

The issue is provision for kids not in school. And a private company convincing Govt it would be better to let them provided food packages with something like a 300% overhead on the wholesale cost, because it was a better solution than simply giving parents food vouchers. Then serving up the shite we've seen this week.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 15, 2021, 09:33:33 pm by belton rover »
I don't recall anyone criticising the efforts that schools are making.

The issue is provision for kids not in school. And a private company convincing Govt it would be better to let them provided food packages with something like a 300% overhead on the wholesale cost, because it was a better solution than simply giving parents food vouchers. Then serving up the shite we've seen this week.
So do you criticise the help that the government is giving schools in terms of chromebooks, in school learning and meals provided for them?
Schools could not do what they are doing without extra support from the government.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:36:45 pm by belton rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 15, 2021, 09:34:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do children get packages tailored to any medical needs or are they all expected to get the same and lump it if it's not appropriate?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012